Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Virginia law would force women seeking abortion to undergo probe

Virginia law would force women seeking abortion to undergo probe

Old Feb 22nd 2012, 8:14 pm
Life goes on.

Uncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What has pissed you off today

Originally Posted by dollface View Post
is that bollocks to the poster and her point of view or bollocks to the new law in Virginia?
Yes.

Bollocks to all of it and everybody.
Old Feb 22nd 2012, 8:17 pm

dollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Uncle Ebenezer View Post
Yes.

Old Feb 22nd 2012, 8:35 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
Forcing women to have ultrasounds by probe,and in some cases forcing them to look at the results, before a first trimester abortion.

Sometimes I think parts of this country will be witch hunting next.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...rgo-probe.html
I really don't see what your problem is with this. As in all livestock endeavors, sometimes the breeding females have to be vaginally probed. It's for their own good.
Old Feb 22nd 2012, 8:50 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie View Post
I really don't see what your problem is with this. As in all livestock endeavors, sometimes the breeding females have to be vaginally probed. It's for their own good.
It's long been the Republican dream of creating a Government small enough to fit into a woman's vagina.
Old Feb 22nd 2012, 10:56 pm
The Brit is back

Lorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond repute

is that bollocks to the poster and her point of view or bollocks to the new law in Virginia?
Bollocks to the new law!
How dare they!
Obviously the law is being passed by a man who has no idea how a woman feels and doesn't give a shit!
Old Feb 22nd 2012, 10:56 pm
The Brit is back

Lorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Uncle Ebenezer View Post
Yes.

That's about it!
Old Feb 23rd 2012, 12:03 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie View Post

My latest theory is that Dr. Mengele ended up here and spawned.

Of course I've said that about lots of places and people.

Still, it's a bit much.

Last edited by Lion in Winter; Feb 23rd 2012 at 12:50 am.
Old Feb 23rd 2012, 1:29 am

dollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond repute

My latest theory is that Dr. Mengele ended up here and spawned.

Of course I've said that about lots of places and people.

Still, it's a bit much.
Your issue is not with the vaginal probing itself, I assume? it is the fact that the result of this is the lady is forced to see/listen to the heartbeat etc thus trying to guilt them out of the termination.
Old Feb 23rd 2012, 1:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute

The Virginia legislation requiring vaginal ultra sounds has been changed after the Governor of Virginia announced that he did not support it. Now it will only require external ultra sounds.
Old Feb 23rd 2012, 1:39 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Your issue is not with the vaginal probing itself, I assume? it is the fact that the result of this is the lady is forced to see/listen to the heartbeat etc thus trying to guilt them out of the termination.
That's my view. Not that many women decide to have an abortion on a whim. Generally speaking a massive amount of thought and heartbreak goes into the process. Imagine being raped, falling pregnant, deciding on a termination and then in effect being raped again to show you what you were about to terminate? Mentally screwed doesn't cover it.
Old Feb 23rd 2012, 1:41 am

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 View Post
That's my view. Not that many women decide to have an abortion on a whim. Generally speaking a massive amount of thought and heartbreak goes into the process. Imagine being raped, falling pregnant, deciding on a termination and then in effect being raped again to show you what you were about to terminate? Mentally screwed doesn't cover it.
Agreed, totally.
Old Feb 23rd 2012, 1:55 am

Originally Posted by dakota44 View Post
The Virginia legislation requiring vaginal ultra sounds has been changed after the Governor of Virginia announced that he did not support it. Now it will only require external ultra sounds.
I think (hope i'm not speaking out of turn) Lioninwinters issue is with the guilt trip, not the actual vaginal probe. In some cases during pregnancy (in my case) there is a need to use the probe as the baby is too small due to early stages of the pregnancy to be seen by the usual ultrasound method. It is not uncommon.
Old Feb 23rd 2012, 2:04 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Both.

They aren't there for a pregnancy test, they are there for an abortion. They don't need an ultrasound pic. They don't need to "see" like that to perform a vacuum abortion. It is a forced, unnecessary procedure. The sole purpose of it is to produce the sound of a heartbeat, and/or a picture, that the woman may, depending on the state, be forced to listen to and/or look at. It isn't just a guilt trip. Depending on the circumstances of the abortion, it may be torment.
Old Feb 23rd 2012, 2:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute

Both.

They aren't there for a pregnancy test, they are there for an abortion. They don't need an ultrasound pic. They don't need to "see" like that to perform a vacuum abortion. It is a forced, unnecessary procedure. The sole purpose of it is to produce the sound of a heartbeat, and/or a picture, that the woman may, depending on the state, be forced to listen to and/or look at. It isn't just a guilt trip. Depending on the circumstances of the abortion, it may be torment.
+1 Agreed.
Old Feb 23rd 2012, 2:14 am
Fair and balanced

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Both.

now we need a "What made me want to punch certain politicians in the face over and over again". It is sexual assault in the name of their religious beliefs.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.