Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

What has p*ssed you off today...part II

What has p*ssed you off today...part II

Old Feb 27th 2019, 7:32 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What has p*ssed you off today...part II

Originally Posted by mikelincs View Post
Ohh god, I just threw up seeing that...
Sorry!
Old Feb 27th 2019, 10:14 am
SUPER MODERATOR

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Ohh god, I just threw up seeing that...
Serves you right. Now quit your moaning! Belated happy birthday. X
Old Feb 27th 2019, 8:09 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the Birthday wishes everyone.
Old Feb 27th 2019, 8:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Annetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the Birthday wishes everyone.
Sorry I'm late, Happy birthday !
Old Feb 27th 2019, 8:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Annetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond repute

Marseille
Old Feb 28th 2019, 2:12 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse View Post
Looks like the big C has decided to pay my family another visit. Have been taking Mum for mammograms, ultrasounds and a core biopsy this week, with a stereotactic biopsy to come on Monday. In true Mum style, when her doctor suggested that if malignancy is confirmed then Mum can choose not to have any treatment, she replied 'That won't happen. Just take them off and give me the treatment'. Gawd. As she's 85 my brother and sisters have been slowly coming to terms with the fact that we'll lose her eventually, but please, not like this.

Also in true Mum fashion, she's just carrying on as normal. Made scouse a banana cake with lemon and coconut icing yesterday. As batty as ever - her little dog was sitting on the couch minding its own business when we left for this morning's procedure, when Mum looked at her, shook her finger and said 'don't look at me like that, I told you I had to go out this morning'.
Just to say I hope things are going ok-ish with you and mum.
Old Feb 28th 2019, 3:33 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
Just to say I hope things are going ok-ish with you and mum.
What a love you are to remember The results were as expected, unfortunately. Mum has 'malignant ductal carcinoma in situ', the most common form of breast cancer. Taking her to see a breast surgeon and an oncologist, they'll work out the best treatment for her between them. Certainly hormone therapy, probably radiotherapy as well, and a mastectomy may also be in the mix.

Mum's doing ok, just one wobble this morning when she said she didn't want to be a burden. We soon put paid to that nonsense! Still her lovable batty self - I rang her before going over to see her this morning. I asked her if I could pick anything up for her on the way, she hesitated for a moment and then said 'do you know what I really feel like?'. No Mum, but do tell. 'I really feel like - what are they called again? - blast, I was just thinking about it and now I can't remember what they're called'. Gentle prodding from me - square, round etc, blue, white etc, savoury or sweet. 'They're square and they have custard inside'. A vanilla slice Ma? 'Yes, a vanilla slice! Clever girl!. I got her four, and she made me have one with her. Made me

Ta for asking.
Old Feb 28th 2019, 4:57 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

What a love you are to remember The results were as expected, unfortunately. Mum has 'malignant ductal carcinoma in situ', the most common form of breast cancer. Taking her to see a breast surgeon and an oncologist, they'll work out the best treatment for her between them. Certainly hormone therapy, probably radiotherapy as well, and a mastectomy may also be in the mix.

Mum's doing ok, just one wobble this morning when she said she didn't want to be a burden. We soon put paid to that nonsense! Still her lovable batty self - I rang her before going over to see her this morning. I asked her if I could pick anything up for her on the way, she hesitated for a moment and then said 'do you know what I really feel like?'. No Mum, but do tell. 'I really feel like - what are they called again? - blast, I was just thinking about it and now I can't remember what they're called'. Gentle prodding from me - square, round etc, blue, white etc, savoury or sweet. 'They're square and they have custard inside'. A vanilla slice Ma? 'Yes, a vanilla slice! Clever girl!. I got her four, and she made me have one with her. Made me

Ta for asking.
I think, in the world of breast cancer, that is the "best" one to have. In situ is good.

Still a major embuggerance, but controllable I believe, especially with the repeated application of vanilla slices.
Old Feb 28th 2019, 5:02 pm
Concierge

I think, in the world of breast cancer, that is the "best" one to have. In situ is good.

Still a major embuggerance, but controllable I believe, especially with the repeated application of vanilla slices.
Most definitely, one of my sisters had it a few years ago and is doing really well now.

Gawd, I better not tell Mum that about vanilla slices. She might have an extra batty moment and shove one down her bra.
Old Feb 28th 2019, 5:07 pm
Still mal-fonted. Why?

BuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond repute

The ongoing saga of BB vs Swiss tax authorities. After the accountant coughed to messing up the 2017 tax declaration, we gave said accountant power of attorney to fix it and push the 2018 declaration through asap, so that we might get our hands on the magic departure form from the Swiss foreigner police – we have got so, so much stuff still hinging on obtaining that form.

Monday just gone I received a letter from the tax authorities, and eagerly ripped it open hoping to find the final reckoning. Nope, some more questions, along with requests for documentary evidence, still on 2017. And it was addressed to the Swiss house – they have been informed we're not there anymore – so it took just the 12 days to get here...

I toyed with the idea of barking at the accountant, but decided to do it myself via the tax office website, which seemed to go ok. I repeated the request to send any other stuff directly here so as not to lose the best part of two weeks again, but I'm not holding my breath on that.
Old Feb 28th 2019, 5:32 pm
Professional cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

controllable I believe, especially with the repeated application of vanilla slices.
Absolutely . The odd whiskey or several did wonders for my dad for sure!
Old Feb 28th 2019, 10:52 pm
Somewhere

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

Mum has 'malignant ductal carcinoma in situ',
Poo!
Old Mar 1st 2019, 6:47 pm

Wtf? How did I miss this back in 2016? Terrible idea - trying to require that private citizens become part of the state's policing.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-47415383
Old Mar 1st 2019, 9:51 pm
Banned

007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute

Wtf? How did I miss this back in 2016? Terrible idea - trying to require that private citizens become part of the state's policing.
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-47415383
... Not like you to miss something like that LiW.... You must remember - it was around the time when Cameron-The-Chillax pronounced that we're all in this together...
It's also the reason why it will now give that evil bitch in Downing Street the excuse she trailed the other week to end the UK's membership of the ECHR, as she 'suddenly remembered'....
"News management" like the Brit MSM arrange.
Old Mar 1st 2019, 10:19 pm

Originally Posted by 007Steve View Post
... Not like you to miss something like that LiW.... You must remember - it was around the time when Cameron-The-Chillax pronounced that we're all in this together...
It's also the reason why it will now give that evil bitch in Downing Street the excuse she trailed the other week to end the UK's membership of the ECHR, as she 'suddenly remembered'....
"News management" like the Brit MSM arrange.
I must have tried to block it from my memory, along with "the big society".

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.