Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

What has p*ssed you off today...part II

What has p*ssed you off today...part II

Old Nov 24th 2019, 5:24 pm
  #8926  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Jsmth321's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 24,832
Jsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What has p*ssed you off today...part II

I get the paying loans back, but seems they take a decent chunk.

BC will loan people on assistance and disability money for certain things, and it has to be repaid, but they only take $20 per month as repayment.

Jsmth321 is offline  
Old Nov 24th 2019, 5:50 pm
  #8927  
Oscar nominated
 
BristolUK's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: Moncton, NB, CANADA
Posts: 34,497
BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What has p*ssed you off today...part II

Originally Posted by Cape Blue View Post
So not "cut" really, just being asked to repay money they were lent in advance by the gov - sounds fair enough.
In large part because of money borrowed during the waiting period.

But the real point is to illustrate that millions of people are not receiving the levels of 'Bennies' you keep saying they are, no matter how often you say they are. This is the majority of the claims receiving less money than you keep saying, with a third receiving a fifth less than the normal amount.

And in your eyes you think food banks are used because someone's giving away freebies.
BristolUK is offline  
Old Nov 24th 2019, 5:59 pm
  #8928  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Jsmth321's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 24,832
Jsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What has p*ssed you off today...part II

I have been annoyed with this since the rules went into affect last year. Canada banned medications for aquarium fish sold over the counter requiring a vet prescription. Only problem there are few vets in Canada who even treat aquarium fish, so fish are dying of 100% treatable diseases because people cannot obtain the necessary medications anymore in Canada.

Government logic.
Jsmth321 is offline  
Old Nov 24th 2019, 6:00 pm
  #8929  
 
Lion in Winter's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2003
Location: City of Broad Shoulders
Posts: 57,107
Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What has p*ssed you off today...part II

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
In large part because of money borrowed during the waiting period.

But the real point is to illustrate that millions of people are not receiving the levels of 'Bennies' you keep saying they are, no matter how often you say they are. This is the majority of the claims receiving less money than you keep saying, with a third receiving a fifth less than the normal amount.

And in your eyes you think food banks are used because someone's giving away freebies.

I always thought "bennies" were amphetamines

#misspentyouth
Lion in Winter is offline  
Old Nov 24th 2019, 6:01 pm
  #8930  
Democracy advocate
 
Cape Blue's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 11,880
Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What has p*ssed you off today...part II

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
In large part because of money borrowed during the waiting period.

But the real point is to illustrate that millions of people are not receiving the levels of 'Bennies' you keep saying they are, no matter how often you say they are. This is the majority of the claims receiving less money than you keep saying, with a third receiving a fifth less than the normal amount.

And in your eyes you think food banks are used because someone's giving away freebies.
No, these people on bennies get paid all the claim, some in advance which they have to pay back when main payments start.

This is only for the short period of time they are paying back the advance.

Yes, free stuff will often be oversubscribed.
Cape Blue is offline  
Old Nov 24th 2019, 6:02 pm
  #8931  
 
Lion in Winter's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2003
Location: City of Broad Shoulders
Posts: 57,107
Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What has p*ssed you off today...part II

Originally Posted by Jsmth321 View Post
I have been annoyed with this since the rules went into affect last year. Canada banned medications for aquarium fish sold over the counter requiring a vet prescription. Only problem there are few vets in Canada who even treat aquarium fish, so fish are dying of 100% treatable diseases because people cannot obtain the necessary medications anymore in Canada.

Government logic.
Were people doing something untoward with fish meds?

Lion in Winter is offline  
Old Nov 24th 2019, 6:08 pm
  #8932  
SUPER MODERATOR
Thread Starter
 
Jerseygirl's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 82,982
Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What has p*ssed you off today...part II

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
Was he carrying your suitcases?

We have people do do that.
Jerseygirl is offline  
Old Nov 24th 2019, 6:27 pm
  #8933  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Jsmth321's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 24,832
Jsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What has p*ssed you off today...part II

the main purpose of the rules was to reduce medication use in live stock/farms, with aquarium hobby being affected by default because its a blanket type ban with no exceptions included.

