Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

What has p*ssed you off today...part II

What has p*ssed you off today...part II

Old Aug 18th 2019, 3:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What has p*ssed you off today...part II

Originally Posted by The Rushman View Post
There you go with your liberal western blame and guilt.
So they get our rubbish .... no doubt the deal is they dispose of it environmentally but theyre just slinging it in the sea. Whos to blame? Of course itll be the west in your mind.
We DIDNT do it!! THEY throw it in the sea, THEIR own coast and you cant see tgat with that much disrespect for their own locale tgeyre not going to give a monkeys toss about the rest of the globe.
But youll just defend them and villainise the west again.

On documentary footage of Delhi or Mumbai ... how many recycling bins did you see? In fact how many of ANY bins did you see?

Its a good job environmentally that they are poor. Because do you think that if they could afford to buy goods as much as the west that they will suddenly start reycling or giving a shit? Of course they bloody wont you daft tart.
I can assure you that they have 'bins' in Delhi and Mumbai!! You have selected the two major cities with vast populations----more people produce more garbage!
Over India plastic bags are banned in most supermarkets. Street market stalls have gone back to paper wrapping or usually just tip into your own cloth bag; (these on sale everywhere).
Single use plastic is to be banned by 2022.
It is in fact the high-end shops frequented by the wealthy and by foreign tourists that insist on using smart plastic bags!!!

Old Aug 18th 2019, 5:45 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Pissed off at vandalism I can't really afford.
Old Aug 18th 2019, 7:15 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker View Post
Pissed off at vandalism I can't really afford.
Doesn't this keep on happening to you? Or was that someone else? Tyres, I think
Old Aug 18th 2019, 10:09 pm
Still mal-fonted. Why?

BuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
Doesn't this keep on happening to you? Or was that someone else? Tyres, I think
You're right, caretaker had a tyre done a while back.

Is this yet another example of current day urban life?

I thought that Canadians were basically kindly folk
Old Aug 18th 2019, 10:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Jsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond repute

Property crime can be quite rampant in some parts of Canada.

Leave a dime in your car in some parts of Vancouver, expect a window to end up broken. I can't sleep most nights so am up in to the 2-4am region and nearly every night can hear glass being broken outside. Our condo building in the time we have lived here has had the main glass door broken 3 times to access the lobby, the garage door has been damaged numerous time, and this is just 1 building, the commercial space below us has had their window broken a couple times and things stolen as well.

Closer you get to downtown on our street the worse it gets until you reach the core of the DTES the epi-center of drugs, homelessness, addiction, mental illness, theft, and stolen open air market and bike chop shops.

Originally Posted by BuckinghamshireBoy View Post
You're right, caretaker had a tyre done a while back.

Is this yet another example of current day urban life?

I thought that Canadians were basically kindly folk

Last edited by Jsmth321; Aug 18th 2019 at 10:32 pm.
Old Aug 19th 2019, 12:34 am
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321 View Post
Closer you get to downtown on our street the worse it gets
It can happen anywhere, really. We've had a couple of bands lose all their gear because they left it in a truck or trailer on the street in Vancouver, and not always in East Van.
I have some wonderful friends, and my fishing buddy (who happens to be an autobody technician) is right up at the top on my list. He's put in quite a few windows for me over the years. I was scared all the glass would fall out if I opened the door to get my duct tape, but they had some Sask Roughriders advertising tape under the till at the Hungarian club and that held it together for the trip to a wrecker just outside of town.

Edit: Expect vandalism of this sort to decrease after little darlings are back in school, and less likely to be out all night.

Last edited by caretaker; Aug 19th 2019 at 2:00 am.
Old Aug 19th 2019, 7:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Jsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes true it can happen anywhere in the city. But does tend to happen more in certain parts but yes I agree can happen anywhere.
Old Aug 19th 2019, 10:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

That damage is very annoying, especially if it happens repeatedly. Is there not an option to move to a quieter/more out of town area?
Old Aug 19th 2019, 4:21 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

I'm having a bone scan on Friday and have been told to allow 6 - 8 hours for it. Get there at sparrow's fart for radioactive tracers through an IV line, hang around for 3 - 4 hours, then lie completely still for an hour while the scan's done, with a spine that feels like it's on fire. There'd better be some distracting conversations happening on BE that will make me laugh, cry and be outraged, otherwise words will be said No pressure
Old Aug 19th 2019, 4:26 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse View Post
I'm having a bone scan on Friday and have been told to allow 6 - 8 hours for it. Get there at sparrow's fart for radioactive tracers through an IV line, hang around for 3 - 4 hours, then lie completely still for an hour while the scan's done, with a spine that feels like it's on fire. There'd better be some distracting conversations happening on BE that will make me laugh, cry and be outraged, otherwise words will be said No pressure

Would you like me to pick a fight with someone or something?
Old Aug 19th 2019, 4:39 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Would you like me to pick a fight with someone or something?
That should do the trick, especially since you're not usually a fighty-type person. Only if it's convenient of course
Old Aug 19th 2019, 4:47 pm

That should do the trick, especially since you're not usually a fighty-type person. Only if it's convenient of course
The main thing is that it should be about something completely trivial but be exceptionally bitter.

Seriously though, good luck with it all. Have you tried the vanilla slices?
Old Aug 19th 2019, 4:54 pm
Concierge

The main thing is that it should be about something completely trivial but be exceptionally bitter.

Seriously though, good luck with it all. Have you tried the vanilla slices?
Might be too big an ask then, I've never seen people become bitter over something trivial on BE. Ahem.

Good thinking 99, I'll get a few vanilla slices in. And thanks
Old Aug 19th 2019, 4:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Annetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond repute

Ouch, that sounds like a very sh***y day !
I wish you lots of strength to get through that one !
Old Aug 19th 2019, 5:02 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Good thinking 99...
Wow, that was Smart.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.