Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

What has p*ssed you off today...part II

What has p*ssed you off today...part II

Old Dec 2nd 2019, 4:03 pm
Democracy advocate

Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What has p*ssed you off today...part II

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl View Post
$1K sounds like an absolute bargain.
It was all the work getting property and pension valuations etc etc, but yes, not terminal at $1K, but for zero US tax liability it seemed painful.
Old Dec 2nd 2019, 5:12 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse View Post
Doing ATO tax returns (late!), split tax year between UK and Australia, rental income in the UK that we've already paid UK tax on, accountant has no clue re the double taxation agreement AARRRRGGGHHHHHHHHH.
Do you not have on-line tax thingies that ask you questions and pretty much do it for you?

The ones I used - all free - coped with UK income, pension splitting, rental income, sale of rental property (with potential for capital gains tax) and the complications for the year's return in which my wife died when I had to muck about with pro-rata matters.

Admittedly I didn't have to do anything for double taxation - my pension was too small and not of those gold plated uk civil service pensions that everyone seems to think are paid - but I did look at the questions asked and it didn't look too hard compared to the other things.

Of course that's not the same as if I was actually doing it.
Old Dec 2nd 2019, 7:14 pm
BE Site Lead & Admin

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

Some bluddy woman in the village somewhere phoning me up at 6.45am to elicit free advice and free plumbing from MrBEVS. He's a prof tradesman for gawds sake. He was already on the road to work.
Could I get a message to him . Could I help re a new shower head. Could he just pop round. She didn't want to drive to town and buy a new one if he could get cheaper. She just didn't know what to do. Rambled away for ages as if I cared. Don't even know the bluddy cheapskate fool
Old Dec 3rd 2019, 4:55 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
Do you not have on-line tax thingies that ask you questions and pretty much do it for you?

The ones I used - all free - coped with UK income, pension splitting, rental income, sale of rental property (with potential for capital gains tax) and the complications for the year's return in which my wife died when I had to muck about with pro-rata matters.

Admittedly I didn't have to do anything for double taxation - my pension was too small and not of those gold plated uk civil service pensions that everyone seems to think are paid - but I did look at the questions asked and it didn't look too hard compared to the other things.

Of course that's not the same as if I was actually doing it.
The UK one was quite easy, it's the bloody ATO (Australian Tax Office) one that's doing my head in. But I'm getting there. If I suddenly stop posting you'll know I've messed it up and I'm in prison
Old Dec 3rd 2019, 5:48 am
Finally mesh free!

Vitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond repute

The UK one was quite easy, it's the bloody ATO (Australian Tax Office) one that's doing my head in. But I'm getting there. If I suddenly stop posting you'll know I've messed it up and I'm in prison
We'll write to you if you're in the clink and send you cake with a nail file inside
Old Dec 3rd 2019, 6:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Annetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond repute

Is there no internet in prison ?
Old Dec 3rd 2019, 7:07 am
BE Enthusiast

el collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: What has p*ssed you off today...part II

Prison cell block H.
Old Dec 3rd 2019, 7:11 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix View Post
We'll write to you if you're in the clink and send you cake with a nail file inside
That's a lovely offer, but could you please exchange the nail file for a couple of cans of gin and lemon?
Originally Posted by Annetje View Post
Is there no internet in prison ?
Now there's a thought, I don't really know Annetje. I'm pretty sure that prisoners wouldn't be allowed to have access in their cells, but there might be a room where they can have supervised access. I'll have to check, I like knowing stuff.

Originally Posted by el collado kid View Post
Prison cell block H.

Old Dec 3rd 2019, 9:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Ingles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cape Blue View Post
Run along little boy, the grown ups are speaking.
Typical supercilious reply
Old Dec 3rd 2019, 11:13 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by el collado kid View Post
Prison cell block H.
Well that's an easy escape, just push on the walls, they will all fall down, I mean they used to move in the TV programme.
Old Dec 3rd 2019, 1:34 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix View Post
It's not a nail file but the cake looks worth some jail time.

Old Dec 3rd 2019, 1:49 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
It's not a nail file but the cake looks worth some jail time.

I'd gladly settle for that cake, a bit of chocolate liqueur in the icing would be appreciated as well
Old Dec 3rd 2019, 2:47 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I'd gladly settle for that cake, a bit of chocolate liqueur in the icing would be appreciated as well
I’m not a cake person...unless it’s a small amount of cake and a huge amount of icing/cream/mousse etc. I usually scoff that and leave the cake.
Old Dec 3rd 2019, 2:50 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

I’m not a cake person....
What???

No wonder Nutek left the site
Old Dec 3rd 2019, 2:55 pm
Hail Satan!

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

I’m not a cake person...unless it’s a small amount of cake and a huge amount of icing/cream/mousse etc. I usually scoff that and leave the cake.

I always eat the cake part first, then leave the icing to be eaten last in all its glory.

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
What???

No wonder Nutek left the site
We need to close the site down until Nutek agrees to come back. Sucks around here without him posting.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.