Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

What has p*ssed you off today...part II

What has p*ssed you off today...part II

Old Mar 20th 2020, 1:21 pm
Doin' It Right

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What has p*ssed you off today...part II

Originally Posted by Nutek View Post
Hartford could become Racoon City by the end of April. Years of avoidance and general disdain of other people are about to pay off.
In Futurama, it was owls that took over. On balance, I like owls better than raccoons, so I'm holding out for that reality instead
Old Mar 20th 2020, 1:28 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
In Futurama, it was owls that took over. On balance, I like owls better than raccoons, so I'm holding out for that reality instead
The owls are not what they seem.
Old Mar 20th 2020, 1:28 pm
Doin' It Right

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
That's one of the reasons I like them. Also they are basically cats with wings, which is another plus.
Old Mar 20th 2020, 1:36 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
Sneaky bastards. Hard to creep up on with their swivel heads. The Linda Blair of the bird world.
Old Mar 20th 2020, 1:57 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Sneaky bastards. Hard to creep up on with their swivel heads. The Linda Blair of the bird world.

I'd never noticed the link before but it's obvious now.

Old Mar 20th 2020, 2:02 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
Ah, right. The Little Lion's flights are apparently still on, flight out LGW/DUB/ORD on March 28th, but he hasn't heard anything from them. Maybe because the flight is in March, or maybe because it goes to OHare. The return flight, on the other hand is allegedly the 18th.

His uni has gone totally virtual, including end-of-year assessments, so we are pondering whether to have him fly here (if his plane does actually fly) but return later since there would then be no rush. He is a US/UK citizen, so hoping no barriers would be presented on that score.

I don't even know if it's possible to extend just half the ticket out. Never tried that one.

He knows he would have to self-quarantine for two weeks, and the enterprising young man has found a high school friend with a separate bedroom and bathroom where he could do that. (Can't be here due to OH with "underlying condition".
Aer Lingus finally cancelled today what would have been my flight in April.

The "voucher" hasn't appeared as yet.. Hopefully just backed up. I do have a screenshot of the acceptance form on their website if it comes to an argument.
Old Mar 20th 2020, 2:11 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Aer Lingus finally cancelled today what would have been my flight in April
Is that because you are flying from an airport that isn't one of the designated airports? Or because it's April and not March? Or unknown? The LL's March 28 flight is allegedly still on the books.
Old Mar 20th 2020, 2:20 pm

Is that because you are flying from an airport that isn't one of the designated airports? Or because it's April and not March? Or unknown? The LL's March 28 flight is allegedly still on the books.
Unknown. They offered the option to rebook or accept the voucher 24 hours before the flight cancelled out. I took it as I figured it was probably the best I was going to get.
Old Mar 20th 2020, 2:23 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Unknown. They offered the option to rebook or accept the voucher 24 hours before the flight cancelled out. I took it as I figured it was probably the best I was going to get.

LL's been offered nothing so far, but it isn't at all clear to me when/if he will be able to get back to the UK if he does make it here.
Old Mar 20th 2020, 2:47 pm

=============================
Dear Guest,
We know that there’s a lot of uncertainty about travel right now and we understand your concerns.
We’re offering two options if you’re scheduled to fly with us before 31 May.
1.Change your flight without a fee
You can change the date of your trip at aerlingus.com. We’ve waived our change fees, but please note that a fare difference may apply.
2.Apply for a voucher
We’ll send you a voucher for the full value of your flight (including taxes and charges), plus an extra 10%. So if your flight cost at total of €200, we’ll send you a €220 voucher. Terms and Conditions apply.
Applying for a voucher is really simple – follow these steps.
Clicky
===============================
Old Mar 20th 2020, 2:49 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

LL's been offered nothing so far, but it isn't at all clear to me when/if he will be able to get back to the UK if he does make it here.
where does he prefer to be? I know he has a girlfriend in the UK. If he stayed does he have anywhere to stay? What a bloomin’ nightmare.
Old Mar 20th 2020, 3:01 pm

Sugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond repute

My son's flight should be Tuesday and he is, when I last heard, getting credit for later in the year. I think he was booked on United.

He decided not to fly because like your situation he doesn't want to compromise his dad. Also he helps my older brother and sil in Cambridge so having to self isolate both here and there seemed crazy.
Just keeping fingers crossed that by late summer he will be here.

Last edited by Sugarmooma; Mar 20th 2020 at 3:04 pm.
Old Mar 20th 2020, 3:14 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

In a way it would be better if the airline just cancelled his flight, I know it would be terribly disappointing but at least you'd know for sure. That bit of hope wears you down.
Old Mar 20th 2020, 3:40 pm
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse View Post
That bit of hope wears you down.

“It's not the despair, Laura. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand.” ~ Brian Stimpson, Clockwise

Old Mar 20th 2020, 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl View Post
where does he prefer to be? I know he has a girlfriend in the UK. If he stayed does he have anywhere to stay? What a bloomin’ nightmare.
Needless to say, he wants everything. But he really, really wants to come for a visit and see his mum and his cat (not necessarily in that order) and just get a little dose of not having to adult so much all by himself a long way away. But he does want to be able to get back, too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.