Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

What has p*ssed you off today...part II

What has p*ssed you off today...part II

Old Nov 30th 2018, 7:46 pm
Hail Satan!

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What has p*ssed you off today...part II

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
Yup. If you're not squeamish, google the pics.
Yeah, I have. Just keeping my fingers crossed I can avoid it but the odds are not in my favor since I had chicken pox already and also I think Bells Palsy can be brought on by some forms of the herpes virus (even though I'm 99% sure mine was from an ear infection) since they gave me Valtrex for that.
Old Nov 30th 2018, 7:49 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
Yeah, I have. Just keeping my fingers crossed I can avoid it but the odds are not in my favor since I had chicken pox already and also I think Bells Palsy can be brought on by some forms of the herpes virus (even though I'm 99% sure mine was from an ear infection) since they gave me Valtrex for that.

The Herpes are a nasty little family. I have no idea what evolutionary purpose they serve.
Old Nov 30th 2018, 9:02 pm
Hail Satan!

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

The Herpes are a nasty little family. I have no idea what evolutionary purpose they serve.
Ah, rather like mosquitoes then.
Old Nov 30th 2018, 9:06 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
Ah, rather like mosquitoes then.

Exactly.

Mosquitos are herpes with wings.
Old Nov 30th 2018, 9:14 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

When I caught shingles I was shingling a roof. One of the guys working with me said he had shingles but didn't want to miss out on the job, (a friend had just died and we all got together to do the widow's roof). I was at the top of a ladder in the narrow space between the houses and needed a level for something, and since it was difficult to climb on and off I went as far down as necessary and the infected man handed it to me, but not before I got poked in the middle of the back by a rain gauge attached to the neighbour's window. By the following morning I had several bands of blisters on each side extending from the centre of my back around to my chest. The pain in my back and in my head was terrific. What shingles gives you is inflamed spinal and cranial nerves, and it's pretty special.
Old Nov 30th 2018, 9:29 pm

Originally Posted by caretaker View Post
When I caught shingles I was shingling a roof. One of the guys working with me said he had shingles but didn't want to miss out on the job, (a friend had just died and we all got together to do the widow's roof). I was at the top of a ladder in the narrow space between the houses and needed a level for something, and since it was difficult to climb on and off I went as far down as necessary and the infected man handed it to me, but not before I got poked in the middle of the back by a rain gauge attached to the neighbour's window. By the following morning I had several bands of blisters on each side extending from the centre of my back around to my chest. The pain in my back and in my head was terrific. What shingles gives you is inflamed spinal and cranial nerves, and it's pretty special.

It's unusual to get it on two sides. Lucky you.
Old Nov 30th 2018, 9:39 pm
Hail Satan!

Exactly.

Mosquitos are herpes with wings.
I hope they all catch herpes by drinking infected blood.

Originally Posted by caretaker View Post
Yo dawg, I heard you liked shingles so I'm going to give you shingles while you shingle.
Old Nov 30th 2018, 9:40 pm
BE Site Lead & Admin

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321 View Post
Shingles vaccine here is reccomended to get at age 50.

Its not covered and runs $150 to $200 per dose Canadian dollars.

Not sure if under 50 year old can get it, but suppose since its self pay might be possible.
I can get one next year ,as I will be quite ancient by then, at quite some considerable cost. It won't be the latest one but it would be something.

Shingles is the pits. I try to always have anti-viral to hand somehow as if you can catch the early signs you can try to head it off.
Old Nov 30th 2018, 9:46 pm
Dedicated European

Expatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS View Post
I can get one next year ,as I will be quite ancient by then
Not ancient, but like the best hymns, Ancient AND Modern!
Old Nov 30th 2018, 9:52 pm

Originally Posted by Expatrick View Post
Not ancient, but like the best hymns, Ancient AND Modern!

No 365 was our "school hymn", sung on the last day of term and other momentous events like the school birthday.

Later editions may have different numbering of course.
Old Nov 30th 2018, 9:56 pm
Dedicated European

Expatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond repute

No 365 was our "school hymn", sung on the last day of term and other momentous events like the school birthday.

Later editions may have different numbering of course.
No, no, #379!
Old Nov 30th 2018, 10:00 pm

No, no, #379!

That one was in our general rotation.
Old Nov 30th 2018, 10:03 pm
Dedicated European

That one was in our general rotation.
And of course, #27
Old Nov 30th 2018, 10:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Jsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond repute

This is what the FDA says about one of the vaccines for shingles and under 50.

Should Zostavax be used in people who are under 50 years of age?

No, at this time, there is not enough information from the studies to determine the risks and benefits of Zostavax in people younger than 50 years of age.

https://www.fda.gov/biologicsbloodvaccines/vaccines/questionsaboutvaccines/ucm070418.htm
Old Nov 30th 2018, 10:22 pm

Sugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond repute

And of course, #27

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.