Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

What has p*ssed you off today...part II

What has p*ssed you off today...part II

Old Dec 3rd 2019, 5:28 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What has p*ssed you off today...part II

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
So excuse my ignorance because I had no idea who that was, but a reverse image search tells me it's the same actress who played the woman Alex beat to death with a giant sculpture of a cock in A Clockwork Orange. So there you go.
Yep.

Miriam Karlin
...became famous in the early 1960s as Paddy, the militant shop steward of a London clothing firm in the BBC television comedy series The Rag Trade. As Paddy, who was always willing to signal a strike with a whistle and her catchphrase "Everybody out!"
Old Dec 3rd 2019, 5:34 pm
Hail Satan!

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse View Post
One hasn't seen that movie, and after reading your post one is rather glad of that fact.
I mean, it's not a graphic beating or anything. And it's a stylized cock as well, but you know what it is even though it's not hyper realistic.

All you really see is him holding the sculpture over his head and then it cuts away. You only find out later that she died. But her character swears like a sailor though, it's quite funny before the whole business of being hit upside the head with a big knob.
Old Dec 3rd 2019, 6:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute

I mean, it's not a graphic beating or anything. And it's a stylized cock as well, but you know what it is even though it's not hyper realistic.
All you really see is him holding the sculpture over his head and then it cuts away. You only find out later that she died. But her character swears like a sailor though, it's quite funny before the whole business of being hit upside the head with a big knob.
.. It's not exactly the height of movie excellence though SOS.
But at least it doesn't approach the sado/ sicko types Hollywood's produced.
Old Dec 3rd 2019, 7:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 007Steve View Post
The music was excellent...... Thieving Magpie, Beethoven's Ninth, Purcell........ OK, plus singing in the rain and "I want to marry a lighthouse keeper".
Nadsat was the first Klingon..... it was horrorshow and all the droogs would use it......
Old Dec 3rd 2019, 7:36 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 007Steve View Post
Andy Warhol purchased movie rights to Clockwork Orange from Burgess and made Vinyl in 1965, and it was effing terrible. I walked out late in the movie (I walked out on every Warhol film except for Bad, and sat through that only because it was so horrific I was riveted to my seat). At one point during the filming of Vinyl, Warhol walked out of the studio and went for a hamburger, leaving the camera running. His star Ondine came along with the film festival it was in (early 80's) to comment, and he stayed at my friend's house. Afterward my friend said he wouldn't have him again. This is relevant to "sado/sicko types". The Kubrick Clockwork Orange was very good; an imaginative guess at what could go wrong in the future and imo an important film in the same way as 1984, Fahrenheit 451, Omega Man, etc.
Old Dec 3rd 2019, 7:49 pm
BE Site Lead & Admin

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
What???

No wonder Nutek left the site

We need to close the site down until Nutek agrees to come back. Sucks around here without him posting.

I did put a call out in The Lounge. Perhaps it needs to be louder.

Old Dec 3rd 2019, 7:54 pm
Hail Satan!

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

If he's still looking at the site, he'll have seen it. I think I can understand why he might not feel like posting anymore but we can still let him know he's missed.
Old Dec 3rd 2019, 7:58 pm
BE Site Lead & Admin

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

but we can still let him know he's missed.
That's the idea . Many posts of cake and care may draw him . He's BE family
Old Dec 3rd 2019, 10:06 pm
Newlywed

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by macliam View Post

QED
One I sold last week. It's traditional dark fruitcake with homemade marzipan and royal icing.
Old Dec 3rd 2019, 10:38 pm
European

BuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy View Post
One I sold last week. It's traditional dark fruitcake with homemade marzipan and royal icing.
That looks absolutely gorgeous!

But wrong thread for our "currant" need, mayhap.
Old Dec 4th 2019, 4:10 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy View Post
Picture perfect Dorothy, you're so talented
Old Dec 4th 2019, 5:10 am
Finally mesh free!

Vitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse View Post
That's a lovely offer, but could you please exchange the nail file for a couple of cans of gin and lemon

Consider it done.
Old Dec 4th 2019, 5:22 am
Finally mesh free!

Vitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by macliam View Post
I love Coffee and Walnut, because SWMBO eats the cake and leaves the Icing........ my waistline does not agree.
Oh I love coffee and walnut cake, I love the smell of coffee but can't drink it as it has a very bad effect on two of my organs beginning with B!!!

I don't like too much icing on a cake, it detracts from the CAKE . I love a Victoria sponge and a chocolate cake. I'll eat a carrot cake but why stick vegetables in a cake if you don't need to , I mean cake should always be unhealthy. That's the whole point of cake
Old Dec 4th 2019, 7:11 am
SUPER MODERATOR

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

People. Honest to god, people seriously piss me off.
Old Dec 4th 2019, 8:26 am
BE Enthusiast

el collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: What has p*ssed you off today...part II

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 View Post
People. Honest to god, people seriously piss me off.
Yes i agree monney penny, but cats give me karma,that's why we have them around all the time

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.