Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

What has p*ssed you off today...part II

What has p*ssed you off today...part II

Old Jun 14th 2019, 12:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

chawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What has p*ssed you off today...part II

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 View Post
Went out to get take out, got home, daughter carrying food, got to the table and managed to drop mine, food all over the floor. Who needs dinner anyway?
In our house that would be "Gone in 60 seconds" courtesy of the pooch.
Old Jun 14th 2019, 2:05 pm
Brexicide Now

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321 View Post
My sister.

She is super conservative and religious so total opposite of me, but she is always posting and complaining about welfare and government programs, when she herself benefitted from those programs...makes no sense.

She lives in AZ now and post on an article on FB about Californian's moving to AZ, "people in California should stay there" um hello your from California....

No wonder we barely speak lol
She's obviously OK with welfare programs when she's the one benefiting. It's just when other people get help, that's the problem.

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse View Post
You know the old saying JS, you can choose your friends but you can't choose your family You've chosen your BE friends well anyway, we think you're lovely
As my father-in-law says - "you can pick your friends, but you can't pick your friend's nose".
Old Jun 14th 2019, 4:08 pm
Ride a White Swan

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

My sister. She is super conservative and religious so total opposite of me, but she is always posting and complaining about welfare and government programs, when she herself benefitted from those programs...makes no sense.
Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
She's obviously OK with welfare programs when she's the one benefiting. It's just when other people get help, that's the problem.
I used to have these 'conversations' with my mum all the time.
She'd complain upon reading about the latest grant given by the GLC to a yogurt knitting, disabled lesbians collective and I'd point out her decisions and lifestyle had been a series of subsidies, one after the other; four kids, child benefit, tax allowances, kids education, family healthcare, subsidised social housing when their privately rented place got too small; tax relief on the mortgage when they decided to buy a house etc while people without kids and spouses had paid more in tax and taken less out....

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 View Post
Went out to get take out, got home, daughter carrying food, got to the table and managed to drop mine, food all over the floor. Who needs dinner anyway?
Originally Posted by chawkins99 View Post
In our house that would be "Gone in 60 seconds" courtesy of the pooch.

Old Jun 14th 2019, 4:10 pm
Brexicide Now

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
I used to have these 'conversations' with my mum all the time.
She'd complain upon reading about the latest grant given by the GLC to a yogurt knitting, disabled lesbians collective and I'd point out her decisions and lifestyle had been a series of subsidies, one after the other; four kids, child benefit, tax allowances, kids education, family healthcare, subsidised social housing when their privately rented place got too small; tax relief on the mortgage when they decided to buy a house etc while people without kids and spouses had paid more in tax and taken less out....
I bet she loved that

I want to hear more about the yogurt knitting lesbians now, please.
Old Jun 14th 2019, 4:23 pm
European Expat Migrant

BuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond repute

I bet she loved that

I want to hear more about the yogurt knitting lesbians now, please.
It's really tricky to teach a yoghurt how to knit a lesbian correctly I've been told.
Old Jun 14th 2019, 4:30 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BuckinghamshireBoy View Post
It's really tricky to teach a yoghurt how to knit a lesbian correctly I've been told.
You're quite right BB, I've heard the same thing. I believe yoghurts do make quite nice crocheted lesbians though.
Old Jun 14th 2019, 4:38 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Graffiti: My mother made me a homosexual!
and the reply: If I get her the wool, will she make me one too?
Old Jun 14th 2019, 4:50 pm
Brexicide Now

That's why they need those grants.
Old Jun 14th 2019, 5:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Jsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond repute

She's obviously OK with welfare programs when she's the one benefiting. It's just when other people get help, that's the problem..
Seems to be the conservative way.

Old Jun 14th 2019, 5:38 pm
Brexicide Now

Seems to be the conservative way.
Well, yeah. As long as they got theirs, right?
Old Jun 14th 2019, 5:57 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Well, yeah. As long as they got theirs, right?
Well they are worthy, of course. It's those other deadbeats who aren't worthy.
Old Jun 14th 2019, 6:02 pm
Brexicide Now

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
Well they are worthy, of course. It's those other deadbeats who aren't worthy.
Phew. For a minute there I thought a poor person was going to get a fraction of a percentage of MY money
Old Jun 14th 2019, 6:05 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Phew. For a minute there I thought a poor person was going to get a fraction of a percentage of MY money

Good god no. Next thing you know we would have a society.
Old Jun 14th 2019, 6:07 pm
Brexicide Now

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
Good god no. Next thing you know we would have a society.
Oh, hello Stalin.
Old Jun 14th 2019, 6:23 pm

Oh, hello Stalin.

I'm supposed to be a Marxist, thank you very much.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.