Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

What has p*ssed you off today...part II

What has p*ssed you off today...part II

Old Jan 31st 2020, 12:53 pm
BEfuddled

BuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What has p*ssed you off today...part II

Originally Posted by Annetje View Post
BE
Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
What, all of it?
Originally Posted by moneypenny20 View Post
I'm sorry.
Probably not your fault.
I would surmise that It's not helped by the TIO 'gloaters' continuing to throw spears, rocks, and abuse, who can't see the fun factor in mocking overpriced, ludicrous tea-towels and the ilk.

Or jolly expensive train-sets, come to that.
Old Jan 31st 2020, 2:07 pm
Doin' It Right

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321 View Post
It seems to be. Jobs are becoming too high tech for the average person, and with automation I suspect even finding jobs will be come more difficult with time. They claim low unemployment and that there are more jobs than workers but yet I can't find a job despite applying to hundreds of places, so many I lost I track, so I suspect the worker shortages are in specific fields likely requiring specific skills and not an all around shortage of workers.
Hiring practices suck, applying for jobs just drains the life out of a person. Having to come up with a bunch of wank to fluff out a resume that's going to end up in the bin, and not even getting a call back to tell you to stop wasting your time waiting for an interview. And then when you do get to the interview, the asinine questions. "Why do you want to work here?" Bitch, I need the money - same as you. Let's not pretend that this is some ground-breaking, important stuff we're doing here. We're not curing AIDS or sending men to the stars, we're pushing numbers and paper around an office. If I lose this job I'm ****ed. Absolutely ****ed. I just need to put in 29 more years and then I'm retiring. I hope I can do that here.

Part of me wants to just go get my CDL and **** off driving lorries for a living, but even that'll be automated out of existence in 15 years and it pays less than my job does now. But the thought of being by myself (or I guess with another driver but team drivers make the miles of both drivers so that's OK too), with no corporate sweater-vest trying to micromanage me makes me irrationally happy.
Old Jan 31st 2020, 2:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

chawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
Hiring practices suck, applying for jobs just drains the life out of a person. Having to come up with a bunch of wank to fluff out a resume that's going to end up in the bin, and not even getting a call back to tell you to stop wasting your time waiting for an interview. And then when you do get to the interview, the asinine questions. "Why do you want to work here?" Bitch, I need the money - same as you. Let's not pretend that this is some ground-breaking, important stuff we're doing here. We're not curing AIDS or sending men to the stars, we're pushing numbers and paper around an office. If I lose this job I'm ****ed. Absolutely ****ed. I just need to put in 29 more years and then I'm retiring. I hope I can do that here.

Part of me wants to just go get my CDL and **** off driving lorries for a living, but even that'll be automated out of existence in 15 years and it pays less than my job does now. But the thought of being by myself (or I guess with another driver but team drivers make the miles of both drivers so that's OK too), with no corporate sweater-vest trying to micromanage me makes me irrationally happy.
In my last interview, I was asked "What is your 5-year plan?"

Me: "Well, it's more of a 10-year plan to make it to retirement."

I was actually offered the job but turned it down in favour of the one I'm in now.
Old Jan 31st 2020, 2:21 pm
Doin' It Right

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chawkins99 View Post
In my last interview, I was asked "What is your 5-year plan?"

Me: "Well, it's more of a 10-year plan to make it to retirement."

I was actually offered the job but turned it down in favour of the one I'm in now.
I hate that one too. I don't make plans. I plan to not be unemployed in 5 years, hopefully still here. That's as far as it goes. I just want to cash my paycheck, pay my bills and try to have some fun if I can manage it. Maybe a holiday every once in a while. I don't ask for much.
Old Jan 31st 2020, 2:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

chawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond repute

I hate that one too. I don't make plans. I plan to not be unemployed in 5 years, hopefully still here. That's as far as it goes. I just want to cash my paycheck, pay my bills and try to have some fun if I can manage it. Maybe a holiday every once in a while. I don't ask for much.
A couple of other questions from that interview:

iPhone or Android?

Star Trek or Star Wars?

I would have preferred that job but took this one, mainly, because it's 4 hours closer to the daughter & family.
Old Jan 31st 2020, 2:30 pm
Doin' It Right

A couple of other questions from that interview:

iPhone or Android?

Star Trek or Star Wars?

I would have preferred that job but took this one, mainly, because it's 4 hours closer to the daughter & family.
What the hell kind of questions are those for an interview? I get the questions that are trying to feel out if you're a good fit personality-wise for your future colleagues, but those are just irrelevant.

I'll never understand corporate suits as long as I live. This isn't a world I belong in.
Old Jan 31st 2020, 2:31 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

"Tell me about an example of where you didn't succeed in accomplishing a goal".

Sigh.
Old Jan 31st 2020, 2:31 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BuckinghamshireBoy View Post
I would surmise that It's not helped by the TIO 'gloaters
well, you know, you could be a gloater.
I beg pardon.
You know, a gloater, eh, come to gloat over the condemned man. I mean
we’re up to our ears is gloaters here. “Can I come in for a gloat?” they
shout and we shout back “Oh you heartless gloaters”.

/Blackadder
Old Jan 31st 2020, 2:35 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutek View Post
I beg pardon.

/Blackadder

Interestingly, the etymology of the word is some combination of Old Norse and High German. Bloody foreigners.

Old Jan 31st 2020, 2:50 pm
Doin' It Right

Sigh.
Almost every time I play soccer.

**** those questions though, all they do is weed out the critical thinkers they would have to pay more to, from the robotic, bootlicking drones who they can screw over on the daily without question.

Originally Posted by Nutek View Post
I beg pardon.

/Blackadder
"I have a great pain in my heart."

"It's probably indigestion, I'll soon take your mind off that."
Old Jan 31st 2020, 3:27 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Sigh.
My lottery numbers didn't come up, so I am stuck here dealing with this bullshit.
Old Jan 31st 2020, 3:28 pm
Doin' It Right

Originally Posted by zargof View Post
My lottery numbers didn't come up, so I am stuck here dealing with this bullshit.
I feel this.
Old Jan 31st 2020, 5:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

What the hell kind of questions are those for an interview? I get the questions that are trying to feel out if you're a good fit personality-wise for your future colleagues, but those are just irrelevant.

I'll never understand corporate suits as long as I live. This isn't a world I belong in.
I think by that time, it was a done deal and was just banter between us. I was interviewed by the entire IT department (about 8 people).

When I entered the room and saw all of them, I said "I wasn't expecting the Spanish inquisition" I'm not sure any of them picked up on that...
Old Jan 31st 2020, 5:15 pm
Doin' It Right

I think by that time, it was a done deal and was just banter between us. I was interviewed by the entire IT department (about 8 people).
I'm even more disappointed now that the IT department didn't ask you AMD or Intel. Amateurs.

When I entered the room and saw all of them, I said "I wasn't expecting the Spanish inquisition" I'm not sure any of them picked up on that...
Nobody expects it, so presumably that includes the Inquisition itself.
Old Jan 31st 2020, 5:39 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

I'm even more disappointed now that the IT department didn't ask you AMD or Intel. Amateurs.

Nobody expects it, so presumably that includes the Inquisition itself.
It's their chief weapon.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.