Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

What has p*ssed you off today...part II

What has p*ssed you off today...part II

Old Nov 20th 2019, 7:03 pm
Banned

007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What has p*ssed you off today...part II

Originally Posted by joto View Post
Raining heavily here and the roof has a leak that is coming into the front bedroom. We have solar panels, and the people that put them up mustn't have sealed all the screw holes. Grrr.
.... ...In which case you may want to seriously think about insulating yourself before you throw that control cut-in switch next time.......
Old Nov 21st 2019, 2:34 pm
Doin' It Right

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Why the hell do Americans have to be so loud when they talk on the phone? If you're having a conversation two rooms away, I shouldn't be able to hear you as if you were sitting in my office.
Old Nov 21st 2019, 3:26 pm
Banned

007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
Why the hell do Americans have to be so loud when they talk on the phone? If you're having a conversation two rooms away, I shouldn't be able to hear you as if you were sitting in my office.
Ah!!! I can help you there SOS.
According to Bill, a Canadian subway engineer under whom we "Brit Scrotes" laboured for 12 months, he had to shout down all 'phone lines, close-up in people's faces, and over everyone in meetings, 'cos "It's the only way I can get the wax outta the ears & brains of an entire dumbf**k nation of British scrotes!!!"
He also swore that one day he'd take us all on a hunting in the Saskatchewan woodlands, as I recall....
Old Nov 21st 2019, 3:31 pm
Doin' It Right

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 007Steve View Post
Ah!!! I can help you there SOS.
According to Bill, a Canadian subway engineer under whom we "Brit Scrotes" laboured for 12 months, he had to shout down all 'phone lines, close-up in people's faces, and over everyone in meetings, 'cos "It's the only way I can get the wax outta the ears & brains of an entire dumbf**k nation of British scrotes!!!"
He also swore that one day he'd take us all on a hunting in the Saskatchewan woodlands, as I recall....
Bill sounds like an arsehole. I hope he never wipes properly on a hot day.
Old Nov 21st 2019, 4:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

sid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond repute

People here do not wear suits and do not strut about speaking into phones, because they don't need phones. Their natural speaking voice volume is so stupendous that they can have conversations over the air at great distances. I have heard neighbours having a conversation from their front yards 100 ft apart that I can clearly hear 100 yards down the road. I would love to have this gift, but you have to be born here to learn it. I can imagine them bellowing at Brian Blessed to Speak Up Man, And Stop Mumbling.

Old Nov 21st 2019, 4:35 pm
Doin' It Right

Originally Posted by sid nv View Post
People here do not wear suits and do not strut about speaking into phones, because they don't need phones. Their natural speaking voice volume is so stupendous that they can have conversations over the air at great distances. I have heard neighbours having a conversation from their front yards 100 ft apart that I can clearly hear 100 yards down the road. I would love to have this gift, but you have to be born here to learn it. I can imagine them bellowing at Brian Blessed to Speak Up Man, And Stop Mumbling.
I'm all for not wearing suits because suits are lame (also my work doesn't have a dress code which is even better) but I am never on board with being loud. Give me solitude, or at least blessed silence, or give me death.
Old Nov 21st 2019, 9:21 pm
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
My friend, you must never been in the presence of a Portuguese female "speaking" on the phone. It is well known that the telephone was not invented in Portugal because there was no need for it....... and no telephone in the country appears to have a volume control. Anyone who has had the experience might also lie to surmise why it takes several minutes to end a call, finally asking the listener's permission to do so.
Old Nov 21st 2019, 9:26 pm
Doin' It Right

Originally Posted by macliam View Post
My friend, you must never been in the presence of a Portuguese female "speaking" on the phone. It is well known that the telephone was not invented in Portugal because there was no need for it....... and no telephone in the country appears to have a volume control. Anyone who has had the experience might also lie to surmise why it takes several minutes to end a call, finally asking the listener's permission to do so.
Apparently not

Loud people in general bring out the worst in me. I'm trying to be nicer these days but they really challenge me.
Old Nov 21st 2019, 9:46 pm
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

Today I went for a CT scan as part of my post-operative follow-up. When I arrived, I was asked to sit in the waiting room until someone called me, which normally means a long wait as they usually have you disrobe in order to be canulised. But, this time, after just a few minutes a guy called my name and asked me to follow him. I should have noticed he was wearing a coat before he led me down the corridor and out into the carpark, where a mobile unit awaited........

He told me they were assisting the in-house CT department, due to the sheer number of people requiring scans - this in a department that already has 2 scanners. He also said they had been working 0730-1930 for the last few days..... largely as a result of the increased demand from the Government's decision to prioritise early diagnosis without either considering the extra workload this would cause, nor assigning extra resource. As so often in the NHS these days, he was an ex-nurse, now working for a private company to backfill shortages in NHS staffing and equipment. So NHS funds are being used to hire people they trained, now in the private sector, via private companies.....

But, of course, nobody is going to privatise the NHS........ because they don't need to, they can leave it as the whipping boy giving general care whilst private companies make their profits providing specific treatments. Remember this when you hear any of the weasel words being spoken during this election.....
Old Nov 21st 2019, 11:52 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by macliam View Post
...after just a few minutes a guy called my name and asked me to follow him. I should have noticed he was wearing a coat before he led me down the corridor and out into the carpark.....
I thought this was going to be one of those things leading to a discussion on property prices on the moon or something...
From 21 mins

Old Nov 22nd 2019, 2:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Jsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond repute

One word: Purolator
Old Nov 22nd 2019, 4:34 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321 View Post
One word: Purolator
Sounds like an elevator for cats.
Old Nov 22nd 2019, 5:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Jsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond repute

Ha ha never thought of it that way.

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse View Post
Old Nov 22nd 2019, 7:31 am
idealist

stevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond repute

Work have given me a car to use over the weekend, sounds great but I now have to wait til some bloke has washed and detailed it. I was gonna hit the piss by 4, now it looks more like gone 6. Far out.
Old Nov 22nd 2019, 11:27 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse View Post
Don't talk to me about cats Drives me up the bloody wall. Every morning - meeoow, meeoow - let him out because that's what he wants, get his food ready for when he wants back in, let him back in, eats food, bloody meeeeooooooowing again, back out, back in...

I used to enjoy my mornings, in the quiet, up before everyone else.

Maybe I need another look at

One of my favourites

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.