Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

What has p*ssed you off today...part II

What has p*ssed you off today...part II

Old Sep 14th 2016, 9:21 am
Newlywed

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What has p*ssed you off today...part II

Originally Posted by GeniB View Post
The Great British bake off being sold off to the highest bidder! some 'scuzz' company who will inevitable destroy it. the BBC is constantly being accused of being biased etc etc.Why can't the numpties see..It's these other companies who are biased. who pay the piper.

As a favourtie blogger has just said. 'it reminds her of the 80's when Thatcher smashed the unions..Well where are we now Great Britain..? Just think about that for a minute..
For goodness sake! It's a baking competition, not the downfall of the Empire
Old Sep 14th 2016, 1:36 pm
Grove 4 Life

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy View Post
After the Empire fell, baking competitions were all that was left to hold on too. Probably.
Old Sep 14th 2016, 1:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond repute

Never watched it (I'm proud to say).
Old Sep 14th 2016, 1:55 pm
Grove 4 Life

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pica View Post
Never watched it (I'm proud to say).

I have been in a room where it was on in the background, but that was about it. I wanted to watch Top Gear, but my sister got the remote first. Meh.
Old Sep 14th 2016, 2:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute

Dorothy...I will say this only once... CAKE is of the utmost importance in this sad sad world.. Especially if it is presented by the blue eyed god who is Paul Hollywood..You are seriously mislead if you think otherwise.
Old Sep 14th 2016, 2:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
After the Empire fell, baking competitions were all that was left to hold on too. Probably.

Not probable Sultan!! They were the essential building blocks that made the loss bearable.Personally I watch when deeply bored by yet another b****y game of snooker on the box.. I am more interested in the hint of sexual vibe between Hollywood and Mary Berry.. who knew.. there's hope for older ladies yet.-
Old Sep 14th 2016, 2:27 pm
Grove 4 Life

Not probable Sultan!! They were the essential building blocks that made the loss bearable.Personally I watch when deeply bored by yet another b****y game of snooker on the box.. I am more interested in the hint of sexual vibe between Hollywood and Mary Berry.. who knew.. there's hope for older ladies yet.-
Blegh. I hated it, myself. I'll take the snooker any day.
Old Sep 14th 2016, 9:28 pm
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

I love GBBO. But from the comments from UK friends on FB yesterday, you would think it was the end of the world.

One of them said that having adverts would ruin it. Well, when it's shown here in Australia, it has adverts and no, it doesn't ruin it. (At least it has natural spots for an ad break... I've seen adverts shoved in the middle of scenes in some BBC dramas which really does ruin the moment, lol)

It'll still be the same production company producing it, just a different channel airing it. It's a shame that Mel and Sue are leaving, because (especially after watching the Aussie made version) good presenters can really make a difference.

But jeez.
Old Sep 14th 2016, 9:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Blegh. I hated it, myself. I'll take the snooker any day.
I wouldn't' expect you to say anything less! Spoken like a true male of the genus. snookeri
Old Sep 14th 2016, 10:04 pm
Grove 4 Life

I wouldn't' expect you to say anything less! Spoken like a true male of the genus. snookeri
I like snooker. It was only on TV four times a year as far as I remember anyway. Spring wasn't spring without the Embassy.
Old Sep 14th 2016, 11:50 pm

Sugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond repute

I decided this year to cut back on my flowerbeds and shrub beds because of lack of time, busy at work,not wanting to fight the heat and mosquitoes and quite honestly because I am not as energetic as I was. We made a big difference by adding decking and making the beds smaller and easier to take care of.

A neighbour stopped by and said how she missed seeing all my pretty flowers and I told her why. She looked at me and said " well I manage ok, can't believe you give in so easy"

Well lady, you are 7 years younger than me, you have never worked outside the home all of your married life, you have half the amount of land we have...plus you have a yard guy!

Another one off the Christmas Card list
Old Sep 15th 2016, 12:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

Another job rejection
Old Sep 15th 2016, 1:16 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zoe Bell View Post
Another job rejection
Sorry. It's just a numbers game though. It's always no until suddenly it's yes.
Old Sep 15th 2016, 1:41 am
Finally mesh free!

Vitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond repute

I like snooker. It was only on TV four times a year as far as I remember anyway. Spring wasn't spring without the Embassy.
Snooker was never the same for me once we had a colour TV .
Old Sep 15th 2016, 1:43 am
Finally mesh free!

Vitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zoe Bell View Post
Another job rejection
Bummer. Life sucks sometimes. Hope you get a big, fat YES very soon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.