Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

We're doomed. Doomed!

We're doomed. Doomed!

Old Jan 25th 2020, 7:05 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: We're doomed. Doomed!

Old Jan 27th 2020, 2:29 pm
Hail Satan!

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tumbleweedly View Post
I'd like to have a little berth on the Red Dwarf ! I could get along with the crew there better than most places on earth. Even if Cat does have dangerous animal dna.
Old Jan 29th 2020, 12:07 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

According to a news report I read today, a glass of dairy milk produces almost three times more greenhouse gas than any plant-based milk.

That's okay, I never drink a glass of milk. I just pour it from the carton onto my cereal or mix it with concentrated soup sometimes.

My conscience is clear.

Seriously though, the report goes on to say that the alternatives all have their issues. And no mention of goat milk?
Old Jan 29th 2020, 2:24 pm
Hail Satan!

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
According to a news report I read today, a glass of dairy milk produces almost three times more greenhouse gas than any plant-based milk.

That's okay, I never drink a glass of milk. I just pour it from the carton onto my cereal or mix it with concentrated soup sometimes.

My conscience is clear.

Seriously though, the report goes on to say that the alternatives all have their issues. And no mention of goat milk?
Milk's kind of weird when you think about it. Obviously there's no denying its uses, and butter is one of the greatest inventions in the history of mankind, but we're the only species in the world that not only drinks milk in adulthood, but drinks the milk of another species to boot. Cats and dogs don't count because they only drink milk we provide them, and they're not really supposed to have it anyway.
Old Jan 29th 2020, 2:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

KJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond repute

My conscience is clear.

I love the stuff, drink gallons of it. I think though that it is the cow that's producing the gas, not the milk!!! I love cows too but could never eat a whole one!!!
Old Jan 29th 2020, 2:36 pm
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
...we're the only species in the world that not only drinks milk in adulthood, but drinks the milk of another species to boot. .
If other species were to go for a night out on beer, maybe they'd use it as a stomach liner too.
Old Jan 29th 2020, 2:39 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Milk's kind of weird when you think about it. Obviously there's no denying its uses, and butter is one of the greatest inventions in the history of mankind, but we're the only species in the world that not only drinks milk in adulthood, but drinks the milk of another species to boot. Cats and dogs don't count because they only drink milk we provide them, and they're not really supposed to have it anyway.
The only milk I consider lethal is skim milk. Events pushing the doomsday clock forward, like rising sea levels, increase in violent storms making sea and air travel unsafe and causing unknown damage on the ground, the collapse of the INF treaty, North Korea, renewed arms races between all the major world powers and conflict on many fronts around the globe threatening to break into war all make milk look like small stuff. We were trained for nuclear war in the early 60's; you quickly crawl under your school desk and put your arms over your head. I put Half & Half in my coffee and on my porridge, for other applications I cut it with water to approximate 2% or whole milk as needed.
Old Jan 29th 2020, 2:47 pm
Hail Satan!

If other species were to go for a night out on beer, maybe they'd use it as a stomach liner too.
Other species get wasted all the time. You never see a wasp drinking milk before getting wankered on fermenting fruit, do you?

Originally Posted by caretaker View Post
The only milk I consider lethal is skim milk. Events pushing the doomsday clock forward, like rising sea levels, increase in violent storms making sea and air travel unsafe and causing unknown damage on the ground, the collapse of the INF treaty, North Korea, renewed arms races between all the major world powers and conflict on many fronts around the globe threatening to break into war all make milk look like small stuff. We were trained for nuclear war in the early 60's; you quickly crawl under your school desk and put your arms over your head. I put Half & Half in my coffee and on my porridge, for other applications I cut it with water to approximate 2% or whole milk as needed.
That was a wild ride.
Old Jan 29th 2020, 2:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

I drink only skim milk in tea etc.----hated milk as a child---kept in after school on first day when refused to drink it. In my other country in cafes etc. try to give you boiled milk (often buffalo) with few grains of tea, coffee etc.---hideous!! We have 17 coconut trees in garden----sale price is so low difficult to sell them. OH and others love the coconut water/milk, I stick to coffee with a molecule of milk!!
Old Jan 29th 2020, 4:33 pm
Oscar nominated

Other species get wasted all the time. You never see a wasp drinking milk before getting wankered on fermenting fruit, do you?
Good point but if they discovered the after effects weren't as bad if they'd had a sip of milk first maybe they wouldn't sting us the morning after the night before.
Old Jan 29th 2020, 4:35 pm
Hail Satan!

Good point but if they discovered the after effects weren't as bad if they'd had a sip of milk first maybe they wouldn't sting us the morning after the night before.
Water is what you need anyway, not milk. Water and a decent meal before you go out. Unless you're having White Russians I suppose but I can tell you from first hand experience, that milk doesn't help one bit.
Old Jan 29th 2020, 4:44 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Water is what you need anyway, not milk. Water and a decent meal before you go out. Unless you're having White Russians I suppose but I can tell you from first hand experience, that milk doesn't help one bit.
I was sitting in the club next to Carol in her wheel-chair, and I said "I question the wisdom of a disabled person ordering a drink called a Paralyzer." She's from Newcastle and laughed heartily. One good thing about coconuts is the meat is the cure for the runs, and the milk is the cure for constipation. A good thing to know in time of emergency, with coconuts.
Old Jan 29th 2020, 4:46 pm
Hail Satan!

I was sitting in the club next to Carol in her wheel-chair, and I said "I question the wisdom of a disabled person ordering a drink called a Paralyzer." She's from Newcastle and laughed heartily. One good thing about coconuts is the meat is the cure for the runs, and the milk is the cure for constipation. A good thing to know in time of emergency, with coconuts.
Nothing cures constipation quite like dill pickle juice. It cures constipation much in the same way that dynamite can remove graffiti from a wall, of course. But it works.
Old Jan 29th 2020, 5:05 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I have never liked milk. I used to cry if the teachers made me drink the daily bottle of milk. I only have a spot of skimmed in tea, non in coffee.
Old Jan 29th 2020, 5:13 pm
Hail Satan!

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl View Post
I have never liked milk. I used to cry if the teachers made me drink the daily bottle of milk. I only have a spot of skimmed in tea, non in coffee.
I used to like it up until I was about 9 and then I kind of just went off it. The realization later that we'd be served room temperature milk that had been sitting at the front of the classroom since who knows when at breaktime every day was fun, too. I'll drink chocolate milk, and I don't mind milk in cereal that will flavor it, but I wouldn't sit down and drink a glass of milk the way a lot of people would. Skimmed, 2% or otherwise.

I'm not picky about the fat content of the milk in my tea because I don't put that much in anyway. Black coffee here as well, though. Unless I feel like a treat, then I get one of those extra-sugary-creamy, overpriced ones

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.