Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

What has p*ssed you off today...part II

What has p*ssed you off today...part II

Old Nov 14th 2018, 3:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What has p*ssed you off today...part II

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl View Post
I would call and explain that your house is under renovation and you simply cannot host houseguests at the moment. Don’t stress yourself out...if they are true friends they will understand. If they are not...well...you will be back in the UK soon.
Hmmm a tough one with just a couple of days to go til the weekend.
Old Nov 14th 2018, 4:22 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry View Post
Hmmm a tough one with just a couple of days to go til the weekend.
Not if they asked yesterday or the day before.
Old Nov 14th 2018, 4:45 am
Finally mesh free!

Vitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl View Post
I would call and explain that your house is under renovation and you simply cannot host houseguests at the moment. Don’t stress yourself out...if they are true friends they will understand. If they are not...well...you will be back in the UK soon.
I would agree with this. Just say that Mr BEVS should've spoken to you first before committing. You'll feel so much relief for doing it. Better still, as Himself landed you in the sh1t, let him make the phone call and get you out of it!
Old Nov 14th 2018, 5:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

...And for extra satisfaction watch him squirm while he makes the call
Old Nov 14th 2018, 5:07 am
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS View Post
A pal is getting married this weekend.

Two days ago he phoned and asked if we could put up some pals of his. Husband went and said yes.

So now I have 'visitors' coming to stay over the weekend. People I do not know and have not met. I have a house not yet rid of winter ugh and unfinished part renovated bathroom . I was looking forward to the wedding . Now I am up to the eyeballs in work.

I'm fed up.
Don't blame the husband too much, be pleased that he's that nice and willing to say yes to a friend at short notice.

The bloke should not have asked. The pals should have sorted themselves out with accom.
We wouldn't dream of dumping ourselves on strangers like that
But also, **** them. Totally unacceptable to be looking for somewhere to stay for nothing only a few days before. Book a hotel you tight bastards.
Old Nov 14th 2018, 1:44 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

In the absence of a WTF in Ireland thread, I give you:

"In the trial, the defence lawyer told the jury: "You have to look at the way she was dressed. She was wearing a thong with a lace front."

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-46207304
Old Nov 14th 2018, 1:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
"In the trial, the defence lawyer told the jury: "You have to look at the way she was dressed. She was wearing a thong with a lace front."

But at least it got to a trial LiW - refer to the UK percentages of cases that never do, mainly due to the Police & CPS failures.
Old Nov 14th 2018, 1:52 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Un****ingbelievable.
Old Nov 14th 2018, 1:52 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 007Steve View Post
But at least it got to a trial LiW - refer to the UK percentages of cases that never do, mainly due to the Police & CPS failures.

Somehow this isn't as much consolation as one might at first hope.
Old Nov 14th 2018, 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse View Post
Un****ingbelievable.

Seems it's not just in schools that this is needed.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-43625672

Although you would think that "education" wouldn't be necessary.
Old Nov 14th 2018, 8:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

A sad reflection on the gap between public opinion and the legal system.

BUT, this will change after protests everywhere, including Dáil Éireann. Ireland is going through the growing pains of becoming a modern democracy, you don't shake off decades of suppression in five minutes.

Too late for the victim here, alas.......................
Old Nov 14th 2018, 8:55 pm
European

BuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond repute

A pal is getting married this weekend.

Two days ago he phoned and asked if we could put up some pals of his. Husband went and said yes.

So now I have 'visitors' coming to stay over the weekend. People I do not know and have not met. I have a house not yet rid of winter ugh and unfinished part renovated bathroom . I was looking forward to the wedding . Now I am up to the eyeballs in work.

I'm fed up.
Post #5484 onwards...

Mr BEVS went bad by not running it past BEVS up front.

But the original pal was somewhat out of order in the first place for requesting this imposition?

We don't take in anyone - apart from our girls - without consultation between the two of us, and that includes 'repeats'. We've learned.

BEVS, why would you feel bad about getting Mr BEVS to renege? It's a potential intrusion on your space after all. No cleaning whatever.

But no need to make or watch Mr BEVS squirm, that's just Paulry spouting his usual crap, totally unnecessary.

Two days ago (three now) was the timescale on this? Hmmm. Bit slack on the pal's planning front.

Whatever, Scamp's call is best in my opinion.

If that doesn't work, then 'see' his motel and raise him a hotel. Mininum 6 nights.
Old Nov 15th 2018, 2:40 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

BEVS you've probably collapsed in a twitching heap by now, but however it's panned out I hope you can at least enjoy the wedding. May I suggest getting royally sozzled while there (the groom/bride owes you!) and then take to your bed until the freeloaders have left.
Old Nov 15th 2018, 3:10 am

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse View Post
BEVS you've probably collapsed in a twitching heap by now, but however it's panned out I hope you can at least enjoy the wedding. May I suggest getting royally sozzled while there (the groom/bride owes you!) and then take to your bed until the freeloaders have left.
What's the best way to send cooking sherry to the southern hemisphere?
Old Nov 15th 2018, 3:18 am

Originally Posted by macliam View Post
A sad reflection on the gap between public opinion and the legal system.

BUT, this will change after protests everywhere, including Dáil Éireann. Ireland is going through the growing pains of becoming a modern democracy, you don't shake off decades of suppression in five minutes.

Too late for the victim here, alas.......................
I'm sure you're right, and by and large I put trust in the Irish people to put this right, especially after their accomplishment with respect to marriage for gay couples, no mean feat when the catholic church still holds such sway. But still, the lawyer that offered that defense... Wtf?

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.