Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

What has p*ssed you off today...part II

What has p*ssed you off today...part II

Old Sep 27th 2019, 4:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What has p*ssed you off today...part II

Almost everything decided to die yesterday... The light in the guest bathroom exploded,The microwave died. My OH decided the best way to push mashed cauliflower down in the brand new glass blender, on my brand new Kenwood chef ..was to stab it with a potato masher ..whilst it was rotating ( and he's an engineer) The noise was quite loud, as the entire side of the jug exploded.
Off course the jug is not in stock at out local Wortons.. and online it says its discontinued ( the only item in the list that is )
My kindle died in May ,I ordered a new one from Amazon.after several emails saying they were 'trying to deliver it'? I took the option to cancel I ordered again in July ,this time from the UK.. After three emails saying They were 'trying to deliver it ' I have a strong suspicion that they are just lying B*****s and never had it in stock ,anywhere, ever. They did send me the now pretty useless plug though I'm hooked though and will leave this order until THEY cancel it
The good news is my old Kindle sprang back to life last week. Do they go dormant in the summer ?. The bad news is it won't connect to the kindle store anymore ,so no more new books. I tried complaining on the truly awful Amazon help page..Only to be told they couldn't help me!! and to ring a number that looked suspiciously like an 0800 number ,which of course I can't use in Portugal.

I can quite see why people set fire to things.. or randomly kick cats.
Old Sep 27th 2019, 7:58 am
Banned

007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GeniB View Post
Almost everything decided to die yesterday... The light in the guest bathroom exploded,The microwave died. My OH decided the best way to push mashed cauliflower down in the brand new glass blender, on my brand new Kenwood chef ..was to stab it with a potato masher ..whilst it was rotating ( and he's an engineer) The noise was quite loud, as the entire side of the jug exploded.
Off course the jug is not in stock at out local Wortons.. and online it says its discontinued ( the only item in the list that is )
My kindle died in May ,I ordered a new one from Amazon.after several emails saying they were 'trying to deliver it'? I took the option to cancel I ordered again in July ,this time from the UK.. After three emails saying They were 'trying to deliver it ' I have a strong suspicion that they are just lying B*****s and never had it in stock ,anywhere, ever. They did send me the now pretty useless plug though I'm hooked though and will leave this order until THEY cancel it
The good news is my old Kindle sprang back to life last week. Do they go dormant in the summer ?. The bad news is it won't connect to the kindle store anymore ,so no more new books. I tried complaining on the truly awful Amazon help page..Only to be told they couldn't help me!! and to ring a number that looked suspiciously like an 0800 number ,which of course I can't use in Portugal.
Ah, but cheer-up Geni, because there is the upside. That was only one day of many when things went right. In the UK after 31/10, it'll be like that every day. Imagine what they'll be like next February. Beast from the East freezing for weeks on end, deep snows, no fresh food, medicines and fuel shortages while their media tells them it's all going wonderfully. ...... Now put those matches down & stroke the cat ...
Old Sep 27th 2019, 8:12 am
BE Forum Addict

el collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: What has p*ssed you off today...part II

Hi GeinB. there is an official kenwood spares site which delivers to your door in spain not bad postage, they have most parts in stock and deliver within a few day,s
Old Sep 27th 2019, 8:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
Damn, Johnny had some balls.

Luckily I was able to avoid getting caned in school, they outlawed corporal punishment in 1986, 2 years after I started primary school. I did see one kid get caned in front of us at home time once, shit was not fun to watch at all.
At my UK junior school physical punishment 'hitting' by teachers was the norm--Poor D.H. couldn't do his 'sums', had to stand at teachers desk and have his legs slapped every time he answered. She broke his finger slamming a desk lid on it. I went home with hand marks on thigh ----"must have deserved it" said my mother!
One great moment, teacher standing on a desk to put up Christmas decorations; by lying flat on our desks we could see her directoire knickers!!!

Old Sep 27th 2019, 8:52 am
Dedicated European

Expatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond repute

First of my intake (aged 8) to qualify for the cane - proud of that!
Old Sep 27th 2019, 1:48 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Our Geography teacher had a big T-Square that he called Gladys. He had it written along the length.

