Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

To Vaccinate or Not..

To Vaccinate or Not..

Old Oct 10th 2019, 6:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Jsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: To Vaccinate or Not..

Hope his roommate recovers, and hopefully your nephew wont get it. And top notch employer paying him while away, not something I would have expected to read.

It's an awful disease and I think vaccines in some way have been so successful several generations of people have never seen some of these diseases and don't realize how nasty they are. My wife knows an anti-vaxx and none of her kids are vaccinated, she posted something once that said along the lines of "my mom and dad survived measles, its just like the cold and we don't vaccinate for colds." someone else posted a photo of a grave stone and posted something along the lines of "I survived measles but my sister didn't, and your kids will never see my kids again." It was quite the drama and the friend of my wife never really understood or just didn't care.

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse View Post
A measles story from very close to home. My nephew's flat mate came home from a month holiday in Thailand last week - with the measles. He was severely dehydrated from vomiting and diarrhoea, so was hospitalised. Two hours after he was admitted to hospital he had a seizure, due to an extremely high temperature. He's still in hospital but making good progress. His doctor didn't like to speculate what would have been the outcome had he not sought medical treatment on his return. Of course, he should have done so when he first became ill in Thailand.

The State Health Department has visited my nephew in his flat twice. The first time to take a blood sample, the second to tell him that although he has some immunity due to past vaccinations, his immunity level isn't high enough to rule out him passing measles onto someone else, courtesy of his contact with his flat mate after he returned from his holiday. So my nephew is now quarantined in his flat for 4 weeks. He can't leave the flat at all, he's not to have any visitors, he can't even answer the door.

My nephew has not long started a new job and doesn't have any sick leave. The Health Department contacted his employer and explained the situation, his employer was very understanding and has said they'll pay him for the 4 weeks.

Measles is a serious disease.
Old Oct 10th 2019, 8:12 am
BE Enthusiast

el collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all. many years ago in the UK there a thing called hooping cough epidemic and the government vaccinated.How ever at the time a scare story was circulating about the injection causing brain damage and other horrors.My wifes brother who has been born with brain damage frightened us off and we did not vaccinate the children.They both caught hooping cough and were very ill for many weeks so lesson learnt.after that every vaccination on offer the children had and all is ok.
Old Oct 14th 2019, 3:56 pm
Hail Satan!

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by el collado kid View Post
... hooping cough ...
Are you Karl Pilkington?
Old Oct 14th 2019, 4:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

el collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: To Vaccinate or Not..

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
Are you Karl Pilkington?
Ok Ok whooping cough whats a wubbauoo between friends
Old Oct 14th 2019, 4:06 pm
Hail Satan!

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Ok Ok whooping cough whats a wubbauoo between friends
It just reminded me of the way he said it.
Old Oct 14th 2019, 4:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Smile Re: To Vaccinate or Not..

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
It just reminded me of the way he said it.
It's really strange you know i have not written so much in my whole life and it's quite amusing the things you learn as you go along.I would even go as far as to say iv'e learnt more on BE than i ever did at school, i think it is sad one way but really cool in another.I think to learn another language is great thank f*** for spell checker
Old Oct 14th 2019, 4:34 pm
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

It's really strange you know i have not written so much in my whole life and it's quite amusing the things you learn as you go along.I would even go as far as to say iv'e learnt more on BE than i ever did at school, i think it is sad one way but really cool in another.I think to learn another language is great thank f*** for spell checker
I used to cringe at some of the grammar and misspellings on social media but I've come round to the realisation that they are perpetrated by people who probably wouldn't put pen to paper normally, but are able to do so on SM because the anonymity spares their embarrassment.

They are writing - which is good.
Old Oct 14th 2019, 4:36 pm
Hail Satan!

I wasn't pointing out the mistake that time though, all I could think of was that one episode of whatever podcast it was where he was going on about "'oopin' cough".
Old Oct 14th 2019, 4:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jimenato View Post
I used to cringe at some of the grammar and misspellings on social media but I've come round to the realisation that they are perpetrated by people who probably wouldn't put pen to paper normally, but are able to do so on SM because the anonymity spares their embarrassment.

They are writing - which is good.
Now! For me you are so right that is so true and i have enjoyed my time on BE and believe it or not i am learning slowly and i would definitely not put pen to paper no way like i say thank f*** for spell checker and com puters and anonymity really does spare your embarrassment.That sentence you have just written you will never know how true that is unless it is you. Thank you
Old Oct 14th 2019, 4:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

No i understand it made me go back and find the mistake and find it had to ask wife if there was a w but i found it. I did not know the W now i do educating Rita bollocks educating the kid thanks sultan of swing

Last edited by el collado kid; Oct 14th 2019 at 4:59 pm. Reason: did not quote