Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

UKIP STARTING TO MAKE FRIENDS

UKIP STARTING TO MAKE FRIENDS

Old May 16th 2015, 1:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UKIP STARTING TO MAKE FRIENDS

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
The whole thing needs moving to the WGAF thread.
The election's over now. Possibly could be renamed the Therapy thread.

My comment was a genuine heads-up about opening 'today's posts' and finding this thing at the top. However perhaps new members are not a priority.
Old May 16th 2015, 3:23 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux View Post
The election's over now. Possibly could be renamed the Therapy thread.

My comment was a genuine heads-up about opening 'today's posts' and finding this thing at the top. However perhaps new members are not a priority.
Don't make me laugh! Few new members find their way to the "take it outside" group. Nearly all start with BE through the various immigration groups, then progress to the country settled social group and then maybe the moving back to the UK group. Most people only find themselves in "take it outside" following their participation in bun fight threads.
Old May 16th 2015, 3:37 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EMR View Post
11 seconds is probably the limit for any UKIP supporter,1min 11 is aking more than the combined membership couldcope with.
Farage and liberty , a contradiction in terms when you consider his atitude to anyone in UKIP who questions his views and position wuthin the party.
Rumour has it that he wishes he could follow the example of the N Korean leader and how he deals with dissent in his membership.
A pity you seem unable to watch that video. Daniels speech reflects my primary reasons for opposing the EU takeover, and if you cherish freedom and democracy then you would oppose it too.
Old May 16th 2015, 3:50 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

I would if I still lived in the 1950,s with the mindset of that time.

I have forgotten how many times I have asked those who think as you do to list only 10 restrictions to my personal liberty and way of life forced on
me by the Uk membership of the EU.
I am still waiting .
I
Old May 16th 2015, 3:58 pm
Banned

I have forgotten how many times I have asked those who think as you do to list only 10 restrictions to my personal liberty and way of life forced on
I am still waiting .
I
You only want 10?! Here's 40 000! And they're only warming up.
Old May 16th 2015, 4:09 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry View Post
and I suspect that the majority are beneficial to people, it would be better having a comparison of which of those reasons benefit, and which negatively affect people in the UK.
Old May 16th 2015, 4:14 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by mikelincs View Post
and I suspect that the majority are beneficial to people, it would be better having a comparison of which of those reasons benefit, and which negatively affect people in the UK.
Since the original referendum was to join a common market, no mandate exists for the EU to impose those 40 000 laws on the UK. Therefore they are all illegal and they all negatively affect people in the UK.
Old May 16th 2015, 4:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Since the original referendum was to join a common market, no mandate exists for the EU to impose those 40 000 laws on the UK. Therefore they are all illegal and they all negatively affect people in the UK.
Consumer law, equal treatment of women in work, prevention of doctors working over long hours etc. etc--just three of the areas of law. All with negative effect???? Would they be repealed on leaving the EU??
What do you mean by "illegal"? They are introduced into English Law.

There are valid arguments for now leaving the EU, but discounting the benefits does not help your case.
Old May 16th 2015, 4:31 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

No not one of your meaningless links but real examples of EU laws adopted by the UK that make my life as an individual less free than it was before
we joined the EU.

What can I not do now that I could do before.
As a committed Euro sceptic you must have at least 10 examples at your fingertips .
Old May 16th 2015, 4:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

I am still waiting .
I
Bananas in kilos isn't it?
Old May 16th 2015, 4:54 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Bipat View Post
Consumer law, equal treatment of women in work, prevention of doctors working over long hours etc. etc--just three of the areas of law. All with negative effect???? Would they be repealed on leaving the EU??
What do you mean by "illegal"? They are introduced into English Law.

There are valid arguments for now leaving the EU, but discounting the benefits does not help your case.
Britain doesn't need the EU to think up laws for it. 40 000 laws introduced when Britain has not ever had a referendum authorising their imposition brings them all into question. Upon Brexit I would think the UK would retain those laws until they can systematically be reviewed and retained/repealed as appropriate. Until that is done I regard all 40 000 laws as having questionable benefit to the UK.

Meanwhile, if you and EMR are looking for nonsensical/daft laws then google is your friend.
Old May 16th 2015, 5:04 pm
EMR
Banned

Britain doesn't need the EU to think up laws for it. 40 000 laws introduced when Britain has not ever had a referendum authorising their imposition brings them all into question. Upon Brexit I would think the UK would retain those laws until they can systematically be reviewed and retained/repealed as appropriate. Until that is done I regard all 40 000 laws as having questionable benefit to the UK.

Meanwhile, if you and EMR are looking for nonsensical/daft laws then google is your friend.
You have just proved by your inability to give any examples that negatively affect the personal freedoms of any one in the UK that your whole premise is built on sand.
As has so often been explained to you the UK has a parliamentary system and the UK governments of both parties including Thatcher has voted to accept the many and various EU laws that do affect the UK.
The UK parliament voted to accept the Lisbon treaty is just one example, it was not forced on us.

Last edited by EMR; May 16th 2015 at 5:17 pm.
Old May 16th 2015, 5:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, there are some nonsensical/daft laws-- there have been some of those on the Statute book long before we joined the Common Market/EU.
Your personal view is irrelevant, many have benefited from the areas of law I mentioned above and from many other safety laws.

I am not of the same opinion as EMR. On balance I think we should leave the EU, because of 'creeping federalism'. However it is frankly ridiculous to describe the entire system as only negative.
Old May 16th 2015, 5:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wombat7 has a reputation beyond reputeWombat7 has a reputation beyond reputeWombat7 has a reputation beyond reputeWombat7 has a reputation beyond reputeWombat7 has a reputation beyond reputeWombat7 has a reputation beyond reputeWombat7 has a reputation beyond reputeWombat7 has a reputation beyond reputeWombat7 has a reputation beyond reputeWombat7 has a reputation beyond reputeWombat7 has a reputation beyond repute

You have just proved by your inability to give any examples that negatively affect the personal freedoms of any one in the UK that your whole premise is built on sand.
As has so often been explained to you the UK has a parliamentary system and the UK governments of both parties including Thatcher has voted to accept the many and various EU laws that do affect the UK.
The UK parliament voted to accept the Lisbon treaty is just one example, it was not forced on us.
Exactly, the link quotes 40,000 laws but it does not give examples.

Old May 16th 2015, 5:34 pm
EMR
Banned

Originally Posted by Bipat View Post
Yes, there are some nonsensical/daft laws-- there have been some of those on the Statute book long before we joined the Common Market/EU.
Your personal view is irrelevant, many have benefited from the areas of law I mentioned above and from many other safety laws.

I am not of the same opinion as EMR. On balance I think we should leave the EU, because of 'creeping federalism'. However it is frankly ridiculous to describe the entire system as only negative.
The idea of a federal europe is dead in the water and has been for ages.
The disparity between the Northern and Southern and eastern and western members is now so great that federalism is a nonesense.
Were the EU still only 13 members centred on Germany and France I may agree with you but with the possibilty of it growing to 30 with countries like Turkey a federal Europe is likely as UKIP ever having a say in how the UK is run.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.