Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

What has p*ssed you off today...part II

What has p*ssed you off today...part II

Old Jan 28th 2020, 2:25 pm
  #9676  
Doin' It Right
 
SultanOfSwing's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Fox Lake, IL (from Carrickfergus NI)
Posts: 48,183
SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What has p*ssed you off today...part II

Originally Posted by 007Steve View Post
Blue Streak to the lot of them. The firm smack of some TSR2 is definitely needed in this forum
Brown streak would have been a funnier name.
SultanOfSwing is offline  
Old Jan 30th 2020, 12:43 am
  #9677  
Stand-up Philosopher
 
caretaker's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Regina and Oliver
Posts: 14,386
caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What has p*ssed you off today...part II

They pre-empted Jeopardy! for the Michigan State of the State Address. Bugger basic cable.
Edit: It came on! Glad I looked back.

Last edited by caretaker; Jan 30th 2020 at 12:58 am.
caretaker is offline  
Old Jan 30th 2020, 5:31 am
  #9678  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Jsmth321's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 26,867
Jsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What has p*ssed you off today...part II

Prices in Canada really tick me off. US price vs Canadian price, same exact product and model. $6.57 US$ = $8.68 CAD$. Both sold and shipped by Amazon, not 3rd party sellers. Ordering from US is futile because once the shipping/taxes are added ordering from the US would cost $30 CAD.

If only we were paid a premium in Canada, one of many example of why life is so hard in Canada, we pay a premium for nearly everything but man income certainly isn't paid to compensate for the high cost of goods and services.





Last edited by Jsmth321; Jan 30th 2020 at 5:35 am.
Jsmth321 is offline  
Old Jan 30th 2020, 7:34 am
  #9679  
Newlywed
 
Dorothy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 28,933
Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What has p*ssed you off today...part II

The new cleaner at work keeps putting the toilet paper sheets in sideways so it doesn't pull out of the dispenser right. I mean, really. How hard is it to put a packet of TP in the dispenser the right way? There's even an arrow on the packet showing how.
Dorothy is offline  
Old Jan 30th 2020, 9:08 am
  #9680  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
GeniB's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 6,313
GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What has p*ssed you off today...part II

Originally Posted by mikelincs View Post
There will be no Bong for Brexit, thankfully, the money will be given to Veterans charities.
So he says ? I hope someone is following up on that ? I can see a few Shepherds huts springing up..or someones aunts castle being suddenly restored
GeniB is offline  
Old Jan 30th 2020, 9:14 am
  #9681  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
GeniB's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 6,313
GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What has p*ssed you off today...part II

The appalling name tagging of absolutely b******y everything

Those who voted to leave the EU decided it would be appropriate to name call those who wanted to remain as remainiacs. .. ( yet they accuse those who wished to remain as the mud slingers hmmm)
Now I am getting umpteen emails from my brother with the term WOKE in them... WTFF is that? Everything I say is apparently of the WOKE persuasion.. ( YEP he voted leave ,seems they can't help it ,or stop it )

SPEAK ENGLISH...
GeniB is offline  
Old Jan 30th 2020, 9:18 am
  #9682  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
GeniB's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 6,313
GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What has p*ssed you off today...part II

Originally Posted by Dorothy View Post
The new cleaner at work keeps putting the toilet paper sheets in sideways so it doesn't pull out of the dispenser right. I mean, really. How hard is it to put a packet of TP in the dispenser the right way? There's even an arrow on the packet showing how.
Next time you 'go' Dorothy Draw a picture for her ( or him ? ) on the offending paper ,with arrows in red ...
GeniB is offline  
Old Jan 30th 2020, 10:33 am
  #9683  
Newlywed
 
Dorothy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 28,933
Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What has p*ssed you off today...part II

Originally Posted by GeniB View Post
Next time you 'go' Dorothy Draw a picture for her ( or him ? ) on the offending paper ,with arrows in red ...
I put a post it note on the one in the staff toilet today that reads 'STOP PUTTING THE PAPER IN WRONG"
Dorothy is offline  
Old Jan 30th 2020, 12:09 pm
  #9684  
Oscar nominated
 
BristolUK's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: Moncton, NB, CANADA
Posts: 35,946
BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What has p*ssed you off today...part II

Originally Posted by GeniB View Post
Now I am getting umpteen emails from my brother with the term WOKE in them... WTFF is that? Everything I say is apparently of the WOKE persuasion.
Wear that badge with pride. (and see the new thread I'm about to start)

Originally Posted by Dorothy View Post
I put a post it note on the one in the staff toilet today that reads 'STOP PUTTING THE PAPER IN WRONG"
I hope it doesn't come unstuck and someone puts it back sideways.
BristolUK is offline  
Old Jan 30th 2020, 2:16 pm
  #9685  
Doin' It Right
 
SultanOfSwing's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Fox Lake, IL (from Carrickfergus NI)
Posts: 48,183
SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What has p*ssed you off today...part II

Originally Posted by Jsmth321 View Post
Prices in Canada really tick me off. US price vs Canadian price, same exact product and model. $6.57 US$ = $8.68 CAD$. Both sold and shipped by Amazon, not 3rd party sellers. Ordering from US is futile because once the shipping/taxes are added ordering from the US would cost $30 CAD.

