Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

What has p*ssed you off today...part II

What has p*ssed you off today...part II

Old Dec 6th 2019, 1:11 pm
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What has p*ssed you off today...part II

I'm having an ebay order delivered to a friend with a shop in the nearest town, after my last order disappeared into the ether thanks to the Spanish carrier.

According to ebay, it will be delivered today, so I'll check when I go for a haircut.

Let's see if this works.......
Old Dec 6th 2019, 1:15 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zoe Bell View Post
snow clearance.
The people who do the rogers centre and environs having no effing clue.
they randomly cordon off areas so you get half way up one set of stairs and realize that they haven't cleared any further. and in fact have taped it off so you have no where to go but back down
ditto on the other side.
So how the eff am i actually meant to get around the stupid stadium?

luckily i carry a knife in my screwdriver set in my bag, so i have , without remorse, sliced through all their hazard tape so people can at least get past
Snow clearance here beggars belief. On Queens Quay guess where the snow is cleared first? The bike track!!! Then the road and sod the pavement. I presume it’s much the same for other roads around the city.
Old Dec 6th 2019, 6:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Jsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond repute

My orders get to the its been shipped stsge but never arrive and tracking never updates again.

The customer service people just repeat their script wait 2 more days.

Originally Posted by mikelincs View Post
I bad a bit of a worry with my last order, used Prime for next day, got e mail to say it would be deliverd Weds, then another to say Thurs, so wasn't sure if I would get it weds or Thurs or even if I would get it twice, they only took one lot of money, and I got it Weds, so no problems, but a bit of a concrn.
Old Dec 7th 2019, 3:05 am

Sugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond repute

2 weeks until retirement date and one of my analysts quit at noon today.
Very strange situation. He wasn't the easiest guy to work with and I almost fired him about 2 years ago because of his lack of responsibility and time keeping but he had improved a lot in the last year. I had just done an annual evaluation on him and in 4 years it was better than the previous ones. He is qualified and experienced enough to apply for my job and so is my other analyst. When I told them I was retiring he showed no interest in applying and even told me he wouldn't want my job. My other analyst did want to apply and as soon as I officially gave notice two weeks ago he told the Health Director he was interested in the Technical Manager position. So now the the "quitter" decides he will apply as well and is convinced he will get the job as he has more science hours on his degree. On Wednesday the Director told me she would interview them on Friday (today) and asked me to help prepare interview questions and to also be part of the interviewing. I spent some time meeting with her and came back to my office right before the end of the work day on Wednesday. For some unknown reason the quitter seemed to think I gave the other analyst the interview questions and early on Thursday morning he went to HR complaining about me and the other analyst. I was not at work on Thursday so I wasn't aware of what was happening but at lunchtime the Director called me and told me. She explained to him that I didn't have the questions, she had them and no one had seen them.

When I got to work today I acted completely normally and didn't even mention that I knew what he had done. I chatted to him and worked with him on a project. His interview was at 2pm, he came to work in jeans and a t-shirt which seemed a bit odd. Just before 12 he went outside for what i thought was a smoke break. He came back in and i was busy in my office so didn't notice he was emptying his desk into a box. Then the Director walked in the door asked for his keys and badge and she told me he had just told her he was quitting. I asked him why he didn't tell me and he said " why should i" I said because I'm your boss and he said " you ain't my boss now" and with that he slammed out the door. It was unreal! It was also very scary.

So now my one full time analyst will probably be promoted to my position ( and he deserves it) but he will have no other full time help once I have retired. We have a certified Lab tech that helps out when we have emergencies but she doesn't want a full time position. It is a mess. And I really didn't want this right now. HR want to talk to me on Tuesday. I'm sure it is about his crazy accusations. I'm just done with it all. Whatever happens December 20th is my last day!

Last edited by Sugarmooma; Dec 7th 2019 at 3:07 am.
Old Dec 7th 2019, 3:32 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma View Post
2 weeks until retirement date and one of my analysts quit at noon today.
Very strange situation. He wasn't the easiest guy to work with and I almost fired him about 2 years ago because of his lack of responsibility and time keeping but he had improved a lot in the last year. I had just done an annual evaluation on him and in 4 years it was better than the previous ones. He is qualified and experienced enough to apply for my job and so is my other analyst. When I told them I was retiring he showed no interest in applying and even told me he wouldn't want my job. My other analyst did want to apply and as soon as I officially gave notice two weeks ago he told the Health Director he was interested in the Technical Manager position. So now the the "quitter" decides he will apply as well and is convinced he will get the job as he has more science hours on his degree. On Wednesday the Director told me she would interview them on Friday (today) and asked me to help prepare interview questions and to also be part of the interviewing. I spent some time meeting with her and came back to my office right before the end of the work day on Wednesday. For some unknown reason the quitter seemed to think I gave the other analyst the interview questions and early on Thursday morning he went to HR complaining about me and the other analyst. I was not at work on Thursday so I wasn't aware of what was happening but at lunchtime the Director called me and told me. She explained to him that I didn't have the questions, she had them and no one had seen them.

When I got to work today I acted completely normally and didn't even mention that I knew what he had done. I chatted to him and worked with him on a project. His interview was at 2pm, he came to work in jeans and a t-shirt which seemed a bit odd. Just before 12 he went outside for what i thought was a smoke break. He came back in and i was busy in my office so didn't notice he was emptying his desk into a box. Then the Director walked in the door asked for his keys and badge and she told me he had just told her he was quitting. I asked him why he didn't tell me and he said " why should i" I said because I'm your boss and he said " you ain't my boss now" and with that he slammed out the door. It was unreal! It was also very scary.