Occasionally someone had to go up the front to meet Gladys and bend over. It wasn't a spank though, more a ceremonial tap. But it wasn't something you wanted to do.
Old Sep 27th 2019, 2:11 pm
Preparing to move again

Annetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry !!!

But you basically described my year so far.
Just this week I had my laptop dying on me, I had to restore the whole thing, reload programmes, and now windows is messed up ...
After that, the transmitter / receiver I have between Sky box (for the free channels) and TV broke down. I just ordered new ones.
And just now someone wants to buy my house but for 30.000 E less than asking price (and this is just after I reduced the price with 60.000 E already).
Not sure whether to cry or smile ...
Old Sep 27th 2019, 2:58 pm
Doin' It Right

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bipat View Post
At my UK junior school physical punishment 'hitting' by teachers was the norm--Poor D.H. couldn't do his 'sums', had to stand at teachers desk and have his legs slapped every time he answered. She broke his finger slamming a desk lid on it. I went home with hand marks on thigh ----"must have deserved it" said my mother!
One great moment, teacher standing on a desk to put up Christmas decorations; by lying flat on our desks we could see her directoire knickers!!!
Knickers aside, that's pretty messed up, especially that it was considered 'normal' for children to have to endure institutionalized abuse on a daily basis. Sorry you both had to go through that.
Old Sep 27th 2019, 3:07 pm
Banned

007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute

Knickers aside, that's pretty messed up, especially that it was considered 'normal' for children to have to endure institutionalized abuse on a daily basis. Sorry you both had to go through that.
... bunch o' Softies; - they never went to St Cohen's & All Angels...
Old Sep 27th 2019, 3:09 pm
Doin' It Right

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 007Steve View Post
... bunch o' Softies; - they never went to St Cohen's & All Angels...
I know you're joking but I really ****ing hate that mentality when it appears in the wild.

"Oh, my parents beat me to within an inch of my life, so I should make sure my children never have to experience that. Nah, **** that, belts off ..."

Parents like that can suck a tailpipe.
Old Sep 27th 2019, 3:15 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

I know you're joking but I really ****ing hate that mentality when it appears in the wild.

"Oh, my parents beat me to within an inch of my life, so I should make sure my children never have to experience that. Nah, **** that, belts off ..."

Parents like that can suck a tailpipe.
Same here. That physically abusing children is ever thought to be a way to raise a happy, well adjusted child is beyond me.
Old Sep 27th 2019, 3:17 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Hitting children is just an abusive exercise of power by adults over people smaller and more helpless than themselves. They should work out their neuroses elsewhere and stop taking it out on the children.

If you can't bring up or educate children without resorting to violence, then you need to brush up your skills a bit.
Old Sep 27th 2019, 3:21 pm
Doin' It Right

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse View Post
Same here. That physically abusing children is ever thought to be a way to raise a happy, well adjusted child is beyond me.
Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
Hitting children is just an abusive exercise of power by adults over people smaller and more helpless than themselves. They should work out their neuroses elsewhere and stop taking it out on the children.

If you can't bring up or educate children without resorting to violence, then you need to brush up your skills a bit.
"I was hit as a child and I turned out OK". Uh, yeah sure you did.

I mean, I was hit by my parents growing up, not with any kind of regularity, but it happened. As infrequent as it was and nowhere near the levels of violence seen by many other children, I'm really not sure I did turn out OK to be honest.
Old Sep 27th 2019, 3:35 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

"I was hit as a child and I turned out OK". Uh, yeah sure you did.

I mean, I was hit by my parents growing up, not with any kind of regularity, but it happened. As infrequent as it was and nowhere near the levels of violence seen by many other children, I'm really not sure I did turn out OK to be honest.
Actually, you turned out very ok. But that's despite being hit, not because of it.
Old Sep 27th 2019, 3:38 pm
Doin' It Right

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse View Post
Actually, you turned out very ok. But that's despite being hit, not because of it.
Probably more because I didn't get the shit beat out of me, just a smack on the bum every now and then. Not that I'm defending it but I didn't have abusive parents by any means. I just think that it's led to some 'teachable moments' that I'm not exactly proud of during my own time as a parent.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.