Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

What has p*ssed you off today...part II

What has p*ssed you off today...part II

Old Jun 21st 2019, 6:19 am
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What has p*ssed you off today...part II

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse View Post
I got the opposite in the UK. "How will you cope with the cold, being from Australia?!". Used to confuse the hell out of people when I told them I preferred cold weather to hot.
I'm in Sydney this week and have had all the jokes about how I must be used to the chilly weather and that the 8 degrees it was this morning is equivalent to an English summer etc etc.

I remind the kind folks that it's 43 degrees in Dubai at the moment and I haven't felt 8 degrees since Christmas in Blighty.

What's even funnier is despite all the weather chat and how shit the English weather is......these idiots had a car shown on national news yesterday because it was frosty.
Old Jun 21st 2019, 7:31 am
Who - me?

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
What's even funnier is despite all the weather chat and how shit the English weather is......these idiots had a car shown on national news yesterday because it was frosty.
Did they crack an egg open on it to see if it would freeze?

Old Jun 21st 2019, 7:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Jsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond repute

I got the opposite in the UK. "How will you cope with the cold, being from Australia?!". Used to confuse the hell out of people when I told them I preferred cold weather to hot.
I prefer cool temps to hot, I don't understand how anyone can like hot weather, when its pushing 26 here, I am ready to go inside to some a/c building and not leave...lol

That said I don't like super cold weather, which is why I stay in coastal BC, pretty much everywhere else in Canada has too extreme of temps both winter and summer, ON I spent 1 month of a summer there, yep so not for me, too hot and too humid.

I get a fair amount of, oh the snow must be hard for you when people find out I am from San Diego, I am like nope, I love the snow.
Old Jun 21st 2019, 7:58 am
BE Site Lead & Admin

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix View Post
What is it with THAT phrase?????? Yes it was cold in the north-west of England but it's a different type of cold because it's not coming straight from the Antarctic. Plus the majority of buildings are heated in England etc.!!!!
Yup..... but - Do - Not - Say - That - Ever.
Say - It. You - Die - A thousand slow deaths.

That surprises me to be honest & I do think it is rather rude then. I worked and lived with all manner of folk from all over the world and it would never have occurred to me , my family or my pals to even comment.

Is that an Up North thing perhaps? *not so sure*

Anyway. Sometimes it hacks me off big-time. Do I look like I arrived all frost bitten and grey gloomy cloud weary ? I mean - Really! himself picked this lace to try to match the good weather I was used to.
I now live in the land of the long white cloud. It is called that for a reason. Bluddy weather.

Old Jun 21st 2019, 8:01 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS View Post
Yup..... but - Do - Not - Say - That - Ever.
Say - It. You - Die - A thousand slow deaths.

That surprises me to be honest & I do think it is rather rude then. I worked and lived with all manner of folk from all over the world and it would never have occurred to me , my family or my pals to even comment.

Is that an Up North thing perhaps? *not so sure*
To be honest BEVS I never found it rude at all, it was just friendly people making conversation.
Old Jun 21st 2019, 8:04 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321 View Post
I prefer cool temps to hot, I don't understand how anyone can like hot weather, when its pushing 26 here, I am ready to go inside to some a/c building and not leave...lol

That said I don't like super cold weather, which is why I stay in coastal BC, pretty much everywhere else in Canada has too extreme of temps both winter and summer, ON I spent 1 month of a summer there, yep so not for me, too hot and too humid.

I get a fair amount of, oh the snow must be hard for you when people find out I am from San Diego, I am like nope, I love the snow.
We must be unusual JS I'm not long back from Thailand and the heat nearly killed me! My husband, who's a Brit, loved it.
Old Jun 21st 2019, 8:04 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by Red Eric View Post
Did they crack an egg open on it to see if it would freeze?
Old Jun 21st 2019, 8:44 am
European

BuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond repute

Before moving here I used to get quite a bit of "I know that the Brits invented rain, but why do they always test the new batches in Belgium?"

Old Jun 21st 2019, 9:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

We must be unusual JS I'm not long back from Thailand and the heat nearly killed me! My husband, who's a Brit, loved it.
Just came to the UK from 'heat' in India, OH finds heat unpleasant--(particularly when power failure and no fans!) but he also gets chilblains if in UK in winter-----poor circulation!!
Just received a 'mail' from S in law in Pune---"UK has 'stolen' our monsoon".
Old Jun 21st 2019, 9:37 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by Bipat View Post
Just came to the UK from 'heat' in India, OH finds heat unpleasant--(particularly when power failure and no fans!) but he also gets chilblains if in UK in winter-----poor circulation!!
Just received a 'mail' from S in law in Pune---"UK has 'stolen' our monsoon".
Your poor OH, he's in trouble either way! I'm sure the UK would be happy to give the monsoon back My sun-loving niece in Liverpool despairs of seeing the sun this year.
Old Jun 21st 2019, 12:34 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321 View Post
This made me chuckle. 26 is the perfect temperature to me, not cold (that's <20c) and not hot (>34c).
Old Jun 21st 2019, 1:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

chawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 View Post
This made me chuckle. 26 is the perfect temperature to me, not cold (that's <20c) and not hot (>34c).
Today we are forecast for 35c with a heat index of 40+. I love it hot. I can do without the 98% humidity though.
Old Jun 21st 2019, 2:11 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS View Post
..."You'll be used to that where you come from"...
Originally Posted by Dorothy View Post
I get that too. "Oh this must be warm for you being from Canada"....
I got the opposite in the UK. "How will you cope with the cold, being from Australia?!". ...
My Canadian wife grew up believing London was permanently foggy and rainy before she met me.
And that Russia was always cold.

Old Jun 21st 2019, 3:05 pm
Hail Satan!

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler View Post
We may have snow on Sunday...
That's just not fair. We're going to get lots of lovely rain, that is much more preferable to snow.
Old Jun 21st 2019, 7:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Jsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond repute

I have just never been a fan of the heat, when its hot, I have little energy, can feel physically unwell, its just not a good feeling, by 34, I am not going outside unless 100% necessary lol

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 View Post

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.