Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

What has p*ssed you off today...part II

What has p*ssed you off today...part II

Old May 10th 2016, 5:26 am
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What has p*ssed you off today...part II

Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
This is very insignificant and very brutal how I'll write it.

"Who's making the tea?"

How about you do, you lazy git. You haven't helped clear up after dinner, you haven't done anything of any use to ever help around our home.

Yes. I know you're on holiday, but you're living in our one-bed apartment, IN OUR BED and you sit there on your arse and make your daughter (my mrs) get up and make you tea by just telling someone to do it for you?

Sorry? You're tired? You think it's good that we gave you the ONLY bedroom we have because you like privacy? I like privacy too. I can have privacy AND you can have privacy if you stay in a hotel. Oh wait. This is like a hotel isn't it, but free. Especially the Air con. I know it's 32/90 outside at 0900 but if you get up and leave the apartment for the day with the air con set to meat locker again I'm going to ****ing charge you. Then I'll come to your house at Christmas and leave the ****ing doors open whilst your heating is on - bet you don't like that....no? Well don't ****ing leave the balcony doors open when the AC is trying to stop the apartment from matching the 40 ****ing degrees it is outside.

It all annoys me but it's just about tolerable. I can cope for a week, max.

TWO DAYS LEFT.
Nobody ever warns you about the horror of relatives visiting before you emigrate.

We foolishly thought his mother would never make the journey.

We were wrong.

Oh how we were wrong.
Old May 10th 2016, 5:41 am
Finally mesh free!

Vitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dreamy View Post
Nobody ever warns you about the horror of relatives visiting before you emigrate.

We were wrong.

Oh how we were wrong.
You should have come to New Zealand, the extra few hours on a plane may have been a journey too far. We've not had any rellies come to visit us

Scamp, you deserve a medal. The end is very nearly nigh
Old May 10th 2016, 5:41 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

We were wrong.

Oh how we were wrong.
My family don't talk to me, let alone visit.
Old May 10th 2016, 6:18 am
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

We were wrong.

Oh how we were wrong.
It's crippling me inside. I vent, like above, but then am filled with guilt because he's a nice guy and my mrs obviously loves her Dad to bits and thinks all these 'quirks' are funny. I hate them. But I must remain silient.

She doesn't like my Mum at all, so we're even at 1-1. She's a touch more vocal about that dislike than I ever would be about her Dad so it annoys me a bit but nevermind.

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix View Post
Scamp, you deserve a medal. The end is very nearly nigh
You're right. They're the last visitors before summer and it's too hot.

Our problem is we have separated parents, so it's 4 lots of visits. My Mum. My Dad. Her Mum. Her Dad.

They can't come all year because May-September is too hot. So it's Oct-April for the blast of people and the emptying of my bank account and the constant dinners out and drinks every night and painfully looking at photos of shit in Dubai Mall that they've seen.

Still, it's nice to have family and I shouldn't moan. We're lucky.
Old May 10th 2016, 10:08 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

"Who's making the tea?"

How about you do, you lazy git. You haven't helped clear up after dinner, you haven't done anything of any use to ever help around our home.

Yes. I know you're on holiday, but you're living in our one-bed apartment, IN OUR BED and you sit there on your arse and make your daughter (my mrs) get up and make you tea by just telling someone to do it for you?

Sorry? You're tired? You think it's good that we gave you the ONLY bedroom we have because you like privacy? I like privacy too. I can have privacy AND you can have privacy if you stay in a hotel. Oh wait. This is like a hotel isn't it, but free. Especially the Air con. I know it's 32/90 outside at 0900 but if you get up and leave the apartment for the day with the air con set to meat locker again I'm going to ****ing charge you. Then I'll come to your house at Christmas and leave the ****ing doors open whilst your heating is on - bet you don't like that....no? Well don't ****ing leave the balcony doors open when the AC is trying to stop the apartment from matching the 40 ****ing degrees it is outside.

TWO DAYS LEFT.

Old May 10th 2016, 12:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

dj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond repute

"Who's making the tea?"

TWO DAYS LEFT.

Old May 12th 2016, 6:45 am
Finally mesh free!

Vitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond repute

Have been for an ultrasound scan today to check how my femoral hernia repair is getting along. It hasn't stopped being sore since my op last October. This was the second time it has been repaired and the consultant banged in some mesh to help.

Imagine my disbelief when the sonographer reports that the hernia is still there . I vaguely remember the registrar muttering something about the consultant not being able to find anything when I went back 3 months post-surgery.

Somewhat confused and pissed off this evening.
Old May 12th 2016, 6:47 am
Somewhere

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

"Who's making the tea?"

TWO DAYS LEFT.
Candidate for post of the year.
Old May 12th 2016, 7:11 am
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS View Post
Candidate for post of the year.
LEAVING DAY.

I got drunk last night with them, which was pleasant....foolish given todays hangover and workload but pleasant nonetheless.

In my foolhardy state I offered to take them to the airport instead of going for my Thursday kebab.

I regret this decision because;
1. I can't really be arsed.
2. I really enjoy a Thursday kebab.
3. I'm now hungover, because of them and because of them I can't have a good hangover lunch...eg; a ****ing great kebab.

BUT

I am pleased with this decision because, ultimately;
1. I get to practice being super nice and polite and not revealing my true feelings of no-kebab-anguish.
2. The mrs has already messaged me saying how much she appreciates it. #browniepoints #bankthisgooddeedforlater
3. It's nice to be nice.
4. I get my own bed back tonight.
5. I can personally verify that they reach the airport on time and I can wave them off into the departure halls. (Gosh, that sounds quite nasty).

I hope everyone else has a wicked great day like I will try to.
Old May 12th 2016, 8:32 am
She'll be right

Pom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond repute

Not just me with faulty parents then? Good to know. "Oh we're coming to visit you for three weeks" actually meant we're going to watch you spend money on 3 weeks of food, cook it AND eff off to the lounge whilst you clear up...
Old May 12th 2016, 10:23 am
Somewhere

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pom_Chch View Post
Not just me with faulty parents then? Good to know. "Oh we're coming to visit you for three weeks" actually meant we're going to watch you spend money on 3 weeks of food, cook it AND eff off to the lounge whilst you clear up...
You left. You said it was OK. They spent the money to see you . You spend your money on other sorts of hols and trips . You do the hard yards. You take the hit and understand your parents love you enough to do that totally rotten double long haul trip.

Many of us never get this lovely chance for our parents to spend time with us so very very far away.
Old May 12th 2016, 10:28 am
WWLLCJD?

MISSION COMPLETE.

Dropped at the airport with much admiration for my lunchtime efforts and being so kind as to drive them around.

Actually left me feeling a touch guilty for moaning about them since they were so grateful for our hospitality.
Old May 12th 2016, 10:53 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Trayvon Martin gun to be auctioned by George Zimmerman - BBC News

Really? Auction the gun that he used to kill with as some kind of trophy?

Obviously he is unhinged as well as repulsive but is someone really going to buy it.

This country boggles the mind sometimes.
Old May 12th 2016, 10:54 am
Finally mesh free!

MISSION COMPLETE.

Dropped at the airport with much admiration for my lunchtime efforts and being so kind as to drive them around.

Actually left me feeling a touch guilty for moaning about them since they were so grateful for our hospitality.
It's okay, you'll soon hate them for making YOU feel guilty . How dare they when you've given up your bed , a kebab and everything

Enjoy having the place to just yourselves again.
Old May 12th 2016, 10:59 am

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

I have Kebab envy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.