Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

What has p*ssed you off today...part II

What has p*ssed you off today...part II

Old Apr 28th 2019, 5:11 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What has p*ssed you off today...part II

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 View Post
My daughter in the UK called me today. Her first words were 'Don't freak..' We went to video chat. Some drunk arsehole bloke didn't like that she cut him off (she was managing the shift in the pub/restaurant she works in) so he shoved her very hard and she went down hitting the stone floor head first. she's got stitches, concussion a pretty impressive black eye appearing and obvious headache as well as a bashed knee. He was arrested thankfully and a very nice policeman took her to hospital and held her hand whilst they stitched her up (that bit made me smile). ****ing arsehole.
Glad to hear she's generally okay - conversations starting "don't freak...." are never good (and those words always seem to have the opposite effect on me) so thank heavens for facetime / skype. Hope she's feeling better soon xx

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma View Post
When you start the day walking around Lowes and Home Depot and within an hour you're planned day ends in the ER for 7 hours.
Just when we thought his heart problems were improving today proved otherwise for M. But we're home now, heart monitor on and back on Monday for more tests. So a quiet Sunday for us.
Not good news SM - hopefully only a blip on the recovery and there's good news on Monday. (((hugs))) in the meantime xx
Old Apr 28th 2019, 5:40 am
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

My daughter in the UK called me today. Her first words were 'Don't freak..' We went to video chat. Some drunk arsehole bloke didn't like that she cut him off (she was managing the shift in the pub/restaurant she works in) so he shoved her very hard and she went down hitting the stone floor head first. she's got stitches, concussion a pretty impressive black eye appearing and obvious headache as well as a bashed knee. He was arrested thankfully and a very nice policeman took her to hospital and held her hand whilst they stitched her up (that bit made me smile). ****ing arsehole.
Sorry to hear, hope she recovers well.
Old Apr 28th 2019, 11:32 am
Newlywed

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

When you start the day walking around Lowes and Home Depot and within an hour you're planned day ends in the ER for 7 hours.
Just when we thought his heart problems were improving today proved otherwise for M. But we're home now, heart monitor on and back on Monday for more tests. So a quiet Sunday for us.
Fingers crossed it's just a blip.
Old Apr 28th 2019, 1:22 pm

Sugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond repute

Bugger. Fingers crossed it's just a minor blip.
Originally Posted by old.sparkles View Post

Not good news SM - hopefully only a blip on the recovery and there's good news on Monday. (((hugs))) in the meantime xx
Originally Posted by Dorothy View Post
Fingers crossed it's just a blip.
Thanks guys. I think some of the problem is self inflicted. He still thinks he is half his age and has to act it. He won't give in, which is good to an extent but not when it is too much. He has to learn his limits and episodes like yesterday might make him see sense but I doubt it! Hardheaded, oh yeah!

Old Apr 28th 2019, 3:44 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Gah, sorry to hear this.

A bit of rest and the right drugs,and here's hoping for him to be up and around again soon. "Taking it easy" comes hard for some.
Old Apr 28th 2019, 7:17 pm
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

For each of the last few years we have taken small gifts at Christmas to an elderly couple who SWMBO met whilst volunteering in the local association for the Blind (they were volunteers too). Ron was a lovely chap who liked to chat over a coffee (or a whiskey, if allowed, but June seldom gave him permission!). I would also take a cheque for the local RSPCA shelter, because Ron was a volunteer there too and he loved to hand in my donation. But this year we spent the whole of the Christmas period in Portugal.

So, I've been trying to steel myself to visit them before I go back, because they were more SWMBO's friends and because I felt a bit guilty. Then today another volunteer from the Blind association called to say that Ron had dropped dead at home - a "holy death", he didn't know what hit him. His funeral is on the day of my flight to Portugal.... and I haven't told 'er indoors yet..... it won't go down well.
Old Apr 29th 2019, 1:22 am
SUPER MODERATOR

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by macliam View Post
For each of the last few years we have taken small gifts at Christmas to an elderly couple who SWMBO met whilst volunteering in the local association for the Blind (they were volunteers too). Ron was a lovely chap who liked to chat over a coffee (or a whiskey, if allowed, but June seldom gave him permission!). I would also take a cheque for the local RSPCA shelter, because Ron was a volunteer there too and he loved to hand in my donation. But this year we spent the whole of the Christmas period in Portugal.

So, I've been trying to steel myself to visit them before I go back, because they were more SWMBO's friends and because I felt a bit guilty. Then today another volunteer from the Blind association called to say that Ron had dropped dead at home - a "holy death", he didn't know what hit him. His funeral is on the day of my flight to Portugal.... and I haven't told 'er indoors yet..... it won't go down well.
Great for him, absolutely dreadful for everyone else. Sympathies to all.
Old Apr 29th 2019, 1:38 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by macliam View Post

Sorry to hear, and good luck with the difficult conversation.
Old Apr 29th 2019, 1:40 am
BE Site Lead & Admin

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

Poops. Not good.
Hope himself is feeling much better very soon.

Old May 1st 2019, 1:46 am

Sugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS View Post
Poops. Not good.
Hope himself is feeling much better very soon.
Finally he is! His BP was spiking and dropping and his wonky arrhythmia was more wonky than normal. Abnormally abnormal his cardiologist said. So he has had a change of meds and then he will have the "electric"cardiologist figure out the arrhythmia part yet again. It's a bloody Merry Go Round!!
Old May 1st 2019, 4:38 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Finally he is! His BP was spiking and dropping and his wonky arrhythmia was more wonky than normal. Abnormally abnormal his cardiologist said. So he has had a change of meds and then he will have the "electric"cardiologist figure out the arrhythmia part yet again. It's a bloody Merry Go Round!!
Really glad he's doing better, but sorry to hear that his heart's playing up again. Fingers crossed that the new meds make all the difference.
Old May 1st 2019, 10:32 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I am sorry to read M is going through heart issues again, and of course you are going through it with him. Hope the ‘electric’ cardiologist sorts it out. (((HUGS)))
Old May 1st 2019, 10:54 am

I know it's worrying, but they are very good at working this stuff out these days. I'm guessing he has the ipod thing in his chest to regulate electrical stuff?

I see him like this - electric warrior.

Old May 1st 2019, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
I know it's worrying, but they are very good at working this stuff out these days. I'm guessing he has the ipod thing in his chest to regulate electrical stuff?

I see him like this - electric warrior.

Get it on, bang a gong! Now he thinks I'm crazier than normal.
Old May 1st 2019, 12:26 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Get it on, bang a gong! Now he thinks I'm crazier than normal.
No one who likes T Rex can be crazy

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.