Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

We're doomed. Doomed!

We're doomed. Doomed!

Old Jan 31st 2020, 2:18 pm
Hail Satan!

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: We're doomed. Doomed!

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
That was probably the character-building Australian method, developed to prepare you for a life with so much fauna that tries to kill you.

We got currant buns, with shiny tops. Early milk was in bottles, and then it changed to a three pointed tetrapack that you had to push a straw into.
Hang on, I'm kind of with the other SOS on this one. You got buns? I hate currant buns so of course it's of little consequence, but we just got milk. Glass 1/3 pint bottles you stuck a straw in, that had been sitting at the front of the classroom all morning.
Old Jan 31st 2020, 2:21 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

That was probably the character-building Australian method, developed to prepare you for a life with so much fauna that tries to kill you.

We got currant buns, with shiny tops. Early milk was in bottles, and then it changed to a three pointed tetrapack that you had to push a straw into.
Nothing so reasoned, I'm afraid. It was the fat-arsed milkman who couldn't be bothered carting the crates up the steps, so he'd just drop them on the side of the driveway. Which was probably a rather mild crime compared to his constant invitations to the girls to jump up into his truck 'so I can see what colour knickers you have on', with a cold bottle of milk as the reward. Obviously no stranger danger education when I was a kid.
Old Jan 31st 2020, 2:24 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Anyway, I'm definitely doomed. Doomed! My sister's been crook this week with a chest infection so I've been taking her dinners etc. Her doc rang her today with the results of her throat and nose swabs, what she actually has is influenza A. I'll probably be dead by morning.
Old Jan 31st 2020, 2:26 pm
Hail Satan!

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse View Post
Anyway, I'm definitely doomed. Doomed! My sister's been crook this week with a chest infection so I've been taking her dinners etc. Her doc rang her today with the results of her throat and nose swabs, what she actually has is influenza A. I'll probably be dead by morning.
At least try to hang on until April so you can see Hendo lift the trophy before you pop off.
Old Jan 31st 2020, 2:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
Hang on, I'm kind of with the other SOS on this one. You got buns? I hate currant buns so of course it's of little consequence, but we just got milk. Glass 1/3 pint bottles you stuck a straw in, that had been sitting at the front of the classroom all morning.
What about school dinners? 'Stodge' with bacon bits in, dessert 'stodge' with bits of dates in and custard. I was table monitor, so I could pile the other plates on top of my full plate when it was semolina or tapioca (couldn't stand the milk)!
Old Jan 31st 2020, 2:34 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
At least try to hang on until April so you can see Hendo lift the trophy before you pop off.
Forgot about that! Ok, my death is postponed for a few months.

I'll be in the Liverpool from 21 April so I'm hoping there'll be street parties and bunting and people running around wearing silly hats and stuff. Wonder what the Blues will be doing
Old Jan 31st 2020, 2:36 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Bipat View Post
What about school dinners? 'Stodge' with bacon bits in, dessert 'stodge' with bits of dates in and custard. I was table monitor, so I could pile the other plates on top of my full plate when it was semolina or tapioca (couldn't stand the milk)!
We didn't get school dinners either. Poor colonial cousins
Old Jan 31st 2020, 2:37 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Buns? I feel hard done by now.
Old Jan 31st 2020, 2:40 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Stodge? You were lucky. We got watery. As in cabbage that had been boiled for about three hours and was swimming around in greenish water in little bits.

Although, now that you mention it, I do remember one memorable school meal consisting of tinned spaghetti, reconstituted mashed potato, followed by a sponge pud.
Old Jan 31st 2020, 2:40 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

We didn't get school dinners either. Poor colonial cousins

Wtf? Were you allowed to eat at all?
Old Jan 31st 2020, 2:42 pm
Concierge

Wtf? Were you allowed to eat at all?
Usually a vegemite sandwich that had been sitting in a hot lunchbox for hours. So a vegemite toasty, really.
Old Jan 31st 2020, 2:43 pm
Hail Satan!

I brought in a packed lunch usually, so I only had school dinners every once in a while. Usually it was fish cakes or a crappy, dry burger with no cheese on it, some (actually halfway decent) chips, and dessert had ridiculous amounts of custard on it.

Forgot about that! Ok, my death is postponed for a few months.

I'll be in the Liverpool from 21 April so I'm hoping there'll be street parties and bunting and people running around wearing silly hats and stuff. Wonder what the Blues will be doing
Right now, if everything stays the same and we win all our matches between now and then, it will be won on the 4th, after we play City. The presentation will be at the next home match (Villa on the 11th) as far as I know. No way the parties will have stopped before the 21st

If we keep winning, and the UAE drop points, we'll win it at home to Palace on MARCH 21st. March!

The blueshite will hopefully be battling relegation, but will certainly be crying.