Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

What has p*ssed you off today...part II

What has p*ssed you off today...part II

Old Jun 18th 2019, 2:01 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What has p*ssed you off today...part II

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 View Post
Petrol's gone from 122c per litre to 161c.
That looks strange seeing 'petrol' after all these years away.

Old Jun 18th 2019, 6:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Jsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 View Post
Petrol's gone from 122c per litre to 161c. Wtaf????? That's shit and taking the monumental piss.
We had that kind of jump in April and lasted into May, between the last few days of March and April 1st gas prices shot up 30-40 cents per liter, it's fallen a bit down to $1.45 range now from all times highs in the low $1.70 range.

Old Jun 18th 2019, 6:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Jsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
And also available as an OTC sleep aid pill, same generic, same dose available. Same price too when I last looked.

Why don't they just market the drug the same as they do for Ibuprofen/Acetaminophen? I mean you don't buy "Pain relief" pills and "Fever" pills containing the same dose of whichever of Ibuprofen/Acetaminophen you prefer, you just buy one bottle and use it accordingly.

I think I'd make a lousy pharmaceutical marketer.
Marketing comes up with creatives ways to sell the same product.

Look at Tylenol Cold and Tylenol Flu, identical product same medication, but suppose they found sales are better if they market one for flu and one for cold....
Old Jun 18th 2019, 7:08 pm
European

BuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321 View Post
Marketing comes up with creatives ways to sell the same product.

Look at Tylenol Cold and Tylenol Flu, identical product same medication, but suppose they found sales are better if they market one for flu and one for cold....
"Diversification".

Yup...
Old Jun 18th 2019, 7:17 pm
Finally mesh free!

Vitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse View Post
Hahaa, I did notice the uncharacteristic 'to' but knew the cause

That's no good about your mum Getting lost in the system seems to happen a lot to older people, especially those who don't think or like to keep calling when they've been waiting a long time for an appointment. Your mum's very lucky that you were there to try to push things along. I'm sorry that she's not doing too well, and that you've got this hanging over you now.

Holiday (Thailand) was good thanks, except for a dose of salmonella which is still causing problems. Usually it's scouse who gets these things when we travel in Asia, he's always been very envious of my seeming immunity and calls me Iron Guts. Not so iron like any more!
Salmonella.....eugh! That little bastard will go for anyone. OH has had it and it took a while to shake off. Hope it goes soon.
Old Jun 18th 2019, 7:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

FOB system in the building we live in is down again, goes down frequently, usually takes several hours for someone to come and fix it.

With the system down that means:

No elevator access
No vehicle access since the only way to the garage is via elevator.
No ability to enter the building since its FOB keyless access only.

Last time I got stuck outside the building, 3 1/2 hours before I could get to our apartment.

Technology is great when its working, when its not, well it sucks. There should always be a back up like physical keys in my view.
Old Jun 18th 2019, 10:17 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321 View Post
FOB system in the building we live in is down again, goes down frequently, usually takes several hours for someone to come and fix it.

With the system down that means:

No elevator access
No vehicle access since the only way to the garage is via elevator.
No ability to enter the building since its FOB keyless access only.

Last time I got stuck outside the building, 3 1/2 hours before I could get to our apartment.

Technology is great when its working, when its not, well it sucks. There should always be a back up like physical keys in my view.
I'd be really pissed off if that happened to me. There should most definitely be a back up - what if you were all stuck outside in the freezing cold?! Do you have a tenant association or similar that could push for this?
Old Jun 18th 2019, 10:20 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix View Post
Salmonella.....eugh! That little bastard will go for anyone. OH has had it and it took a while to shake off. Hope it goes soon.
Thanks VS, it's been nearly three weeks now and still some unpleasant side effects (which I won't go into as a courtesy to you and other posters!). I'm a pain in my own arse
Old Jun 18th 2019, 10:23 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks VS, it's been nearly three weeks now and still some unpleasant side effects (which I won't go into as a courtesy to you and other posters!). I'm a pain in my own arse
Have you been tested for nasty parasites?
Old Jun 18th 2019, 10:37 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl View Post
Tell us about the nice parasites.....
Down in Old Mexico in '75 one of the members of an American group in my campground in Oaxaca (I think they were Miles Davis' road crew but not certain now) became deathly ill and was taken to hospital, and after a day or two was released with medication. They were able to identify the problem and it was an exotic intestinal parasite he'd picked up several months previous somewhere in the South Pacific.
Old Jun 18th 2019, 10:45 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl View Post
No!! I've come over all queer now. I don't mind hosting a dinner party, but I refuse to host a parasite.
Old Jun 18th 2019, 10:47 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by caretaker View Post
Tell us about the nice parasites.....
Down in Old Mexico in '75 one of the members of an American group in my campground in Oaxaca (I think they were Miles Davis' road crew but not certain now) became deathly ill and was taken to hospital, and after a day or two was released with medication. They were able to identify the problem and it was an exotic intestinal parasite he'd picked up several months previous somewhere in the South Pacific.
I'm going back to bed, you buggers are freaking me out
Old Jun 18th 2019, 11:06 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

No!! I've come over all queer now. I don't mind hosting a dinner party, but I refuse to host a parasite.
I would certainly want it checked out. Off you go...
Old Jun 18th 2019, 11:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I'd be really pissed off if that happened to me. There should most definitely be a back up - what if you were all stuck outside in the freezing cold?! Do you have a tenant association or similar that could push for this?
No tenant association, we are in a strata building (20% are dedicated rentals) so our landlord is different from the people who actually run/make decisions on how the building is run.
Old Jun 19th 2019, 12:06 am
BE Site Lead & Admin

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker View Post
They were able to identify the problem and it was an exotic intestinal parasite he'd picked up several months previous somewhere in the South Pacific.
I have a fear of something like this.

Spouse. I hope the bottom stops falling out of your world shortly. Been there with severe food poisoning & it ain't nice, none of it.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.