Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

What has p*ssed you off today...part II

What has p*ssed you off today...part II

Old Nov 6th 2018, 8:33 pm
European

BuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What has p*ssed you off today...part II

Originally Posted by chawkins99 View Post
Spell checker works for me. Tested it on IE, Firefox & Edge. In Firefox, I can right-click in the reply box and enable/disable it but not in the other 2.
Yup, Firefox and Chrome are good, Edge not, don't have IE.

However, it's just a pathetic red squiggly line, and if I'm reading Annetje correctly it used to be more 'in your face'.

I have that vague recollection as well, but can't cite exactly what it was like before the 'enhancement'.
Old Nov 6th 2018, 8:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Annetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BuckinghamshireBoy View Post
Yup, Firefox and Chrome are good, Edge not, don't have IE.

However, it's just a pathetic red squiggly line, and if I'm reading Annetje correctly it used to be more 'in your face'.

I have that vague recollection as well, but can't cite exactly what it was like before the 'enhancement'.
Hm, I'm on FF and don't have it. Right click just gives
undo
cut
paste
etc
no spell check.

Even though it is activated in FF itself. Never mind.

It used to be in the right top corner where we have the ''Switch Editor mode'' now. I just clicked on it and had the spell check.

But never mind, I'll manage like I do now.

Thanks for your info Chawkins 99 !
Old Nov 7th 2018, 10:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bipat View Post
Yes thanks, you are correct ----5433!

What don't you agree with??? You think half the country hold these views???
I'd be surprised if it was half of one percent. And they probably wouldn't fit into a convenient "white middle class" compartment either.
Old Nov 7th 2018, 3:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry View Post
I'd be surprised if it was half of one percent. And they probably wouldn't fit into a convenient "white middle class" compartment either.
As by your own admission you don't live in the UK, and have not done so for many years, your 'surprise' is with due respect, of the literary superfluous-man kind imo.
FYI paulry, this is not an isolated incident. Most Saturday nights in the UK the Right take to the streets to incite violence in the major UK cities. Largely reported as alcohol-fuelled or binge-drinking violence the strategy of the Right is to occupy and own the streets as a cover for racial related crime. The police, largely now patrolling in name-only, do not have the resources to react - effectively they have lost control of the UK streets.
As Rohm observed, Take the streets and we take the nation.
Old Nov 7th 2018, 7:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 007Steve View Post
As by your own admission you don't live in the UK, and have not done so for many years, your 'surprise' is with due respect, of the literary superfluous-man kind imo.
FYI paulry, this is not an isolated incident. Most Saturday nights in the UK the Right take to the streets to incite violence in the major UK cities. Largely reported as alcohol-fuelled or binge-drinking violence the strategy of the Right is to occupy and own the streets as a cover for racial related crime. The police, largely now patrolling in name-only, do not have the resources to react - effectively they have lost control of the UK streets.
As Rohm observed, Take the streets and we take the nation.
It's not very many years ago that I lived in the UK and I was there as recently as 2 months ago.

"....your 'surprise' is with due respect, of the literary superfluous-man kind imo" . Trying my best to be respectful but really you're making me laugh too much now!

So it's not the white middle classes who "take to the streets to incite violence in the major UK cities", it is "the Right". But no, wait, it's worse: Its the binge drinkers who are "the Right"! And their strategy is to "occupy and own the streets as a cover for racial related crime".

And then you round off your post with a nazi quote.

Really Steve, mate, your post is 100% bonkers!
Old Nov 8th 2018, 1:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute

It's not very many years ago that I lived in the UK and I was there as recently as 2 months ago.

"....your 'surprise' is with due respect, of the literary superfluous-man kind imo" . Trying my best to be respectful but really you're making me laugh too much now!
So it's not the white middle classes who "take to the streets to incite violence in the major UK cities", it is "the Right". But no, wait, it's worse: Its the binge drinkers who are "the Right"! And their strategy is to "occupy and own the streets as a cover for racial related crime".
A nation unwilling to finance its public services, while 'hilarious' (sic) effigy bonfires appear on social media & stabbings on its non-policed streets.
Roll-on post 2019 - tick-tock tick-tock………
Never mind, this guy will make you feel sooooo good about yourself – at least he is white, AND he's middle-class, his message will appeal to you.
https://www.politico.eu/article/ukip...ahatma-gandhi/
Old Nov 8th 2018, 6:07 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

You missed out your time in S.A. and association with their security forces in one if the apartheid regimes failed incursions into neighbouring countries...
Old Nov 13th 2018, 2:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

chawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond repute

Call for UK ban on 'grotesquely sugary' freakshakes

I'll eat what the hell I like. This sort of thing is a once in a blue moon treat. Nobody eats one every day. I'm diabetic. I'd be stupid to eat the whole thing but just occasionally, I like to splurge. Just take some more insulin to compensate.

