Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

What has p*ssed you off today...part II

What has p*ssed you off today...part II

Old Oct 31st 2019, 2:45 am
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What has p*ssed you off today...part II

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
My first computing ventures were on this. It involved a lot of discs and used to say "fatal error" a lot on the screen.

5.25" floppy disks...... and a Z80 processor ...... pleeeease!

What was life without the joy of segs dropping out of your punched cards and invalidating a whole batch run?
Where was the ecstacy of the overnight wait to find out your job had failed....... again?
What did you fill your day with if you didn't have to decipher hexadecimal dumps?

Thank the lord that I only had that for a year before I was selected for my NCC Systems Analyst training, became one of the first Analyst-Programmers in the company and moved on to the giddy heights of SBC work (CASU Super-C .... again Z80 based, but with 8" floppies...... and even a 20+20Mb hard disk unit a bit later on), CP/M and CIS COBOL!!

Last edited by macliam; Oct 31st 2019 at 3:03 am.
Old Oct 31st 2019, 2:48 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by macliam View Post
Ah, memories. The the first iteration of AMD in computing......... The IBM 4300 series mini computers were sold as not requiring A/C - but they did provide AMDs (Air Moving Devices) to help with cooling.......
How did they ever manage to defend us from invaders?

Old Oct 31st 2019, 2:50 am

Sugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond repute

I went to my GP yesterday to arrange some blood tests and "check in" after my time away.

All OK, he took my BP ..... and then suggested I have a Flu jab "as you're now eligible"

So I agreed and he stuck the disposable into my shoulder. No problem.

That was at 0845 - it's now 0100 and my upper arm feels like a horse kicked it
We did the same today. I had the flu jab and M had the flu and pneumonia jabs.
He is fine. My arm is on fire and I think your horse kicked me as well!
He says I'm a big woosie
Old Oct 31st 2019, 2:52 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

...suggested I have a Flu jab "as you're now eligible"

So I agreed and he stuck the disposable into my shoulder. No problem.

That was at 0845 - it's now 0100 and my upper arm feels like a horse kicked it
I had pneumonia and flu jabs, one in each arm. Mild soreness if I press - so don't press! - and that's it. My stepdaughter suffers for more than 24 hours within minutes

Old Oct 31st 2019, 3:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Jsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond repute

Annoyed at my body, I wanted to go out yesterday and today, but my body had other plans. Maybe tomorrow. Trying to get out before rains return, its been such a nice sunny week.
Old Oct 31st 2019, 3:28 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

5.25" floppy disks...... and a Z80 processor ...... pleeeease!

What was life without the joy of segs dropping out of your punched cards and invalidating a whole batch run?
Where was the ecstacy of the overnight wait to find out your job had failed....... again?
What did you fill your day with if you didn't have to decipher hexadecimal dumps?

Thank the lord that I only had that for a year before I was selected for my NCC Systems Analyst training, became one of the first Analyst-Programmers in the company and moved on to the giddy heights of SBC work (CASU Super-C .... again Z80 based, but with 8" floppies...... and even a 20+20Mb hard disk unit a bit later on), CP/M and CIS COBOL!!
From your strange language, I deduce you are from some other planet. I would take you to our leader, but we don't seem to have one just at the moment.
Old Oct 31st 2019, 3:49 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

From your strange language, I deduce you are from some other planet. I would take you to our leader, but we don't seem to have one just at the moment.
A large tumbler of cooking sherry needed after reading his post.
Old Oct 31st 2019, 4:08 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse View Post
A large tumbler of cooking sherry needed after reading his post.
Always.

Although tonight I pushed the boat out and had a glass of wine.
Old Oct 31st 2019, 4:08 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Always.

Get you, posh bird!
Old Oct 31st 2019, 4:23 am

Get you, posh bird!

Old Oct 31st 2019, 4:30 am
Somewhere

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

Always.

Get you, posh bird!
That is posh.

Glass? One?
Old Oct 31st 2019, 5:14 am
Concierge

at the photo LiW. A Mrs Bucket (Bouquet, Bouquet!) you could never be.
Old Oct 31st 2019, 6:08 am
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
If someone walks in on you having a wank, just keep going. If you stop, then they caught you wanking, but if you keep going then they're they perv who was watching you wank.

5D chess.
Mind. Blown.

That reminds me. My boss recently started using the expression "our go-forward plan". Wtf? What other directions do plans go in anyway?
MOBILITY. DIVERSITY.

Working for a construction business, these two are the hottest words are being shouted in our HR arena (non stop) at the moment. Yet not one single ****er can articulate what's behind them, the aim, the plan, the dream, the substance, nothing. "What do you mean by mobility/diversity?" STUMPED.
Old Oct 31st 2019, 9:08 am
Democracy advocate

Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
How did they ever manage to defend us from invaders?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CvURidpkCY
Absolutely loved that show.
Old Oct 31st 2019, 9:11 am
Democracy advocate

Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
Mind. Blown.

MOBILITY. DIVERSITY.

Working for a construction business, these two are the hottest words are being shouted in our HR arena (non stop) at the moment. Yet not one single ****er can articulate what's behind them, the aim, the plan, the dream, the substance, nothing. "What do you mean by mobility/diversity?" STUMPED.
In my experience it meant HR pressure to recruit the second best candidate for a job as they got us some diversity points.

Not sure about the mobility bit - does that mean a few ramps for wheelchairs?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.