Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

What has p*ssed you off today...part II

What has p*ssed you off today...part II

Old Aug 17th 2018, 11:20 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What has p*ssed you off today...part II

Originally Posted by Ingles View Post
Just a "heads up"
One off my Dog's bit me a couple off weeks ago , I was giving her a bath & she really did not want one
I cleaned it up etc etc :- but 5 day's later the end off my finger turned black - health centre - ambulance - cut all the diseased flesh away & bloody antibiotics that turned me into a "zombie"
Get your self to the medics ASAP
A dog's mouth is full off germs & the human body can't cope with them !
Thanks. I'm keeping a close eye on it. I may pop into the local "minute clinic" and see if they want to give me an antibiotic but so far healing appears to be happening in the normal way.
Old Aug 17th 2018, 11:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ingles View Post
Just a "heads up"
One off my Dog's bit me a couple off weeks ago , I was giving her a bath & she really did not want one
I cleaned it up etc etc :- but 5 day's later the end off my finger turned black - health centre - ambulance - cut all the diseased flesh away & bloody antibiotics that turned me into a "zombie"
Get your self to the medics ASAP
A dog's mouth is full off germs & the human body can't cope with them !
Main thing is to keep the wound 'open' don't put bandages on etc. Mouths/teeth ---that includes human have anaerobic bacteria which can cause gangrene, such bacteria die if there is no oxygen.
Old Aug 17th 2018, 11:40 am
BEfuddled

BuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
Thanks. I'm keeping a close eye on it. I may pop into the local "minute clinic" and see if they want to give me an antibiotic but so far healing appears to be happening in the normal way.
When you start howling at the moon, it's time to go to A&E.
Old Aug 17th 2018, 11:45 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bipat View Post
Main thing is to keep the wound 'open' don't put bandages on etc. Mouths/teeth ---that includes human have anaerobic bacteria which can cause gangrene, such bacteria die if there is no oxygen.
Wait, what? They die if there is no oxygen or if there is oxygen? I don't want to end up like Sir Ranulph Fienes, cutting off my own leg in the garden with the shears.

I can't put a bandage on it anyway, there's so much neosporin ointment on it that nothing will stick.

Last edited by Lion in Winter; Aug 17th 2018 at 11:50 am.
Old Aug 17th 2018, 11:47 am

Originally Posted by BuckinghamshireBoy View Post
When you start howling at the moon, it's time to go to A&E.
Bit late to start worrying about that
Old Aug 17th 2018, 11:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
Wait, what? They die if there is no oxygen of if there is oxygen? I don't want to end up like Sir Ranulph Fienes, cutting off my own leg in the garden with the shears.

I can't put a bandage on it anyway, there's so much neosporin ointment on it that nothing will stick.
Apologies+++** they die if there IS oxygen. So just wash the wound and leave open.

**Was so 'overcome' at the other post I was answering; EMR has a 'harem'!!!!
Old Aug 17th 2018, 11:56 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, the internet is definitely the best place to get medical advice
Old Aug 17th 2018, 11:57 am

Apologies+++** they die if there IS oxygen. So just wash the wound and leave open.

That's an EU benefit. It allows for free movement of wives.
Old Aug 17th 2018, 11:59 am

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy View Post
Yep, the internet is definitely the best place to get medical advice
Well it's cheap, and it beats uploading pictures of my Grisly Wound which is what Eric wanted me to do.
Old Aug 17th 2018, 12:11 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

"An anaerobic organism may be unicellular (e.g. protozoans, bacteria) or multicellular. For practical purposes, there are three categories of anaerobe: obligate anaerobes, which are harmed by the presence of oxygen; aerotolerant organisms, which cannot use oxygen for growth but tolerate its presence; and facultative anaerobes, which can grow without oxygen but use oxygen if it is present."

So you're pretty sure that gangrene-causing bacteria are obligate, are you? And that just keeping a wound open allows sufficient oxygen contact to harm the obligate anaerobes to a degree that will kill them before they can be transported elsewhere in the body where there is insufficient free oxygen to kill them? That sounds like stuff that maybe, say, a doctor might know ...

"Oh, don't fuss. I washed it under the tap. It'll be ok."
Old Aug 17th 2018, 12:15 pm
Hit 16's

Old Aug 17th 2018, 12:17 pm
Dedicated European

Expatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Maggots and / or leeches, that's the way to do it!
Old Aug 17th 2018, 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by Expatrick View Post
Maggots and / or leeches, that's the way to do it!
The Ranulph Fienes method sounds more attractive.
Old Aug 17th 2018, 12:20 pm
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

Dogs, cats, anything but today's visitor to the patio.....

Excuse the poor quality, but he's not a happy boy, so I'm keeping glass between him and me.

They say the sting is little worse than a bee sting - but they're the ones who haven't been stung!!
Old Aug 17th 2018, 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by macliam View Post
Dogs, cats, anything but today's visitor to the patio.....

Excuse the poor quality, but he's not a happy boy, so I'm keeping glass between him and me.

They say the sting is little worse than a bee sting - but they're the ones who haven't been stung!!
Is it a pet? You appear to be feeding it?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.