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
Were people doing something untoward with fish meds?
Jsmth321 is offline  
Old Nov 24th 2019, 7:06 pm
  #8934  
Oscar nominated
 
BristolUK's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: Moncton, NB, CANADA
Posts: 34,497
BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What has p*ssed you off today...part II

Originally Posted by Cape Blue View Post
No, these people on bennies get paid all the claim, some in advance which they have to pay back when main payments start.
Well the alternative while they're waiting is what, living on nothing? You'd probably approve. Or maybe think then they had a case for food bank use.
This is only for the short period of time they are paying back the advance.
Well it's not as short as you think. But it's only a 'short' period for those particular individuals. What happens to the next set of new claimants faced with a long waiting period? As people leave the system they are replaced by new people joining the system.
Clearly it's something of an ongoing nature where most recipients are likely to be in the same boat. Not like you to fail to anticipate that so I can only assume you're deliberately misleading again.
BristolUK is offline  
Old Nov 24th 2019, 8:06 pm
  #8935  
Somewhere
 
BEVS's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2003
Location: Below
Posts: 35,687
BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What has p*ssed you off today...part II

Originally Posted by Jsmth321 View Post
I have been annoyed with this since the rules went into affect last year. Canada banned medications for aquarium fish sold over the counter requiring a vet prescription. Only problem there are few vets in Canada who even treat aquarium fish, so fish are dying of 100% treatable diseases because people cannot obtain the necessary medications anymore in Canada.

Government logic.
I hear you on this . One cannot buy certain avian meds over the counter. One has to take the bird to a vet to gain the prescription and then pay both the vet consult and the vet practice med prices when all that would be needed is a small bottle of the med. People that know their birds also know that transporting a sick or off colour bird will likely kill it . People that know their birds also know what can be done to aid a sick birds health.
BEVS is offline  
Old Nov 24th 2019, 9:59 pm
  #8936  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Jsmth321's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 24,832
Jsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What has p*ssed you off today...part II

It's pretty much the same in the fish world, and many of the medications were not typical land animal medication to begin with and not something a vet would likely even stock. It's created a black market in the hobby though. It wouldn't be as bad if there were actually vets who treated fish, but they are far and few, and same with fish, the worst thing to do with an ill fish is cause it stress by catching it and taking into a vet office.

Originally Posted by BEVS View Post
I hear you on this . One cannot buy certain avian meds over the counter. One has to take the bird to a vet to gain the prescription and then pay both the vet consult and the vet practice med prices when all that would be needed is a small bottle of the med. People that know their birds also know that transporting a sick or off colour bird will likely kill it . People that know their birds also know what can be done to aid a sick birds health.
Jsmth321 is offline  
Old Nov 24th 2019, 10:21 pm
  #8937  
idealist
 
stevenglish1's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 6,228
stevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What has p*ssed you off today...part II

I'm in trap 3 at the offices near Perth airport, too late I've noticed there's no big roll in the dispenser. Bugger
stevenglish1 is offline  
Old Nov 24th 2019, 10:27 pm
  #8938  
Somewhere
 
BEVS's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2003
Location: Below
Posts: 35,687
BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What has p*ssed you off today...part II

Originally Posted by stevenglish1 View Post
I'm in trap 3 at the offices near Perth airport, too late I've noticed there's no big roll in the dispenser. Bugger
Socks
BEVS is offline  
Old Nov 24th 2019, 10:29 pm
  #8939  
idealist
 
stevenglish1's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 6,228
stevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What has p*ssed you off today...part II

Originally Posted by BEVS View Post
Socks
Breast pocket of work shirt first, then socks
stevenglish1 is offline  
Old Nov 24th 2019, 10:32 pm
  #8940  
Concierge
 
spouse of scouse's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 16,277
spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What has p*ssed you off today...part II

Originally Posted by stevenglish1 View Post
I'm in trap 3 at the offices near Perth airport, too late I've noticed there's no big roll in the dispenser. Bugger
Nothing worse! Do blokes do what we do, say in a hesitant voice 'does anyone have some toilet paper they can pass under the door?'.

It's the sort of thing that's hilarious to everyone but the 'victim'
spouse of scouse is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.