Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

What has p*ssed you off today...part II

What has p*ssed you off today...part II

Old Nov 15th 2018, 4:12 am
Finally mesh free!

Vitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What has p*ssed you off today...part II

Living in New Zealand! Feeling trapped here today. It's a gorgeous day and you'd think I'd be happy, I would be on such a glorious day in England but not here. The OH is now over living in NZ too, finding it too parochial. I just wish he'd got to this point about 6 years ago, he's 56 now so I think he would find it difficult to get a new job in another country. I fear we may be stuck here until retirement. I already feel like living here is like waiting to die.
Ho hum, just needed a moan.
Back to real problems that piss you off.
Old Nov 15th 2018, 5:03 am
SUPER MODERATOR

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
In the absence of a WTF in Ireland thread, I give you:

"In the trial, the defence lawyer told the jury: "You have to look at the way she was dressed. She was wearing a thong with a lace front."

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-46207304
I'm a tad confused. Was that all she was wearing? I mean, obviously she was asking to be raped if that was all she was wearing but if she had clothes on top what possible justification did that bitch have to even mention them? She presumably wasn't wearing anything remotely skimpy or flesh showing on top of the thong or she'd have mentioned them. Apologies to all men out there. I initially assumed the defence lawyer was a man. What sort of ****ed up woman is Elizabeth O'Connell????
Old Nov 15th 2018, 6:37 am
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 View Post
I'm a tad confused. Was that all she was wearing? I mean, obviously she was asking to be raped if that was all she was wearing but if she had clothes on top what possible justification did that bitch have to even mention them? She presumably wasn't wearing anything remotely skimpy or flesh showing on top of the thong or she'd have mentioned them. Apologies to all men out there. I initially assumed the defence lawyer was a man. What sort of ****ed up woman is Elizabeth O'Connell????
Unfortunately whilst context to all situations is important this is just utterly hateful.
Old Nov 15th 2018, 12:51 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix View Post
Living in New Zealand! Feeling trapped here today. It's a gorgeous day and you'd think I'd be happy, I would be on such a glorious day in England but not here. The OH is now over living in NZ too, finding it too parochial. I just wish he'd got to this point about 6 years ago, he's 56 now so I think he would find it difficult to get a new job in another country. I fear we may be stuck here until retirement. I already feel like living here is like waiting to die.
No, it's real and I get it, I really do. Not dissimilar to my situation. We should pool our moaning/resources.
Old Nov 15th 2018, 12:57 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

She is apparently that sort of ****ed up woman.

At the extreme end of things, even if the woman were lying and the sex had been consensual, her underwear choices are neither here nor there.
Old Nov 15th 2018, 8:45 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

We have acquaintances who moved to NZ South Island for the better life.
The husband loved it being an active outdoors person.
His wife eventually gave him an ultimatum we either move back to the UK as a family or I take the children and go back leaving you behind.
Things like the nearest decent restaurants being 50 miles away were a negative for her.
Eventually they dud return to the UK and are just as miserable as they were before moving to NZ...
The boys had real problems adjusting to life and schools back in the UK.
Old Nov 15th 2018, 11:20 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Feeling stuck is horrible. Any chance of a rich old great-aunt popping her clogs and leaving you her millions?
Old Nov 17th 2018, 7:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute

You've got what the Dutch called 'Heemweg' and we call 'homesickness' I used to get it periodically during my 30 yrs of incarceration in the Netherlands. Everything in Holland was shit,Everything in the UK was cast in a glowing light. Don't worry , it will change once you move your mind set onto something more positive. I couldn't do a damn thing about my situation, dependent as it was on OH's job ( I wasn't allowed to work in NL in the early days) If you really can't change it ,find something to do thats creative . Spinning in the same place does you no good
Old Nov 17th 2018, 8:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Annetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GeniB View Post
You've got what the Dutch called 'Heemweg' and we call 'homesickness' I used to get it periodically during my 30 yrs of incarceration in the Netherlands. Everything in Holland was shit,Everything in the UK was cast in a glowing light. Don't worry , it will change once you move your mind set onto something more positive. I couldn't do a damn thing about my situation, dependent as it was on OH's job ( I wasn't allowed to work in NL in the early days) If you really can't change it ,find something to do thats creative . Spinning in the same place does you no good
I think you mean ''Heimwee''
Old Nov 17th 2018, 9:05 am
SUPER MODERATOR

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Annetje View Post
I think you mean ''Heimwee''
And if it means homesickness, then that's not what Vital et al have. They know they are living in the wrong place and that no amount of finding new activities or changing mindset will alter that fact.

Anyway I'm pissed off because we just had a humdinger of a storm, driving home blind to find next door have gone away camping for the weekend yet again and left their dog home alone, untethered, yet again. Poor girl was climbing our screen door howling desperate to get in away from the storm. My cat was beyond terrified by the dog. Don't tell me you're an animal lover and then leave your dog to wander free every ****ing weekend.

Last edited by moneypenny20; Nov 17th 2018 at 9:11 am.
Old Nov 17th 2018, 10:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Annetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond repute

And if it means homesickness, then that's not what Vital et al have. They know they are living in the wrong place and that no amount of finding new activities or changing mindset will alter that fact.

Anyway I'm pissed off because we just had a humdinger of a storm, driving home blind to find next door have gone away camping for the weekend yet again and left their dog home alone, untethered, yet again. Poor girl was climbing our screen door howling desperate to get in away from the storm. My cat was beyond terrified by the dog. Don't tell me you're an animal lover and then leave your dog to wander free every ****ing weekend.
People who leave the dog alone a whole weekend do NOT deserve a dog !
How does he get his food ? And fresh water ? And shelter from the weather ?
Maybe time to report them somewhere ?
Old Nov 17th 2018, 11:41 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Annetje View Post
People who leave the dog alone a whole weekend do NOT deserve a dog !
How does he get his food ? And fresh water ? And shelter from the weather ?
Maybe time to report them somewhere ?
They go to a pet free camp site 20 minutes away. They have a covered over deck but Jezzie gets lonely so goes to visit the neighbours, mainly us. As they camp so close he comes back to feed each day. Jezzie is beyond excited to hear the Ute then sad when he goes again. Just go to a fricking site that allows pets!
Old Nov 17th 2018, 11:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Ingles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond repute

I have a very elderly neighbour who stay's with his kid's most WE
We have a understanding , I bring his Dog into my place during the day , put him back on his chain over night "burglar alarm"
He's a real little character , I call him "buster", get's on well with mine, & no trouble at all.
All it takes is a bit off thought !
Old Nov 17th 2018, 10:11 pm
Used to be Seasider

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

People who make facile comments with no comprehension of or compassion for other people's situations or feelings.
Old Nov 18th 2018, 1:30 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
What's the best way to send cooking sherry to the southern hemisphere?
We haven't heard back from BEVS, so she either has her own supply of cooking sherry or she's done a bunk. I think one of us need to pop over to NZ and check on her. I'm closest so I nominate me. All members please keep an eye out for my Go Fund Me page

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.