Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

What has p*ssed you off today...part II

What has p*ssed you off today...part II

Old Sep 12th 2018, 4:22 am

Sugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What has p*ssed you off today...part II

Originally Posted by Annetje View Post
This sounds like you need a sleep-in, coffee and breakfast in bed, getting up lazy, flicking through some newspapers, going for a long walk, having a nice lunch, siesta afterwords ready for apero, light snack for diner, relaxing in front of the tele and off to bed !!!

Sounds like I'm ready for a day like that

hmmm, we promise every weekend we will have at least one day like this but it never happens.

I am so ready to retire. I just wish my retirement fund agreed with me.
Old Sep 13th 2018, 2:21 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

How d'you deal with this logic:

Wife: We need to discuss xxx topic.
Me: Ok. But we agreed not to discuss / argue in front of the (grown-up) kids.
Wife: Ok, but when can we discuss.
Me: Any time.
Wife: But the kids are here now.
Me. Ok, any time after the kids are gone.
Wife: But you've got to be willing to change.
Me: I'm willing to discuss, and if we agree that I've got to change, I will.
Wife: Then there's no point in discussing.
Me: So I've got to agree to agree with you before we discuss?
Wife: If you won't change then there's not point in discussing.
Me: Maybe we both need to change...
Wife: If you don't agree, we can't discuss.

It continued ... ran out of ways of trying to explain that the whole point of discussing was to debate differing views, and not the foregone conclusion (as a condition precedent) that one side would accept the other side's view.

Still, at least she compassionately picked the morning of my mother's funeral to have that particular exchange.

Sometimes life sucks.
Old Sep 13th 2018, 10:15 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Won't affect me but will affect thousands of people. British Passports, time left on your old passport will NOT be added to a renewed passport in future, this isn't a warning about something coming in, it's already happening, so you need to delay renewal, except that, if there are Brexit problems UK passports will have to have several months, perhaps 6, validity to be allowed to travel to EU countries.
Old Sep 13th 2018, 11:18 pm
Newlywed

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy View Post
How d'you deal with this logic:

Wife: We need to discuss xxx topic.
Me: Ok. But we agreed not to discuss / argue in front of the (grown-up) kids.
Wife: Ok, but when can we discuss.
Me: Any time.
Wife: But the kids are here now.
Me. Ok, any time after the kids are gone.
Wife: But you've got to be willing to change.
Me: I'm willing to discuss, and if we agree that I've got to change, I will.
Wife: Then there's no point in discussing.
Me: So I've got to agree to agree with you before we discuss?
Wife: If you won't change then there's not point in discussing.
Me: Maybe we both need to change...
Wife: If you don't agree, we can't discuss.

It continued ... ran out of ways of trying to explain that the whole point of discussing was to debate differing views, and not the foregone conclusion (as a condition precedent) that one side would accept the other side's view.

Still, at least she compassionately picked the morning of my mother's funeral to have that particular exchange.

Sometimes life sucks.
Sorry about your mum.

It's strange what stress does. I'm not excusing your wife's really crap timing, but maybe the street of the funeral etc was a factor? I remember the seemingly odd things my ex husband (and probably myself) did and said around the time my son died.
Old Sep 14th 2018, 11:10 pm
Still mal-fonted. Why?

BuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 007Steve View Post
I hope OH signed his Daywork Sheet - thus avoiding a confrontation with a representative of Skilled Labour ....."Ish-like-dis-Gov; -you can't get the parts anymore - British, innit - went out wiv-'Shillings and d "...
The replacement straw-man operative turned up yesterday, his major achievement was to piss OH off even further, he couldn't tell his left from his right.

The original installation simply doesn't work as advertised/promised, several bits (technical term) need reviewing, replacing, re-installing.

Not impressed with this one, unusual for these parts.
Old Sep 14th 2018, 11:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs View Post
Won't affect me but will affect thousands of people. British Passports, time left on your old passport will NOT be added to a renewed passport in future, this isn't a warning about something coming in, it's already happening, so you need to delay renewal, except that, if there are Brexit problems UK passports will have to have several months, perhaps 6, validity to be allowed to travel to EU countries.
I still have my old Blue passport, maybe it will become valid again? Never did get an EU passport. Renewing my British passport seemed just too much bother.
Old Sep 17th 2018, 1:17 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Empty nest syndrome.

That's an embuggerance.
Old Sep 17th 2018, 1:29 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
Empty nest syndrome.

That's an embuggerance.
It's a difficult time, those first weeks and months hit hard. You've done so well to bring up a confident and intelligent young man who's able to work towards independence. For now, may I prescribe wine.
Old Sep 17th 2018, 1:39 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Empty nest syndrome.

That's an embuggerance.
I remember the feeling well...and it was replayed everytime she went back to uni after a visit. As Scouse said...give yourself a pat on the back for bringing up such an intelligent, confident young man.
Old Sep 17th 2018, 2:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Empty nest syndrome.

That's an embuggerance.
They come back!! With varying collection of possible future spouses! However, never, never do they empty those drawers and wardrobes with all their 'stuff' in.
If you are lucky there are always 'strings' to bring them back!
Old Sep 17th 2018, 3:39 pm
Newlywed

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Empty nest syndrome.

That's an embuggerance.
Yes it is.
Old Sep 17th 2018, 3:45 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks all. On the bright side, my groceries bill will now go down a lot.

Also, what do I do with all the odd socks left strewn on the floor of his room? Are the other halves of each pair in England, or have they fallen into a warp in the space-time continuum?
Old Sep 17th 2018, 6:29 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks all. On the bright side, my groceries bill will now go down a lot.

Also, what do I do with all the odd socks left strewn on the floor of his room? Are the other halves of each pair in England, or have they fallen into a warp in the space-time continuum?
Following on from your question about socks can anyone explain why it is only a single shoe you see by the side of roadways, motorway central reservations Tec.
Where is its other half.
Old Sep 17th 2018, 6:41 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EMR View Post
Following on from your question about socks can anyone explain why it is only a single shoe you see by the side of roadways, motorway central reservations Tec.
Amputee sex al fresco.
Old Sep 17th 2018, 7:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Jsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond repute

No affordable housing is a piss off.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.