Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

What has p*ssed you off today...part II

What has p*ssed you off today...part II

Old May 1st 2016, 10:13 am
Newlywed

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What has p*ssed you off today...part II

Any of these of use to you?
Old May 1st 2016, 10:19 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy View Post

Any of these of use to you?
All of them. Repeatedly.
Old May 1st 2016, 2:38 pm

Sugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
I'm with you there. No store is so huge that you can't haul your fat arse back to the shelf you got an item from to put it back if you don't want it. I do that all the time.

Also, **** people who can't put trolleys back in the designated storage areas in the car park. Ever bloody day I see millions of lazy mother****ers who just dump them at their arse and drive off, often blocking a parking space. Twats.
Agree

It's really annoying when it looks like the item you want is not where it should be and it may be sitting somewhere else. Especially when customer service insist they have that certain item.

Also I wonder how many dings and dents on vehicles are from trolleys rolling around store parking lots.
Old May 1st 2016, 8:55 pm
Newlywed

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma View Post

Also I wonder how many dings and dents on vehicles are from trolleys rolling around store parking lots.
All of them.
Old May 2nd 2016, 1:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse View Post
You're just the loveliest person Dorothy Things are better now, I'm at my oldest sister's house and we're the two most alike out of all the siblings so I feel very relaxed here. We're going down to Prevelly tomorrow for a week, just the two of us, which will do me (and her!) the world of good.

The week after that all the sisterhood (4 of us) are going down to Margaret River, and the week after that another sister and I are going to Bali, next time I come there won't be so much dashing about the place.

Thanks to everyone who replied to my overwhelmed self, you all made me feel a lot better and not anywhere near as bonkers as I thought I was
Glad I read through before commenting. Happy you have settled in a bit better. Enjoy the time you have left with the family. You'll be back to Scouse and Murphy in no time xx
Old May 2nd 2016, 2:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS View Post
The way my husband has been treated by close members of his family following his Mum dying.

That really.

This is the man, my husband, that went home every year to help his Mum and his uncle. This is not cheap from Nz . It is very very expensive. Money was not the issue. Love was. Weeks at a time.

This is the couple that ensured his Mum and Uncle would be able to remain in their own home when the sister wanted them in a one bedroom flat for the very elderly & the dosh in a trust account in her kids name. The uncle was my age at the time.

This is the couple that took his Mum on hols when the sister would not do so.

This is the son and wife that paid for the Mum to upgrade her and her brother's new home after that new home was found by myself and my husband after their own home had to be compulsory purchased and the sister stated they could not have their own home.
That would be his late Mum RIp Jan 2016 and his uncle that he grew up with and whom he shared a bedroom for decades.

That man now says he does not want to hear from my husband again.

I am beyond shocked or despair or anything.
So sorry BEVS. The no-good SOB. It is disheartening when you know you have poured your heart and soul into trying to make someone's life better and all you get for it is the shut-out. Something's not right in that family and it may be that Mr. BEVS is better off not being a part of it. Hang in there.
Old May 2nd 2016, 2:09 am
BE Forum Addict

People who have the sprinklers on at 6:00 am when I am out for my walk. I am having to dodge the morning traffic leaving the neighbourhood since said sprinklers are pissing more on the sidewalks than on the lawn. I consider my morning walk a meditative affair and this business it putting a dent in it. Why ffs can't they turn them on in the middle of the night? On second thought, can we just ban lawns altogether? Total waste of water.
Old May 2nd 2016, 4:37 am
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

All of them.
Oh no. Here in Dubai it's absolutely, 100% perfectly acceptable to fling your car door open and use the next car as the rest. It happened to me whilst I was sat in my car, with the window open. Guy next just opened door, let it bounce off my car twice and didn't even notice. I obviously, went mental (having prepared for this situation for about 30secs)...his response; "It's OK, it's not a problem".

Old May 2nd 2016, 9:48 am
Finally mesh free!

Vitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond repute

Finding out that my sister-in-law's cancer has returned after 16 years.. I've just had a chat with her and she has had surgery to remove it from her bones, so hopefully it will stay away for at least another 16 years with treatment .