If only we were paid a premium in Canada, one of many example of why life is so hard in Canada, we pay a premium for nearly everything but man income certainly isn't paid to compensate for the high cost of goods and services.


I'm often having to send things up to my mate in AB because you guys always get rinsed on shipping up there.
SultanOfSwing is offline  
Old Jan 30th 2020, 4:14 pm
  #9686  
Stand-up Philosopher
 
caretaker's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Regina and Oliver
Posts: 14,386
caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What has p*ssed you off today...part II

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
I'm often having to send things up to my mate in AB because you guys always get rinsed on shipping up there.
Canada Post parcel shipping is damned expensive compared to USPS. The prices in Canada are often the same as in US stores, some are cheaper and some are more expensive once corrected for exchange. A lot of things I can find in local stores for the same or less than online from the US, but sometimes it takes a bit of searching. What surprised me in Florida was how much more some food items are. My sister takes a lot of stuff with her when she drives down each winter and saves money as long as it lasts.
caretaker is offline  
Old Jan 30th 2020, 4:35 pm
  #9687  
Doin' It Right
 
SultanOfSwing's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Fox Lake, IL (from Carrickfergus NI)
Posts: 48,183
SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What has p*ssed you off today...part II

Originally Posted by caretaker View Post
Canada Post parcel shipping is damned expensive compared to USPS. The prices in Canada are often the same as in US stores, some are cheaper and some are more expensive once corrected for exchange. A lot of things I can find in local stores for the same or less than online from the US, but sometimes it takes a bit of searching. What surprised me in Florida was how much more some food items are. My sister takes a lot of stuff with her when she drives down each winter and saves money as long as it lasts.
It doesn't just stop with the Canadian post too, there are a few things he apparently can't get locally that he can find on ebay at the same price it would cost me to buy them at Walmart or wherever, but a lot of US shippers gouge Canadians on shipping. Like way more than it costs me to send the stuff. Of course, it's even better when I can have an excuse to go hang out for a week and hand deliver them, but $15.00 to post a parcel is considerably cheaper than a $600.00 flight
SultanOfSwing is offline  
Old Jan 30th 2020, 5:05 pm
  #9688  
Stand-up Philosopher
 
caretaker's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Regina and Oliver
Posts: 14,386
caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What has p*ssed you off today...part II

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
It doesn't just stop with the Canadian post too, there are a few things he apparently can't get locally that he can find on ebay at the same price it would cost me to buy them at Walmart or wherever, but a lot of US shippers gouge Canadians on shipping. Like way more than it costs me to send the stuff. Of course, it's even better when I can have an excuse to go hang out for a week and hand deliver them, but $15.00 to post a parcel is considerably cheaper than a $600.00 flight
You have to shop around. A friend wanted a stiletto knife like mine for his collection so I ordered him one on ebay, and the postage from Ontario was $14! I've had things mailed from the US that were much bigger and heavier and the postage was a fraction of that. Royal Mail to Canada is an example of decent pricing for things under a certain weight and size, then boom, expensive soon as that threshold is passed. Some things I'll get from Ali Express, some things from Amazon, some from Ebay, and some from DHGate, and if it's something available from more than 1 of them I'll almost always cross-check to see if I'm getting the deal I want.
In St Petersburg I hit the sale table in the fishing tackle section of Walmart hard, real hard.
caretaker is offline  
Old Jan 30th 2020, 5:07 pm
  #9689  
Doin' It Right
 
SultanOfSwing's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Fox Lake, IL (from Carrickfergus NI)
Posts: 48,183
SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What has p*ssed you off today...part II

Originally Posted by caretaker View Post
You have to shop around. A friend wanted a stiletto knife like mine for his collection so I ordered him one on ebay, and the postage from Ontario was $14! I've had things mailed from the US that were much bigger and heavier and the postage was a fraction of that. Royal Mail to Canada is an example of decent pricing for things under a certain weight and size, then boom, expensive soon as that threshold is passed. Some things I'll get from Ali Express, some things from Amazon, some from Ebay, and some from DHGate, and if it's something available from more than 1 of them I'll almost always cross-check to see if I'm getting the deal I want.
Doesn't help that he's in Fairview. Even Grande Prairie is a 2 hour drive away and that's not exactly a bustling metropolis. I'm happy to spend a few bucks to send him some little bits and bobs to pay him back for drinking all his coffee the last time I was up there.
SultanOfSwing is offline  
Old Jan 30th 2020, 5:10 pm
  #9690  
Stand-up Philosopher
 
caretaker's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Regina and Oliver
Posts: 14,386
caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What has p*ssed you off today...part II

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
Doesn't help that he's in Fairview. Even Grande Prairie is a 2 hour drive away and that's not exactly a bustling metropolis. I'm happy to spend a few bucks to send him some little bits and bobs to pay him back for drinking all his coffee the last time I was up there.
I have a friend in Bluesky! Small world.
caretaker is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.