Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

What has p*ssed you off today...part II

What has p*ssed you off today...part II

Old Jan 14th 2020, 1:02 pm
Dedicated European

Expatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What has p*ssed you off today...part II

Originally Posted by Zoe Bell View Post
is that the one that used to be Jersey european?
fond memories of flights between Belfast and Birmingham when Ben and i were engaged!
That's the one!
Old Jan 14th 2020, 2:33 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

damn they were good. The flight from birmingham to belfast city was hilarious , it consisted of a climb and a descent, i'm not convinced there was a bit ion the middle.
Old Jan 14th 2020, 2:39 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

The flight from birmingham to belfast city was hilarious , it consisted of a climb and a descent, i'm not convinced there was a bit ion the middle.
I had to check the previous comments. For a minute there I thought you'd taken "something" for the flight.
Old Jan 14th 2020, 2:42 pm
Doin' It Right

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

damn they were good. The flight from birmingham to belfast city was hilarious , it consisted of a climb and a descent, i'm not convinced there was a bit ion the middle.
When I was 8, we flew with them from Belfast to the Isle of Man. I think we got up to about 20 feet and then had to come back down again. But it was my first time on a plane so it was still fun for me.
Old Jan 14th 2020, 2:44 pm
Dedicated European

Expatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Followed (in the case of the Q400) by a bone jarring crash at the end!

Those magnificent men in their flying machines.
They go up tiddly up up,
they go down tiddly down down.
Old Jan 14th 2020, 2:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bipat View Post
Yes the increase in violent street crime/knifings/drug related/murders is dreadful. The reduction in police numbers must have been a factor. However to say that it is "egged on", "started" by the Government is ludicrous!!
You don't think showing utter indifference to Jo cox's murder isn't 'egging on' thugs.... You live in a different world to me then
Old Jan 14th 2020, 2:48 pm
Cruising through BE

LARAHTX has a reputation beyond reputeLARAHTX has a reputation beyond reputeLARAHTX has a reputation beyond reputeLARAHTX has a reputation beyond reputeLARAHTX has a reputation beyond reputeLARAHTX has a reputation beyond reputeLARAHTX has a reputation beyond reputeLARAHTX has a reputation beyond reputeLARAHTX has a reputation beyond reputeLARAHTX has a reputation beyond reputeLARAHTX has a reputation beyond repute

I received an email for an interview on the 21st but I wont be in England until the 25th. Ugh.
So having to send that awkward "please reschedule" email.. hoping they will...
Old Jan 14th 2020, 3:32 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

People living in the EU and using the EHIC card, please be aware that some medical practises are telling patients that the EHIC card will not be accepted after 31st January, this is, of course, a load of cobblers, it will be OK until the end of the transition period, ie 31 December.
Old Jan 14th 2020, 4:26 pm
Fair and balanced

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
When I was 8, we flew with them from Belfast to the Isle of Man. I think we got up to about 20 feet and then had to come back down again. But it was my first time on a plane so it was still fun for me.
when the front wheel touched down in Douglas, the back wheels were still on the Belfast runway.
Old Jan 14th 2020, 4:35 pm
Doin' It Right

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung View Post
when the front wheel touched down in Douglas, the back wheels were still on the Belfast runway.
Yeah, pretty much
Old Jan 14th 2020, 4:37 pm
Dedicated European

Originally Posted by mikelincs View Post
People living in the EU and using the EHIC card, please be aware that some medical practises are telling patients that the EHIC card will not be accepted after 31st January, this is, of course, a load of cobblers, it will be OK until the end of the transition period, ie 31 December.
You are absolutely correct - however I think you will find that people on the ground will, at local, lower down levels of government, services etc, come across the "brexit happened on 31st January" syndrome and will have to fight their corner.
Old Jan 14th 2020, 5:20 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Isn't that only about 75 miles

Mind you, we used to fly across the Channel to France on those little planes that could hold about 6 cars and 20 people. We almost touched the waves. (Make that about 3 cars)

This sort of thing.

Last edited by Lion in Winter; Jan 14th 2020 at 5:22 pm.
Old Jan 14th 2020, 5:30 pm
Doin' It Right

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
Isn't that only about 75 miles

Mind you, we used to fly across the Channel to France on those little planes that could hold about 6 cars and 20 people. We almost touched the waves. (Make that about 3 cars)

This sort of thing.

I think it might even be less than 75 miles. I think we might have topped 5,000' max on the way over. We were in the lovely Short 360, would have looked very similar to this one:

Jersey European on the way out, Manx on the way back. We got a cup of tea and a biscuit, and some sucky sweets for our ears. In flight service at it's best. I honestly think the taxi ride from Ronaldsway to our hotel took longer than the flight.

That was my first flight, in 1988. It would be 16 years before I got on another plane, which was when I flew out here for the first time. We didn't take a lot of holidays growing up. Those we did were usually a 50 mile drive away up the Antrim Coast.
Old Jan 14th 2020, 5:43 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

I think it might even be less than 75 miles. I think we might have topped 5,000' max on the way over. We were in the lovely Short 360, would have looked very similar to this one:

Jersey European on the way out, Manx on the way back. We got a cup of tea and a biscuit, and some sucky sweets for our ears. In flight service at it's best. I honestly think the taxi ride from Ronaldsway to our hotel took longer than the flight.

That was my first flight, in 1988. It would be 16 years before I got on another plane, which was when I flew out here for the first time. We didn't take a lot of holidays growing up. Those we did were usually a 50 mile drive away up the Antrim Coast.

That plane looks like it was constructed from a kit.
Old Jan 14th 2020, 5:45 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
That plane looks like it was constructed from a kit.
I was just thinking that. It reminded me of those balsa wood gliders I used to buy as a child.

A flat body.

The plane, not me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.