Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

What has p*ssed you off today...part II

What has p*ssed you off today...part II

Old Dec 7th 2019, 3:45 pm

Sugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What has p*ssed you off today...part II

As I work for the County anytime we feel we need security we get a County Sheriff's officer with us. It often happens unfortunately in the Health department building next to us. So starting Monday we will have one of them .

I'm still trying to get my head around the whole situation. The sudden anger, hostility and the mean ugly remarks. It was like a totally different person.

I am thinking it over this weekend if I want to go back or just leave now. It really did scare me and seeing how my Director reacted as well ( I've mentioned her before. She is hard as nails) I just need to put it in perspective. If this happened in almost any other country I might not be so freaked out but the gun thing is just scary, especially when you know the person that is acting crazy has a weapon.

Trying to relax today and concentrate on other things. Thanks for letting me rant and get this off my chest guys. You're a great bunch!
Old Dec 7th 2019, 3:56 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma View Post
As I work for the County anytime we feel we need security we get a County Sheriff's officer with us. It often happens unfortunately in the Health department building next to us. So starting Monday we will have one of them .

I'm still trying to get my head around the whole situation. The sudden anger, hostility and the mean ugly remarks. It was like a totally different person.

I am thinking it over this weekend if I want to go back or just leave now. It really did scare me and seeing how my Director reacted as well ( I've mentioned her before. She is hard as nails) I just need to put it in perspective. If this happened in almost any other country I might not be so freaked out but the gun thing is just scary, especially when you know the person that is acting crazy has a weapon.

Trying to relax today and concentrate on other things. Thanks for letting me rant and get this off my chest guys. You're a great bunch!
((((((HUGS))))))
Old Dec 7th 2019, 4:23 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

That is the abusive personality in a nutshell.

It's good that the company is worried. Consider demanding that your last two weeks are off, with full pay and no loss of benefits.
Old Dec 7th 2019, 4:24 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Just a thought because I don't know the employment law there, but can you go on stress leave for your last two weeks? (if there's such a thing there). I think you'd be perfectly justified in doing so. Something adverse has happened in your work place, someone has displayed anger and hostility towards you for no reason at all, someone who's left his employment there and is obviously bitter and unable to see his own professional shortcomings. That person has ready access to weapons. If I were your Director and I had the ability to do so, I'd sign you off for two weeks without blinking.

I like your idea of trying to relax and forget about it for the weekend. Maybe have a good think on Sunday night about what you can do. Until then, try not to let the f***er spoil your weekend. xx
Old Dec 7th 2019, 4:37 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
That is the abusive personality in a nutshell.

It's good that the company is worried. Consider demanding that your last two weeks are off, with full pay and no loss of benefits.
Our posts were nearly a 'snap'. Maybe more a sna. Or a nap. I think I'll shut up now.
Old Dec 7th 2019, 5:10 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse View Post
Just a thought because I don't know the employment law there, but can you go on stress leave for your last two weeks? (if there's such a thing there). I think you'd be perfectly justified in doing so. Something adverse has happened in your work place, someone has displayed anger and hostility towards you for no reason at all, someone who's left his employment there and is obviously bitter and unable to see his own professional shortcomings. That person has ready access to weapons. If I were your Director and I had the ability to do so, I'd sign you off for two weeks without blinking.

I like your idea of trying to relax and forget about it for the weekend. Maybe have a good think on Sunday night about what you can do. Until then, try not to let the f***er spoil your weekend. xx
That’s what I was thinking. I would make an appointment to see my doctor.
Old Dec 7th 2019, 7:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Jsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond repute

If you can leave early and have the ability to do so, I would. Maybe I am superstitious but I wouldn't stick the 2 weeks out at this point. The guy sounds like a loose cannon and whatever it is that is bothering him who knows what it might fester into. Might be nothing, but its your retirement, leave early and enjoy sleeping in.

Old Dec 7th 2019, 7:58 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

The other option is to have your meeting on Tuesday, see what their take is, and..... raise the prospect of you coming in until, say, the end of January on a contract basis at about 1.5x your normal salary to train your replacement. That's a nice little holiday paid for, and with a cop on site at work you're probably as safe there as anywhere. There's a chance the guy that quit now realises just what a stupid mistake he made and has no ill intentions at all.
Old Dec 7th 2019, 8:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Annetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, can't help here but Take Care Of Yourself !
Old Dec 8th 2019, 5:21 am
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

Is it worth it with two weeks left?

Can we just have a whip round and give you the cash instead?

Sod putting yourself in those situations when you're so close to playing golf for the rest of your life retirement.
Old Dec 8th 2019, 9:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Jsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond repute

Family. Not mine but family hurting family, makes no sense to me.
Old Dec 8th 2019, 9:09 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
Is it worth it with two weeks left?

Can we just have a whip round and give you the cash instead?

Sod putting yourself in those situations when you're so close to playing golf for the rest of your life retirement.

It won't be golf. It'll be

Old Dec 8th 2019, 9:19 pm
Somewhere

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

If it doesn't hurt your retirement date , take the two weeks and use them to unwind a bit. Stuff work and the mad bloke. You really really don't need the angst.
Old Dec 9th 2019, 4:44 am

Sugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that Lion, you made my day

The plan right now is to go into work at some point tomorrow. I have a body scan scheduled first thing so I will be starting later than normal. M is taking me and picking me back up which means my car will not be outside the Lab.

I appreciate everyone's thoughts and advice. I'm hoping the Director will officially promote my responsible analyst to my position, convince our part timer to work full time and to look for someone else quickly!! I am still retiring officially on the 20th and hoping between now and then not to work too many days. I have comp hours to use up and sick time and I have a more than willing chauffeur/ bodyguard for the hours I will work.

I also hope that there will be some changes to our security. It's something I have requested for a long time and it will be discussed again at my meeting with HR

Again thanks guys, you are great!
Old Dec 9th 2019, 5:51 am
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

Boner alert.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.