Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

What has p*ssed you off today...part II

What has p*ssed you off today...part II

Old May 8th 2019, 6:17 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What has p*ssed you off today...part II

Originally Posted by Jsmth321 View Post
In BC here in Canada we have a federal GST and provincial PST.

Tampons and such are exempt from PST in BC, not sure if the federal government exempts them, but we do pay tax on things like sunscreen, razor blades, makeup, condoms, toothpaste, toilet paper and the like.
You have to wonder at the mentality of a government that decides toilet paper (or tampons, in Oz's case) isn't an item that people can choose to do without.
Old May 8th 2019, 6:29 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
You're paying the tax for the plastic they use to make the ring then?
That might explain it but I don't think so.

I reckon it's because someone daintily arranged arranged it.

Old May 8th 2019, 6:32 pm
Hail Satan!

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker View Post
The bag of frozen shrimp is groceries, and the shrimp ring is a convenience food, same way a bag of chocolate chips is groceries, but a chocolate candy bar is convenience food. Milk is groceries, soda isn't.
Yeah, that makes sense.

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
That might explain it but I don't think so.

I reckon it's because someone daintily arranged arranged it.
Caretaker already explained it above.
Old May 8th 2019, 6:34 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse View Post
You have to wonder at the mentality of a government that decides toilet paper isn't an item that people can choose to do without.
Grass is good enough for some!

Old May 8th 2019, 6:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Jsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond repute

Renting is a piss off sometimes, really leads to a lack of stable long term housing and you really have little control over how long you can stay.
Old May 9th 2019, 1:38 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
Grass is good enough for some!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2R1QABw5v_w
Early morning, just about to have my breakfast, I ain't clicking on that link!
Old May 9th 2019, 3:12 am
SUPER MODERATOR

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Hearing that America still has no intention of attempting to stop people from killing children in schools. However only one died so no biggy.
Old May 9th 2019, 8:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Jsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond repute

Stress.
Old May 12th 2019, 7:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

It really ticks me off when people tell me there is help out there but then wont give specifics, just a vague there is help if you look.

I have spent 5 years dealing with the healthcare system and each and every time I am told to seek counseling which is not something the healthcare system covers so its not something I and many others can access.

Old May 13th 2019, 1:19 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321 View Post
It really ticks me off when people tell me there is help out there but then wont give specifics, just a vague there is help if you look.

I have spent 5 years dealing with the healthcare system and each and every time I am told to seek counseling which is not something the healthcare system covers so its not something I and many others can access.
Generally speaking, people who say that don't need any help, can but what they want, and have never been in any other position. Have you ever thought of any of the New England states? I think some of these things are a bit better there.
Old May 13th 2019, 6:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
Generally speaking, people who say that don't need any help, can but what they want, and have never been in any other position. Have you ever thought of any of the New England states? I think some of these things are a bit better there.
That's true, and government websites do make it seem like there is a lot more offered then there is in reality, if you can be managed with medication, yeah lots of options.

I would have to try and see if any states provide coverage for BPD/DBT treatment, not familiar with the New England area so can't say for sure one way or another.

I do know in the US insurance companies are not keen to cover DBT/BPD treatment so even when people have insurance they may not be able to access treatment due to insurance not covering it, or only covering a small portion of it.

Stupid thing is there is a good center not even 10 minutes away from me run by very skilled professionals who have spent years researching and working with borderline patients and the disorder, but its self pay since our universal healthcare system doesn't cover it and it's not exactly affordable for us anyhow, even when I had supplemental private insurance through work, it only covered $300 per year total max, that will cover 1 week of treatment roughly ($240 per week is the minimum with a student intern, with a psychologist its $310 a week roughly.) Treatment is a minimum of 26 weeks, some people need to go on longer, every person is different, not unusual for some to have to repeat the group portion 2 or 3 times before they master the skills taught.

I also think in the eyes of the government its easier and more cost effective to just put people on disability and let them struggle vs providing the appropriate treatment so they have a chance to succeed.

I have been trying to 2012 and I don't think I am going to try anymore, its too exhausting and I am out of energy, until government policy changes nothing will happen anyhow, can't go to the ER daily, but until policy changes nothing the ER can do.

Last edited by Jsmth321; May 13th 2019 at 7:58 pm.
Old May 13th 2019, 10:48 pm
Still mal-fonted. Why?

BuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond repute

Name? Trench

First name? Mariana

Anything to declare? Plastic bag

Old May 13th 2019, 10:49 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BuckinghamshireBoy View Post
Name? Trench

First name? Mariana

Anything to declare? Plastic bag

Yes.

The human race can piss right off.

Old May 16th 2019, 4:35 pm
Dedicated European

Expatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond repute

But made me laugh - in the end!

Perusing wine shelf in local supermarket, I spotted an offer, bright black on yellow label, at bottom shelf level, with a single bottle left, price 999 Ft (equiv. £2.85). Said bottle was produced by Sauskia, one of our better local producers. Wow, thought I, I'll have some of that & popped it in my basket. Got to till & 4299 Ft (£ 12.30) rang up! Could have rejected it of course but chose not to!

Clearly someone had selected it from another shelf, changed their mind & just dumped it on the nearest available alternative shelf.

Some perspective here - I usually pay approx 700 Ft (£ 2.00) in a shop for my daily plonk, the most I have paid since arriving here (again in a shop) is 2700 Ft - for a bottle of Hungarian "champagne" (& very good it was too!)!

Old May 16th 2019, 6:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute

Stupidity. My electoral office forgot to send my proxy a postal vote application. So after sending an overseas voter form, a psoatl application form and then being told they only send out ballot 10 days or less prior to the election. Then sending a proxy registration. They forgot to send my proxy a postal registration form, so now I can't vote in the Democratic Republic of the UK. So many hurdles and incompetence. My proxy lives 60 miles from the polling station.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.