Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

What has p*ssed you off today...part II

What has p*ssed you off today...part II

Old Apr 28th 2017, 4:22 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What has p*ssed you off today...part II

Originally Posted by Perth View Post
So sorry you didn't. I would have loved to have heard the answer! Wanker indeed
Hello lovely, welcome back to BE land! Hope you're settling in well and it's all you hoped for.

Re the wanker, OMG my jaw is only just beginning to unlock!
Old Apr 28th 2017, 7:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse View Post
Hello lovely, welcome back to BE land! Hope you're settling in well and it's all you hoped for.

Re the wanker, OMG my jaw is only just beginning to unlock!
It is everything and more

I started a diary and since April 9th I have written 13 pages and 5,000 words on all the wonderful experiences we've already had so far. (I couldn't have written that much in a year in the US).

I suppose now that I've admitted that you'll be expecting me to post in Back Home forthwith
Old Apr 28th 2017, 7:26 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Perth View Post
It is everything and more

I started a diary and since April 9th I have written 13 pages and 5,000 words on all the wonderful experiences we've already had so far. (I couldn't have written that much in a year in the US).

I suppose now that I've admitted that you'll be expecting me to post in Back Home forthwith
I can't expect what I myself have failed miserably to do

I had a feeling you'd take to Brit life like a duck to water and I'm so glad I was right (notice how that was all about me!)

If you publish those diaries I'll buy a copy! Please leave out the gratuitous sex and violence
Old Apr 28th 2017, 7:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

I can't expect what I myself have failed miserably to do

I had a feeling you'd take to Brit life like a duck to water and I'm so glad I was right (notice how that was all about me!)

If you publish those diaries I'll buy a copy! Please leave out the gratuitous sex and violence
Oh thank god. I will have to read all 13 pages in order to condense it for BE and I haven't the time

It has surpassed all expectations and I am wildly happy - there, now it's all about MEEEE (even though YOU were right!)

I have nothing so titillating to tell, I'm afraid. Sorry to disapoint
Old Apr 28th 2017, 10:30 pm
Banned

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute

Bumper to bumper traffic on the freeway crawling along at less than 10 MPH, numpties taking the off ramps and then the on ramps to gain a bit of yardage
Old Apr 29th 2017, 12:02 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Best friend in the UK posted some photos of a night out with some friends. For the first time ever I felt desperately homesick and miserable and I have no idea why but it pissed me off a lot.
Old Apr 29th 2017, 6:18 am
Somewhere

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

Spoilers !

Skrinking scruddy spongesoak spoilers.

Has done me head in.

Pah !
Old Apr 29th 2017, 6:35 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by BEVS View Post
Spoilers !

Skrinking scruddy spongesoak spoilers.

Has done me head in.

Pah !
That reminds me - who killed JR?
Old Apr 29th 2017, 6:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute

Courtesy of my maternal grandmother who was born on the Wirral, I have quite a few distant cousins living in NW England. I've been speaking with some of them on FB for years, and yesterday one of them and her husband came to visit.She was nice. He turned the visit into 4 hours of unmitigated hell. You'll all recognize the type.

He wasn't at all interested in us, it was all about him.

Every time anyone tried to contribute to his monologue, they'd be totally ignored and he just kept on talking.

His wife tried to cut him off a few times by asking us about our travels, with predictable results. Everywhere we'd been, he'd been too but more times. Everywhere we'd been that he hadn't, he'd say (with a look of distaste on his mug) that he'd never had a desire to travel to there.

I was telling my cousin about a great experience we had travelling on the Reunification Express train in Vietnam, sharing a sleeper cabin with 4 Vietnamese lads. There went that look of distaste again - 'oh, I wouldn't do that. It's first class for us, all the way'.

He couldn't be doing with a courtyard like ours, he likes his big garden. I was so bloody tempted to ask if it had room for a pony.

My cousin wanted a look around our house. She loved the bathroom, we knocked down a wall and ripped out cupboards to make a huge space that includes a large walk in shower. She was saying to him how lovely it is, and he snapped 'yes yes yes, it's a bathroom'

By the time they left my jaw was aching from keeping a fixed smile on my face and I had a thumping headache. As he drove off, he yelled out the window 'we must do this again soon!' As we Aussies say, pig's arse! What a wanker
Ha! Spouce..sympathise! . Just endured a very long evening with one such 'bore' His method was simple to shout anyone down who dared to interrupt his monologue. He was wedged (the now ,usual overweight Brit) between me and another woman,obviously to his disgust. I actually managed to shut him up at one point after he was banging on about the golf club he played at being superior to the one I played at. 'He wouldn't join that one because he was a 'long hitter'(Gag)and he would lose too many balls in it's extensive 'rough'

I said 'Oh dear! yes it does tend to punish anyone who can't be accurate!!! Ta da.. His face was a picture .. puce (drank too much as well) and flabbergasted.

Last edited by GeniB; Apr 29th 2017 at 7:03 am.
Old Apr 29th 2017, 7:02 am
Concierge

Nice one Geni
Old Apr 29th 2017, 7:12 am
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GeniB View Post
Ha! Spouce..sympathise! . Just endured a very long evening with one such 'bore' His method was simple to shout anyone down who dared to interrupt his monologue. He was wedged (the now ,usual overweight Brit) between me and another woman,obviously to his disgust. I actually managed to shut him up at one point after he was banging on about the golf club he played at being superior to the one I played at. 'He wouldn't join that one because he was a 'long hitter'(Gag)and he would lose too many balls in it's extensive 'rough'

I said 'Oh dear! yes it does tend to punish anyone who can't be accurate!!! Ta da.. His face was a picture .. puce (drank too much as well) and flabbergasted.
It sounds like you and my oh would get on very well discussing the atitude of many men towards women who play golf.
Do you play at Espiiche ?
Please don't, t get me started on slow play, buggy abuse, the atitude of different nationalities etc etc etc.
Old Apr 30th 2017, 12:04 am
Somewhere

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 View Post
Best friend in the UK posted some photos of a night out with some friends. For the first time ever I felt desperately homesick and miserable and I have no idea why but it pissed me off a lot.
Because it was a stonking good night out & you couldn't be in on it with her.

Annoying innit
Old Apr 30th 2017, 5:51 am
Newlywed

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

I put down a 2 part epoxy metallic floor system in the garage at the new house exactly as directed. I did all the prep, made sure that the floor was dry, went at 7 am so not too hot yet. Bloody thing is full of bubbles. Bubbles that when they pop leave big craters in the epoxy. $500 worth of stuff and hours of prep/application for bubbles!
Attached Thumbnails What has p*ssed you off today...part II-20170430_131708.jpg  

Last edited by Dorothy; Apr 30th 2017 at 5:57 am.
Old Apr 30th 2017, 9:24 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy View Post
I put down a 2 part epoxy metallic floor system in the garage at the new house exactly as directed. I did all the prep, made sure that the floor was dry, went at 7 am so not too hot yet. Bloody thing is full of bubbles. Bubbles that when they pop leave big craters in the epoxy. $500 worth of stuff and hours of prep/application for bubbles!
Can you complain to the manufacturers or at least the shop where you bought it? We put some 'special' garage/car port floor paint' down in the car port, chunks have lifted and if you walk normally when it's raining you tend to skid from one end to the other.
Old Apr 30th 2017, 10:55 am
Newlywed

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 View Post
Can you complain to the manufacturers or at least the shop where you bought it? We put some 'special' garage/car port floor paint' down in the car port, chunks have lifted and if you walk normally when it's raining you tend to skid from one end to the other.
I'm going to ring in the morning.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.