Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

What has p*ssed you off today...part II

What has p*ssed you off today...part II

Old Aug 20th 2019, 4:44 am
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What has p*ssed you off today...part II

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse View Post
I'm having a bone scan on Friday and have been told to allow 6 - 8 hours for it. Get there at sparrow's fart for radioactive tracers through an IV line, hang around for 3 - 4 hours, then lie completely still for an hour while the scan's done, with a spine that feels like it's on fire. There'd better be some distracting conversations happening on BE that will make me laugh, cry and be outraged, otherwise words will be said No pressure
Brutal. Hope it goes OK. I'll try and contribute on Friday with some cleverly disguised swearing to trick the censorship stars.
Old Aug 20th 2019, 8:45 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Bit of a shock this morning, going into town over the river and instead of the chap selling the Big Issue at the bridge, there are just a lot of flowers and notes, he was 52 and suffered a stroke last week, rushed to the ;local hospitsl, his comndition deteriorated and there were plans to airlift him to Bristol, but he died before it could happen. He was a local fixture, out there selling in every weather, and always a friendly word to everyone. He made no secret of the fact that he had had problems with drugs and alcohol addiction, and had spent time in prison but had turned his life around.
Old Aug 20th 2019, 10:38 am
SUPER MODERATOR

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm having a bone scan on Friday and have been told to allow 6 - 8 hours for it. Get there at sparrow's fart for radioactive tracers through an IV line, hang around for 3 - 4 hours, then lie completely still for an hour while the scan's done, with a spine that feels like it's on fire. There'd better be some distracting conversations happening on BE that will make me laugh, cry and be outraged, otherwise words will be said No pressure
That sounds horrible. The husband had one a few years back, he certainly doesn't want another one! Roll on Saturday.

Originally Posted by mikelincs View Post
Bit of a shock this morning, going into town over the river and instead of the chap selling the Big Issue at the bridge, there are just a lot of flowers and notes, he was 52 and suffered a stroke last week, rushed to the ;local hospitsl, his comndition deteriorated and there were plans to airlift him to Bristol, but he died before it could happen. He was a local fixture, out there selling in every weather, and always a friendly word to everyone. He made no secret of the fact that he had had problems with drugs and alcohol addiction, and had spent time in prison but had turned his life around.
That's sad. Similar situation with my old home town's BI seller. They become a big part of a close knit town and are very missed. Such a shame they never know how much.
Old Aug 20th 2019, 12:41 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
Brutal. Hope it goes OK. I'll try and contribute on Friday with some cleverly disguised swearing to trick the censorship stars.

Shall we start that fight to amuse her?

Old Aug 20th 2019, 1:05 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
Argument Clinic - Monty Python Scripts
Old Aug 20th 2019, 1:55 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

We are having at "active shooter drill" at work tomorrow. In itself this doesn't piss me off, but that it's considered "normal" does.
Old Aug 20th 2019, 2:03 pm
Grove 4 Life

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

We are having at "active shooter drill" at work tomorrow. In itself this doesn't piss me off, but that it's considered "normal" does.
Never had one at work, but the fact that my daughter's only nine and she's had to experience these drills, and at least one lockdown (in fairness one of them was for a suspected pedo on the loose so I'll let that one slide, but still) in her life is ****ing depressing, to be quite honest.
Old Aug 20th 2019, 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
Never had one at work, but the fact that my daughter's only nine and she's had to experience these drills, and at least one lockdown (in fairness one of them was for a suspected pedo on the loose so I'll let that one slide, but still) in her life is ****ing depressing, to be quite honest.

My son had several of those during his school career.
Old Aug 20th 2019, 2:08 pm
Grove 4 Life

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

My son had several of those during his school career.
I don't remember my son ever having a drill, and the only lockdown he had was when that bent cop shot himself in town but decided to make it look like he was murdered so the entire county went into a panic. All because he was stealing from the kids' explorers fund. Dumbass mother****er.
Old Aug 20th 2019, 2:45 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
Thanks Scamp.

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 View Post
That sounds horrible. The husband had one a few years back, he certainly doesn't want another one! Roll on Saturday.

Cheers MP, I might play on it a bit and just loll about in bed on Saturday. Scouse can peel me some grapes.

Scamp vs LiW, I can't even imagine what that would look like
Old Aug 20th 2019, 2:47 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs View Post
That's very sad Mike, and as MP said it's also sad that he probably didn't even know how people felt about him. A good reminder to us all. I hope he's resting in peace now after a such a hard life.
Old Aug 20th 2019, 2:48 pm

Scamp vs LiW, I can't even imagine what that would look like
Grammatically correct?
Old Aug 20th 2019, 2:49 pm
Concierge

This scares the shite out of me. I feel for you and everyone whose day to day life now includes these drills.
Old Aug 20th 2019, 2:50 pm
Concierge

Grammatically correct?
Most definitely!
Old Aug 20th 2019, 3:06 pm
Next curfew imminent.

BuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond repute

Some toad just stole our downstairs glazing.

The good news is that the replacements are being fitted.

The not quite so good news is that the bedroom windows "won't open because the ceiling is too low"

Plan "B" is to board the bedrooms up whilst supplier 'sorts it'.

Slightly better news is that it's not raining.

Yet.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.