It also reminded me of this story last week:

Should there be a tax on red meat?

More from the Nanny state. The old story of we must legislate against stupidity.
Old Nov 13th 2018, 11:14 pm
BE Site Lead & Admin

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

A pal is getting married this weekend.

Two days ago he phoned and asked if we could put up some pals of his. Husband went and said yes.

So now I have 'visitors' coming to stay over the weekend. People I do not know and have not met. I have a house not yet rid of winter ugh and unfinished part renovated bathroom . I was looking forward to the wedding . Now I am up to the eyeballs in work.

I'm fed up.
Old Nov 13th 2018, 11:48 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS View Post
A pal is getting married this weekend.

Two days ago he phoned and asked if we could put up some pals of his. Husband went and said yes.

So now I have 'visitors' coming to stay over the weekend. People I do not know and have not met. I have a house not yet rid of winter ugh and unfinished part renovated bathroom . I was looking forward to the wedding . Now I am up to the eyeballs in work.

I'm fed up.
Oh bloody hell, no wonder you're fed up. As if you want strangers in your house, and all the work that goes with it! It can be a big enough strain having family to stay. I know from your posts that Mr BEVS is a nice chap, but what was he thinking?! I'd be tempted to take myself off somewhere else and leave him to it
Old Nov 14th 2018, 12:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse View Post
Oh bloody hell, no wonder you're fed up. As if you want strangers in your house, and all the work that goes with it! It can be a big enough strain having family to stay. I know from your posts that Mr BEVS is a nice chap, but what was he thinking?! I'd be tempted to take myself off somewhere else and leave him to it
My wife and I have a rule that we both try to stick to when it comes to things like that: "...I need to check with the other half".

Edit: It also provides that important cool-off period

Last edited by paulry; Nov 14th 2018 at 12:19 am.
Old Nov 14th 2018, 12:23 am
BE Site Lead & Admin

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse View Post
I dunno SoS. Maybe he felt put on the spot or caught on the hop or the mouth spoke before the brain engaged.
Once he saw my shock he did offer to phone back and renege but I would be embarassed at that. He's also offered to put me in a motel unit for the few days . Irony much.

The bloke should not have asked. The pals should have sorted themselves out with accom.
We wouldn't dream of dumping ourselves on strangers like that

I'm ker-nackered & I remain fed up.
Old Nov 14th 2018, 2:20 am

Sugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond repute

I dunno SoS. Maybe he felt put on the spot or caught on the hop or the mouth spoke before the brain engaged.
Once he saw my shock he did offer to phone back and renege but I would be embarassed at that. He's also offered to put me in a motel unit for the few days . Irony much.

The bloke should not have asked. The pals should have sorted themselves out with accom.
We wouldn't dream of dumping ourselves on strangers like that

I'm ker-nackered & I remain fed up.
Oops, Mr BEVS is in the dog house.

I would be straight with the guests and tell them you are not really ready for guests, what they see is what they get! Don't go chasing around getting it all pick and span, a quick clean up will do. Enjoy the wedding and then remind Mr B he owes you big time...you could be the one that gains out of this!
Old Nov 14th 2018, 3:17 am
BE Site Lead & Admin

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma View Post

I would be straight with the guests and tell them you are not really ready for guests
Aye. I shall do that as even with the cleaning and tidying it is still not the ticket for any sort of guest really, let alone strangers.

I've had to do fair amount of heavy duty cleaning. After winters the spare bedrooms tend to have grime and mould here and there plus it has just been heavy pollen season etc. + I had been leaving it in the hope the bathroom/shower room would be completed.

TBH I really don't want this at all. Privacy for one thing. Hostessing for another.
So tempted to do as SoS suggests and relieve myself of the bother.
Old Nov 14th 2018, 3:24 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Aye. I shall do that as even with the cleaning and tidying it is still not the ticket for any sort of guest really, let alone strangers.

I've had to do fair amount of heavy duty cleaning. After winters the spare bedrooms tend to have grime and mould here and there plus it has just been heavy pollen season etc. + I had been leaving it in the hope the bathroom/shower room would be completed.

TBH I really don't want this at all. Privacy for one thing. Hostessing for another.
So tempted to do as SoS suggests and relieve myself of the bother.
I would call and explain that your house is under renovation and you simply cannot host houseguests at the moment. Don’t stress yourself out...if they are true friends they will understand. If they are not...well...you will be back in the UK soon.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.