Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

What has p*ssed you off today...part II

What has p*ssed you off today...part II

Old Mar 20th 2020, 4:19 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What has p*ssed you off today...part II

Originally Posted by Nutek View Post
=============================
Dear Guest,
We know that there’s a lot of uncertainty about travel right now and we understand your concerns.
We’re offering two options if you’re scheduled to fly with us before 31 May.
1.Change your flight without a fee
You can change the date of your trip at aerlingus.com. We’ve waived our change fees, but please note that a fare difference may apply.
2.Apply for a voucher
We’ll send you a voucher for the full value of your flight (including taxes and charges), plus an extra 10%. So if your flight cost at total of €200, we’ll send you a €220 voucher. Terms and Conditions apply.
Applying for a voucher is really simple – follow these steps.
Clicky
===============================

Haven't had that, or anything, yet.
Old Mar 20th 2020, 4:20 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
Needless to say, he wants everything. But he really, really wants to come for a visit and see his mum and his cat (not necessarily in that order) and just get a little dose of not having to adult so much all by himself a long way away. But he does want to be able to get back, too.
I understand...must be a tough decision. Who knows what tomorrow, or the next few days will bring.
Old Mar 20th 2020, 4:22 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma View Post
My son's flight should be Tuesday and he is, when I last heard, getting credit for later in the year. I think he was booked on United.

He decided not to fly because like your situation he doesn't want to compromise his dad. Also he helps my older brother and sil in Cambridge so having to self isolate both here and there seemed crazy.
Just keeping fingers crossed that by late summer he will be here.
Mine has found a friend here locally from high school who can take him in to serve his quarantine, but it isn't at all clear when he would be able to return to the UK with uncertainty about closing borders and collapsing/suspended airlines.
Old Mar 20th 2020, 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse View Post
In a way it would be better if the airline just cancelled his flight, I know it would be terribly disappointing but at least you'd know for sure. That bit of hope wears you down.
It's all wearing me and him down, tbh, but other people have much bigger problems and we have to remember that.

KBO.
Old Mar 20th 2020, 4:25 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

It's all wearing me and him down, tbh, but other people have much bigger problems and we have to remember that.

KBO.
keep yer pecker up chuck. You both must be very p*ssed off.
Old Mar 20th 2020, 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl View Post
keep yer pecker up chuck. You both must be very p*ssed off.

Yeah, it will all be fine in the end.

Old Mar 20th 2020, 5:19 pm

Sugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond repute

Mine has found a friend here locally from high school who can take him in to serve his quarantine, but it isn't at all clear when he would be able to return to the UK with uncertainty about closing borders and collapsing/suspended airlines.
Another reason son was worried about was when he could return. Luckily he is flexible for vacation time, usually between contracts although they will slow down now I'm sure
Old Mar 20th 2020, 5:55 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post

“It's not the despair, Laura. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand.” ~ Brian Stimpson, Clockwise

That is a great (and underrated) film.
Old Mar 20th 2020, 7:33 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Haven't had that, or anything, yet.
Just received this about 5 minutes ago..

==========================================
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your voucher request. We can confirm that your booking has now been cancelled and you are not required to take any further action.
Due to the large number of requests we’ve received, there may be a delay in us getting you your voucher. We can assure you we’re working hard to get it to you as soon as we possibly can.
We’ll be sending one voucher per booking which means the person who made the booking will receive the voucher.
We really appreciate your patience while we work to accommodate all of our guests during these challenging times.
We look forward to welcoming you on board – when it works for you.
The Aer Lingus team

Just need 'em to not go bust now.
Old Mar 20th 2020, 9:14 pm

Just received this about 5 minutes ago..

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your voucher request. We can confirm that your booking has now been cancelled and you are not required to take any further action.
Due to the large number of requests we’ve received, there may be a delay in us getting you your voucher. We can assure you we’re working hard to get it to you as soon as we possibly can.
We’ll be sending one voucher per booking which means the person who made the booking will receive the voucher.
We really appreciate your patience while we work to accommodate all of our guests during these challenging times.
We look forward to welcoming you on board – when it works for you.
The Aer Lingus team

Just need 'em to not go bust now.

Yes, we might take the reschedule option for Christmas - as long as they don't go bust. But they are part of the giant IAG so I'm hoping that they have deep(er) pockets.
Old Mar 20th 2020, 10:39 pm

Yes, we might take the reschedule option for Christmas - as long as they don't go bust. But they are part of the giant IAG so I'm hoping that they have deep(er) pockets.
I would have taken the reschedule for next April, but the calendar only went out till February.
Old Mar 21st 2020, 12:52 am
Newlywed

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Needless to say, he wants everything. But he really, really wants to come for a visit and see his mum and his cat (not necessarily in that order) and just get a little dose of not having to adult so much all by himself a long way away. But he does want to be able to get back, too.
I'm the same as your son. I would really like to go see my 95 year old mom but that would be 2 weeks isolation there, a week of seeing her tge 2 more weeks isolation here when/if I get back.

We've been given a directive from the health minister that health department staff are not allowed to travel overseas at all, and only can travel interstate if necessary. So, I guess if I want to have a job I'll not be going anywhere in the next 6 months or so.
Old Mar 21st 2020, 1:33 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I had a moment the other night wanting my daughter to say she was getting first flight she could and then staying for the duration. Next morning I realised we'd all probably top ourselves if she was back for an unlimited time, she'd have nowhere to self isolate, I have a family of felines in her room and what the hell was I thinking. Thankfully she's decided to stay put. All I wanted was a cuddle from her.
Old Mar 21st 2020, 2:06 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

One of my fosters mums wants human attention 24/7. She can't for logistical reasons have it. She is miaowing constantly. Even if you're in there with her and the kids and she's lying on your chest purring as you love her to death she starts miaowing. There's nothing wrong with her. Please for the love of sanity shut the **** up!!!!!
Old Mar 21st 2020, 2:38 am

I would have taken the reschedule for next April, but the calendar only went out till February.
We still haven't heard anything, but his Dub/Ord leg has vanished from available options to book. The first Dub/Ord flight is still showing, but it's too early for him to make from his Gatwick flight even if he could get a ticket on it. And into April, there is one Dub/Ord flight showing per week, on Mondays, and if you pretend to book a round trip you can't - no flights found. I think we're just ****ed. I hope they at least offer a full refund.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.