Cancer is just a pisser.
Old May 2nd 2016, 1:33 pm
Grove 4 Life

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dj6372 View Post
FFS Sultan its easy!

They are more awake on the days they are not, except when the weight of the day is equal to the square root of Tuesday and the inside leg of the dog is a weight day, but only does the running day fall asleep on a pivot of the 9.30 sleepy banana, egg and chips for dinner.
How did I not see that the first time ... ?

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma View Post
I've seen one happen. Trolley was caught by a gust of wind and went flying across the car park and slammed into another car. I couldn't get out of my car quick enough to stop it. Don't know if it left a dent or a ding but it was going a fair clip.
Old May 3rd 2016, 12:44 am
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix View Post
Finding out that my sister-in-law's cancer has returned after 16 years.. I've just had a chat with her and she has had surgery to remove it from her bones, so hopefully it will stay away for at least another 16 years with treatment .

Cancer is just a pisser.
It really is.

We've just found out that my first MIL's partner has a carcinoma in his chest, which they think could be mesothelioma.

He used to be a wagon driver, and one of his deliveries was sheets of asbestos

Still early stages - not had a biopsy yet and meets with the oncologist team tomorrow so we'll hopefully know more about treatment/pain management then.

Don't really know the bloke that much - she took up with him after we moved to Australia, but they did visit us for a few weeks. But my poor MIL, she's already had to bury one husband and a son, and her health isn't the best at the moment either and Ray has brought a lot of happiness to her life since my father-in-law died.

It's all pretty shit.

Fingers crossed for your sister-in-law
Old May 3rd 2016, 1:25 am
Newlywed

After the last couple of posts my whinge seems pretty insignificant.

I'm really sorry VS and my lovely friend Dreamy. Cancer is indeed a pisser.
Old May 3rd 2016, 2:42 am
Finally mesh free!

Vitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond repute

After the last couple of posts my whinge seems pretty insignificant.

I'm really sorry VS and my lovely friend Dreamy. Cancer is indeed a pisser.
Thanks Dorothy but all of life's tribulations whether large or small can piss us off. I think its cathartic to have a good old whinge about stuff whatever it may be. I get seriously pissed off about a lot of stuff living in NZ and could be on here all day whinging. I sit on my hands most of the time!

I'm so sorry to hear of your poor MIL's partner's illness Dreamy. What a huge blow for them both. Mother Nature is a right tart. for him and your Mum too.
Old May 10th 2016, 4:36 am
Are we there yet?

Trixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond repute

Small in the scale of things.... Cancer is indeed a pisser.

BUT People who don't understand that Rugby is about sportsmanship and recognizing good game play, even if it is from the opposition. It's not acceptable to aggressively berate an oppositions player by shouting insults because he's out playing you. It's not big, its not clever, and you're showing your ignorance of the game.

Last edited by Trixie_b; May 10th 2016 at 5:45 am.
Old May 10th 2016, 5:04 am
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

This is very insignificant and very brutal how I'll write it.

"Who's making the tea?"

How about you do, you lazy git. You haven't helped clear up after dinner, you haven't done anything of any use to ever help around our home.

Yes. I know you're on holiday, but you're living in our one-bed apartment, IN OUR BED and you sit there on your arse and make your daughter (my mrs) get up and make you tea by just telling someone to do it for you?

Sorry? You're tired? You think it's good that we gave you the ONLY bedroom we have because you like privacy? I like privacy too. I can have privacy AND you can have privacy if you stay in a hotel. Oh wait. This is like a hotel isn't it, but free. Especially the Air con. I know it's 32/90 outside at 0900 but if you get up and leave the apartment for the day with the air con set to meat locker again I'm going to ****ing charge you. Then I'll come to your house at Christmas and leave the ****ing doors open whilst your heating is on - bet you don't like that....no? Well don't ****ing leave the balcony doors open when the AC is trying to stop the apartment from matching the 40 ****ing degrees it is outside.

It all annoys me but it's just about tolerable. I can cope for a week, max.

TWO DAYS LEFT.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.