So now my one full time analyst will probably be promoted to my position ( and he deserves it) but he will have no other full time help once I have retired. We have a certified Lab tech that helps out when we have emergencies but she doesn't want a full time position. It is a mess. And I really didn't want this right now. HR want to talk to me on Tuesday. I'm sure it is about his crazy accusations. I'm just done with it all. Whatever happens December 20th is my last day!
Bit of a bummer going out with aggro but from what you've said in the past it's SNAFU.
Old Dec 7th 2019, 4:10 am

Sugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 View Post
Bit of a bummer going out with aggro but from what you've said in the past it's SNAFU.
It felt like he was trying to jeopardise my retirement because he knew he had no chance of promotion. The scary thing is he has a gun in his truck and plenty of knives ( he makes knives, or at least attempts to!) It really freaked out the Director the way he was acting so all locks on the two buildings were changed this afternoon.
Old Dec 7th 2019, 4:17 am
Somewhere

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

It felt like he was trying to jeopardise my retirement because he knew he had no chance of promotion. The scary thing is he has a gun in his truck and plenty of knives ( he makes knives, or at least attempts to!) It really freaked out the Director the way he was acting so all locks on the two buildings were changed this afternoon.
OMG

Old Dec 7th 2019, 5:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Jsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond repute

I am starting to wonder if Amazon is having issues.

They are getting worse and can't seem to keep up anymore. 2nd order in a row that didn't arrive, no idea where it is, its never been scanned by Canada Post, Amazon just says wait until Wed then contact us again. It was ordered a week ago, so nearly 2 weeks to arrive if it actually arrives next week.

I think it's time to cancel Prime, what use is it to have if its taking almost 2 weeks to receive items.

I would go to a store and just things but most of what I order can't be bought locally.
Old Dec 7th 2019, 5:19 am
Finally mesh free!

Vitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS View Post
OMG
I'll second that

Great that you are getting out of there shortly. Have you got any Annual Leave that you can take to get out slightly earlier?
Can you report your concerns to the local police dept., so they can keep an eye on him? It seems crazy even writing that but given the country you live in!!!!!!!
Old Dec 7th 2019, 9:15 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

He does sound like a very bitter and ego-driven person. Not the type of person you want to focus their attention on you. I'm glad work changed the locks. I'll be even more glad when you're out of that place.
Take extra precautions in your last 2 weeks mate. Even if you feel a bit silly, do it. Swap cars with someone. Vary your arrival and departure times. As already said, voice your concerns to your local cops. And most definitely voice your concerns to HR, and charge them with keeping you safe in your workplace.
Old Dec 7th 2019, 10:38 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse View Post
He does sound like a very bitter and ego-driven person. Not the type of person you want to focus their attention on you. I'm glad work changed the locks. I'll be even more glad when you're out of that place.
Take extra precautions in your last 2 weeks mate. Even if you feel a bit silly, do it. Swap cars with someone. Vary your arrival and departure times. As already said, voice your concerns to your local cops. And most definitely voice your concerns to HR, and charge them with keeping you safe in your workplace.
I totally agree with Spouse, take all precautions and just keep safe..
Old Dec 7th 2019, 11:05 am
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

...... and breathe! Walk away..... you will soon realise that these issues are an infringement on your life, not part of it. Have no self-doubt about decisions or actions - your way of being has stood you in good stead until now and it sounds as if Mr.Happy would never be satisfied... or worse, might have totally destroyed the job you built up. It's annoying that these things happen to wreck a well-built plan, but that's life, put it to one side and concentrate on what you need for you.

The one thing I can't factor in to my advice is the part about access to weapons, etc. I'm sorry, I cannot imagine being in a position where my personal well-being and/or that of others around me, is mortally threatened by someone with a grudge. I cannot imagine living in such a situation - it's just not normal, here at least.
Old Dec 7th 2019, 12:19 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

OMG SM that is awful. Reading your previous post, that’s the first thing that came into my mind. You should not have to be worried about things such things. The right to bear arms...great eh?
Old Dec 7th 2019, 1:43 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Gah. OK, as said, tell the local cops. And/or have the Director tell them. There's nothing like having a patrol car parked outside your work for a few days to let a lunatic know that it's not a good target.

You can't screw around with that sort of thing in this country. I'm not an alarmist and not in general frightened of walking around this country - I've lived and worked in some desperately poor and struggling areas, full of gangs and weapons as well as just normal people, but lunatics with a grudge are something else. It's probably nothing, but with the number of weapons around and people willing to use them it's best to be careful in a situation like this.
Old Dec 7th 2019, 3:45 pm

As I work for the County anytime we feel we need security we get a County Sheriff's officer with us. It often happens unfortunately in the Health department building next to us. So starting Monday we will have one of them .

I'm still trying to get my head around the whole situation. The sudden anger, hostility and the mean ugly remarks. It was like a totally different person.

I am thinking it over this weekend if I want to go back or just leave now. It really did scare me and seeing how my Director reacted as well ( I've mentioned her before. She is hard as nails) I just need to put it in perspective. If this happened in almost any other country I might not be so freaked out but the gun thing is just scary, especially when you know the person that is acting crazy has a weapon.

Trying to relax today and concentrate on other things. Thanks for letting me rant and get this off my chest guys. You're a great bunch!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.