Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

What has p*ssed you off today...part II

What has p*ssed you off today...part II

Old Aug 23rd 2019, 1:45 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What has p*ssed you off today...part II

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse View Post
Your intentions were good LiW Survived the test fine, bit of a long day but they'd warned me about that.

Old Aug 23rd 2019, 5:03 pm
Still mal-fonted. Why?

BuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dreamy View Post
Let's hope there's no apocalypse in that time, they'll be straight through those gaps
I figured last evening that zombies are just another depiction of me with a hangover, so I've adopted "Think Mirror" as a mantra.

Those gaps are a pain though, this afternoon the guy next door cleared out tons of crap from our border hedge using a blower that I reckon he nicked from the back of an F-15.

So, more bloody birch seeds everywhere. This just following me having hoovered and wet-washed the two rooms in question.

Ho hum.
Old Aug 23rd 2019, 5:07 pm
Still mal-fonted. Why?

BuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond repute

Get a doberman or two!
I'll mention it to the cats.
Old Aug 23rd 2019, 5:09 pm

Sugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond repute

So what goes in must come out, right? Waiting to get rid of the spy cam! #sorrynotsorry
Old Aug 23rd 2019, 6:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Sand flies are horrible. There was a plague of them at Horrocks Beach one year when we had a family holiday up there. Out of 12 of us only 2 appeared to be immune to their bites, and I'm very thankful to say I was one of them. We took a tip from the locals on how to repel them and it worked, trouble is I can't remember the 'recipe'! I know it involved Dettol liquid mixed with one or two other things.
In my gold prospecting days in Africa when I used to spend most of my days out in the bush, ticks were a huge problem. We used to get covered in them during the course of the day. Another older bloke in the team used to swear by splashing his legs with paraffin to repel them, and sure enough it worked but he was a walking "do not smoke" zone.
Old Aug 23rd 2019, 9:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

joto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond repute

DH invited one of his colleagues and his family to stay for a few days, while they were touring the west US. No consultation with me of course. No help at all from DH to get the place ready for the visitors, or cooking. I don't mind visitors as such, but, at least let me have some input as to who and when. If I ask him to do something, it's oooh, my back, oooh, my leg. He does have a slight bit of arthritis, but nothing a well placed Tylenol won't fix for a while. To say I'm feeling bl**dy pi$$ed off would be right.
Old Aug 23rd 2019, 10:14 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by joto View Post
DH invited one of his colleagues and his family to stay for a few days, while they were touring the west US. No consultation with me of course. No help at all from DH to get the place ready for the visitors, or cooking. I don't mind visitors as such, but, at least let me have some input as to who and when. If I ask him to do something, it's oooh, my back, oooh, my leg. He does have a slight bit of arthritis, but nothing a well placed Tylenol won't fix for a while. To say I'm feeling bl**dy pi$$ed off would be right.
He's bloody lucky he's not wearing a frying pan for a hat. Visitors are a LOT of work. No wonder you're pissed off!
Old Aug 23rd 2019, 10:19 pm
Somewhere

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma View Post
So what goes in must come out, right? Waiting to get rid of the spy cam!
I was marvelling at this technology & wondering when in the future it might come to NZ when a struck me.

I take it the thing isn't disposable so it gets re-used time and time again?

Old Aug 23rd 2019, 10:26 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BuckinghamshireBoy View Post
I'll mention it to the cats.
Tell them it's their own fault for not being prepared to bite a burglar in two.
Old Aug 23rd 2019, 10:44 pm
Still mal-fonted. Why?

Tell them it's their own fault for not being prepared to bite a burglar in two.
I've tried that tack, the little sods simply don't listen.

Just this evening, I apologised to a mouse that I almost trod on while it was scurrying back to safety under the wardrobe, carrying a recently obtained leaf from one of OH's plants that look pretty for a week or so then end up dead due to (a) lack of watering (b) over-watering (c) attacks by mice.

I'll stick with zombies...
Old Aug 23rd 2019, 11:05 pm
Still mal-fonted. Why?

Originally Posted by BEVS View Post
...I take it the thing isn't disposable so it gets re-used time and time again?
Can I assume that the request to IB gurus for the 'I didn't really read that post' button is still in the pipeline?
Old Aug 23rd 2019, 11:21 pm
Concierge

I've tried that tack, the little sods simply don't listen.

Just this evening, I apologised to a mouse that I almost trod on while it was scurrying back to safety under the wardrobe, carrying a recently obtained leaf from one of OH's plants that look pretty for a week or so then end up dead due to (a) lack of watering (b) over-watering (c) attacks by mice.

I'll stick with zombies...
Won't catch mice, won't bite burglars in two - just as well you love them
Old Aug 23rd 2019, 11:22 pm
Concierge

Can I assume that the request to IB gurus for the 'I didn't really read that post' button is still in the pipeline?

It might be reusable after a quick wash?
Old Aug 24th 2019, 12:48 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

It might be reusable after a quick wash?
That reminds me of my friend...she swallowed the crown off her front tooth. I’ve often wondered if she told the dentist where she found it...
Old Aug 24th 2019, 12:58 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl View Post
That reminds me of my friend...she swallowed the crown off her front tooth. I’ve often wondered if she told the dentist where she found it...
I would have just said 'I misplaced my crown, it was a bummer'

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.