Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

What has p*ssed you off today...part II

What has p*ssed you off today...part II

Old Aug 22nd 2019, 11:01 pm
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What has p*ssed you off today...part II

Originally Posted by BuckinghamshireBoy View Post
The anti-zombie boards are gone, the 'missing' windows are now in place. Well, the frames are, the glass will be about another week.
Let's hope there's no apocalypse in that time, they'll be straight through those gaps
Old Aug 22nd 2019, 11:19 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevenglish1 View Post
What has really pissed me off today is how much I was looking forward to my missus going to the UK, and within 35 hours I have fallen to pieces. Whoever says men are the dominant gender is a ****ing idiot. 2 weeks to go ������������
You lovely big softy
Old Aug 22nd 2019, 11:21 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
If I'm honest, I've already considered it and decided it might just be lovely. Blow the froth off a couple, just to take the edge off the shakes. Maybe sit quietly with a pint and watch the cricket after work. Lovely.
See, this is one area where I'm happy to say that men do it better. You get hammered the night before and go back for more, I get hammered and my kneecaps twitch for a week.
Old Aug 22nd 2019, 11:22 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by BuckinghamshireBoy View Post
The anti-zombie boards are gone, the 'missing' windows are now in place. Well, the frames are, the glass will be about another week.
Get a doberman or two!
Old Aug 22nd 2019, 11:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl View Post
Bug bites. I’ve always been prone to them. After a walk on Monday morning, I have 13 of the damn things on one arm and they itch like crazy.
The worst bug bites I've ever had were from sand flies. I once received around 30 of them while chilling out at a beach house in Port Dickson, Malaysia. They were as itchy as hell and formed little puss bubbles that when scratched became septic and painful.
Old Aug 22nd 2019, 11:51 pm
Somewhere

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry View Post
The worst bug bites I've ever had were from sand flies. I once received around 30 of them while chilling out at a beach house in Port Dickson, Malaysia. They were as itchy as hell and formed little puss bubbles that when scratched became septic and painful.
We have those here by the million swarms. They are a protected species on DoC land & are rampant IMVHO anywhere .
I loathe them and have a rather rotten reaction to the bites. Almost impossible to avoid year round really but in warmer weather I usually end up with many little afflictions.
Any uncovered skin has to be either sprayed with repellent or a cover up , yet they still find that miniscule piece of landing strip. It makes leisure time at the beach or a walk out a bit of a test at times and even working in the veg garden can mean bites.
Meh!

Old Aug 23rd 2019, 12:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS View Post
We have those here by the million swarms. They are a protected species on DoC land & are rampant IMVHO anywhere .
I loathe them and have a rather rotten reaction to the bites. Almost impossible to avoid year round really but in warmer weather I usually end up with many little afflictions.
Any uncovered skin has to be either sprayed with repellent or a cover up , yet they still find that miniscule piece of landing strip. It makes leisure time at the beach or a walk out a bit of a test at times and even working in the veg garden can mean bites.
Meh!
Wow, that's a bummer. I haven't encountered any in Australia ....yet () and put it down to Asian tropical mangrove swampy areas, though I have been on the alert for them with repellents at the ready on my couple of trips to northern Queensland just in case. They say garlic helps repel biting insects and maybe that's true because before I met my wife in my 20s, I frequently used to get horribly bitten but not so much since - and she often uses garlic in her cooking.

Maybe try out some of these measures:

https://actioninspections.com.au/bri...ie-sand-flies/
Old Aug 23rd 2019, 12:40 am
Somewhere

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe try out some of these measures:
Oh. I've done all sorts and tried all sorts over the years. Mega deet spray and cover up is the thing. Other than that , hope for a windy day.

It isn't a water swampy thing I have found, no matter what may be written.

Old Aug 23rd 2019, 7:08 am
Concierge

Sand flies are horrible. There was a plague of them at Horrocks Beach one year when we had a family holiday up there. Out of 12 of us only 2 appeared to be immune to their bites, and I'm very thankful to say I was one of them. We took a tip from the locals on how to repel them and it worked, trouble is I can't remember the 'recipe'! I know it involved Dettol liquid mixed with one or two other things.
Old Aug 23rd 2019, 8:14 am
Somewhere

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse View Post
I know it involved Dettol liquid mixed with one or two other things.
Probably mixed with scat & poo + marmite into a nice smelly skin drying acidic paste and then slathered on all over like a mud pack & finished off with a garlic and orange peel extract glaze.
The peril being when it cracks in the heat.

Old Aug 23rd 2019, 8:15 am
SUPER MODERATOR

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Email from Amazon telling me about a book being released soon. Click on the link to find it's release date is May 2020 . That's not, in any way shape or form, soon! It didn't piss me off but it was vaguely irritating.
Old Aug 23rd 2019, 11:48 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse View Post
Sand flies are horrible. There was a plague of them at Horrocks Beach one year when we had a family holiday up there. Out of 12 of us only 2 appeared to be immune to their bites, and I'm very thankful to say I was one of them. We took a tip from the locals on how to repel them and it worked, trouble is I can't remember the 'recipe'! I know it involved Dettol liquid mixed with one or two other things.
So have you had your test done? Is it Friday there or something else? Do I need to argue with somebody?

Last edited by Lion in Winter; Aug 23rd 2019 at 11:52 am.
Old Aug 23rd 2019, 12:25 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
So have you had your test done? Is it Friday there or something else? Do I need to argue with somebody?
7.30pm Friday evening where she is. Missed your chance although I'm sure someone will come along and make some idiotic statement you can get your teeth into.
Old Aug 23rd 2019, 12:42 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 View Post
7.30pm Friday evening where she is. Missed your chance although I'm sure someone will come along and make some idiotic statement you can get your teeth into.
Well yes, but my hope had been to start a totally pointless argument with someone, such as over biscuits or something.

The international dateline pisses me off. It's 6:40am, Friday, here.
Old Aug 23rd 2019, 12:47 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
Well yes, but my hope had been to start a totally pointless argument with someone, such as over biscuits or something.
How about coffee cake? It irritates me greatly that here you see "coffee cake" advertised and it's really not coffee cake at all but cake you can have with a coffee. Is it the same over the border?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.