Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

What has p*ssed you off today...part II

What has p*ssed you off today...part II

Old Dec 9th 2019, 12:14 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What has p*ssed you off today...part II

Posts discussing Big Pharma/NHS have been moved into a separate thread...

https://britishexpats.com/forum/take...ma-nhs-929724/
Old Dec 10th 2019, 1:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Jsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond repute

Companies who use nothing but canned copy and paste answers and refuse to actually provide service.
Old Dec 10th 2019, 2:37 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321 View Post
Companies who use nothing but canned copy and paste answers and refuse to actually provide service.
Especially when you email them and say "I have looked on your website but the information I want is not there. Please tell me..."

And then they refer you to their website, which is irritating enough even disregarding that your email was actually via the feedback feature of the website.
Old Dec 10th 2019, 4:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Jsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
Especially when you email them and say "I have looked on your website but the information I want is not there. Please tell me..."

And then they refer you to their website, which is irritating enough even disregarding that your email was actually via the feedback feature of the website.
I hate that too, beyond annoying. Like fool I already looked its not there.

With Amazon I have found its best to email the Jeff email, usually get a reply within 24 hours, and it's usually resolving the issue that customer service said couldn't or would not do. Apparently the people who answer at the Jeff email are at HQ in Seattle, and they get things done.

Last edited by Jsmth321; Dec 10th 2019 at 4:52 am.
Old Dec 10th 2019, 6:12 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321 View Post
Oh yes! Have just got off the phone to someone who sounds like a shonky used car salesman. I order a quilt cover set for my mum for Christmas, on 7 November! and it still hasn't arrived. Got all the excuses going -

I've tried calling you once a week since 10 November (no you haven't),
The supplier told me they had stock and then they said they didn't (not my flipping problem),
I called the supplier 2 days ago and they definitely have stock now (so when will I get my order?)
I don't know.

Makes you want to scream!
Old Dec 10th 2019, 6:58 am
BE Forum Addict

el collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond repute

dentist again
Old Dec 10th 2019, 7:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Just tell the truth and people will be happier.

I got in trouble in call center job once for being too honest and not keeping to the script.

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse View Post
Oh yes! Have just got off the phone to someone who sounds like a shonky used car salesman. I order a quilt cover set for my mum for Christmas, on 7 November! and it still hasn't arrived. Got all the excuses going -

I've tried calling you once a week since 10 November (no you haven't),
The supplier told me they had stock and then they said they didn't (not my flipping problem),
I called the supplier 2 days ago and they definitely have stock now (so when will I get my order?)
I don't know.

Makes you want to scream!
Old Dec 10th 2019, 3:26 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

MIL and myself ordered new specs at the opticians on 25th November. Ready in about 10 days they said.
Mine were ready a week after but there was no point in going for me and then again when hers were ready.
Also wanted to combine it with a grocery shop at a particular store that I don't use that often and wanted to do it before it got too close to Christmas.

Just over two weeks later and still not ready.

Poor service.
Old Dec 10th 2019, 6:13 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
MIL and myself ordered new specs at the opticians on 25th November. Ready in about 10 days they said.
Mine were ready a week after but there was no point in going for me and then again when hers were ready.
Also wanted to combine it with a grocery shop at a particular store that I don't use that often and wanted to do it before it got too close to Christmas.Just over two weeks later and still not ready.Poor service.
I got 2 pair of bifocals last year, and 1 pair of prescription bifocal sunglasses this year at Walmart Vision Centre. I went back because I think the optician is cute, but the service was really good as well, which I consider a bonus.

Old Dec 10th 2019, 6:16 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker View Post
I got 2 pair of bifocals last year, and 1 pair of prescription bifocal sunglasses this year at Walmart Vision Centre. I went back because I think the optician is cute, but the service was really good as well, which I consider a bonus.
We get ours from Costco...mine are readers, his for myopia. Always great prices and service.
Old Dec 10th 2019, 6:19 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl View Post
We get ours from Costco...mine are readers, his for myopia. Always great prices and service.
The (bifocal) glasses came to $380 for 2 pair with scratch coat, and the sunglasses were $240 (scratch coat as well). First pair of prescription sunglasses I've had and I love them.
Old Dec 10th 2019, 6:42 pm
BEfuddled

BuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond repute

... First pair of prescription sunglasses I've had and I love them.
Wonderful, aren't they?

My preferred optician back in CH had a scheme that was "your age = your percentage discount" but only on the lenses, not the frames. They didn't stock very many 'non-designer' frames.

I still can't quite feel at ease with either bifocals or varifocals. I think that next time around I'll just go for a proper 'distance' pair for driving, and pick up a new pair of reading glasses in the local supermarket for around €5. I don't give a crap if they're orange with butterfly motifs, I'm reading in the privacy of my own home.
Old Dec 10th 2019, 6:49 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

Originally Posted by BuckinghamshireBoy View Post
I don't give a crap if they're orange with butterfly motifs

Ok. You get used to bifocals, but it isn't the same for everyone. I often take mine off to read close up, and when you first get them there's the falling upstairs syndrome.
Old Dec 10th 2019, 6:55 pm
BEfuddled

BuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond repute

Ok. You get used to bifocals, but it isn't the same for everyone. I often take mine off to read close up, and when you first get them there's the falling upstairs syndrome.
Exactly so. Which is likely why I cut the stairs out of the equation.

I don't think I ever saw a photo of Sir Les wearing spectacles though...
Old Dec 10th 2019, 7:33 pm
Preparing to move again

Annetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond repute

Not really p*ssed off but made me sad .... Marie Fredriksson from Roxette died today
Love that voice !

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjV...ZsEW8LN6nZcnog

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.