Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

We're doomed. Doomed!

We're doomed. Doomed!

Old Jan 29th 2020, 7:26 pm
Lt Col (Retd)

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: We're doomed. Doomed!

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
So you're to blame then.
For what? .... Or are you just channeling Mrs P.
Old Jan 29th 2020, 10:49 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski View Post
For what?
All that greenhouse gas. Gallons of milk.
Or do you run your car on it?
Old Jan 30th 2020, 9:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
Milk's kind of weird when you think about it. Obviously there's no denying its uses, and butter is one of the greatest inventions in the history of mankind, but we're the only species in the world that not only drinks milk in adulthood, but drinks the milk of another species to boot. Cats and dogs don't count because they only drink milk we provide them, and they're not really supposed to have it anyway.
That whole argument was once brought up on a BBC documentary about breast-feeding your kids. ie Why were you giving them the milk of another species? ,and then wondering why they got asthma ,allergies ,fat etc. One graphic part of the programme had a bunch of people standing in a circle holding up cards with the name of all the vitamins , minerals ,essential bacteria in breast milk on them, ( big circle )One by one they had to put the cards down if they weren't in cows milk. You can guess the result. only two cards left standing.. Cows milk is for calves... end of
Old Jan 30th 2020, 11:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GeniB View Post
That whole argument was once brought up on a BBC documentary about breast-feeding your kids. ie Why were you giving them the milk of another species? ,and then wondering why they got asthma ,allergies ,fat etc. One graphic part of the programme had a bunch of people standing in a circle holding up cards with the name of all the vitamins , minerals ,essential bacteria in breast milk on them, ( big circle )One by one they had to put the cards down if they weren't in cows milk. You can guess the result. only two cards left standing.. Cows milk is for calves... end of
GeniB----How does shaming women who are unable to breast feed their babies help. There are many reasons for asthma, allergies, obesity etc. that are nothing to do with breast feeding.
Throughout history cow milk has saved countless lives of children and adults in poverty and hard times.
Old Jan 30th 2020, 2:08 pm
Hail Satan!

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GeniB View Post
Not everyone can breastfeed though, so I'm not into that kind of shaming at all. There is nothing wrong with formula. I was formula fed, my daughter had to be formula fed because if my wife didn't take her blood pressure medications she would actually die.

Anyway, I just said it's *weird* that we drink the milk of other species, I'm not in any way against it except that I don't enjoy the taste.
Old Jan 30th 2020, 2:18 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Not everyone can breastfeed though, so I'm not into that kind of shaming at all. There is nothing wrong with formula. I was formula fed, my daughter had to be formula fed because if my wife didn't take her blood pressure medications she would actually die.

Anyway, I just said it's *weird* that we drink the milk of other species, I'm not in any way against it except that I don't enjoy the taste.
I like cow's milk but like most things it's down to personal taste, scouse isn't a fan either. I like it extra cold on my cornflakes, I wouldn't like to replace it with breast milk
Old Jan 30th 2020, 2:19 pm
Hail Satan!

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse View Post
I like cow's milk but like most things it's down to personal taste, scouse isn't a fan either. I like it extra cold on my cornflakes, I wouldn't like to replace it with breast milk
I can use milk on cereal because it picks up the flavor, and I put it in tea. I just can't sit down and drink a glass of it when it isn't in its chocolate form.
Old Jan 30th 2020, 2:53 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Waiving these sanctions seems like a little patch on a big problem, caused by Trump breaking the Iran deal. If he's counting on Netanyahu to be the guardian and destroy Iranian nuclear facilities if and when they think a bomb is being developed (as they have promised), he's putting a lot of trust in someone possibly as corrupt and morally bankrupt as himself. Since Israeli intelligence on Iran's nuclear program is probably better than anyone else's, that makes sense, but like Trump, Netanyahu can't be trusted to act in national interests and not his own. There are no savory players there; all nations involved have brutal and undemocratic aspects to their governments. The United Nations is toothless and useless as long as UNSC members have the power of veto and don't have to obey resolutions against them. They're only good for policing 3rd world brush-fire wars.
https://ca.reuters.com/article/topNews/idCAKBN1ZT1PW
Old Jan 30th 2020, 2:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Boiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond repute

Milk sanctions?
Old Jan 30th 2020, 4:36 pm
Hail Satan!

If we truly are doomed to the inevitability of a nuclear attack, I have found a handy guide to help us get through such trying times.

Old Jan 30th 2020, 4:43 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

If we truly are doomed to the inevitability of a nuclear attack, I have found a handy guide to help us get through such trying times.
What on earth did I just see?
Old Jan 30th 2020, 4:51 pm
Hail Satan!

The single most comprehensive guide for surviving a nuclear attack that has ever been compiled, that's what you just saw.

Chris (Simpsons artist)
Old Jan 30th 2020, 5:32 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't want to say anything.
Old Jan 30th 2020, 5:37 pm
Hail Satan!

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
I didn't want to say anything.
His stuff is brilliant, seriously check out the link I posted. You won't regret it.
Old Jan 30th 2020, 6:31 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I can use milk on cereal because it picks up the flavor, and I put it in tea. I just can't sit down and drink a glass of it when it isn't in its chocolate form.
gag...can’t abide soggy cereal. Double gag...the very thought of hot milk.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.