Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

UKIP STARTING TO MAKE FRIENDS

UKIP STARTING TO MAKE FRIENDS

Old May 3rd 2015, 11:04 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UKIP STARTING TO MAKE FRIENDS

Originally Posted by EMR View Post
Your usual tactics when caught with your metaphorical pants down.

I agree lets wait for the election results in the hope that you will finally get the point .

Shouldn't you be waving the Australian flag !!!

Neo conservative Marxist Leninists rule, David Cameron is our leader.
Labour are currently 3 points in the lead according to opinion polls..
Old May 3rd 2015, 11:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry View Post
Better an idiot who sticks by their principles and votes for a party committed to making politicians more accountable, than a mug who votes for a promise breaker and then goes back and votes for them again.
The latest opinion polls show UKIP to get a possible maximum of 5 seats. Not a lot of influence then??
In the UK electoral system people vote for a local candidate not necessarily a particular party. UKIP has few candidates that a majority of the constituents want to vote for.
Old May 3rd 2015, 12:40 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=mikelincs;11635464]Labour are currently 3 points in the lead according to opinion polls..[/QUOT

Not in the quality press which shows a 4 point swing to the Conservatives.
Old May 3rd 2015, 12:49 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Paulry
Please for once can you post something that makes sense.
Apart from the facts thst you have cut and run from the UK and that you do not
have a vote and as such your comments have as much value as those
of the dog next door.
Living as you do on the otherside of the world oas you do it may escaped your notice that the UK is now one of the best performing economies.
Anyone who wants to vote for a party that puts this at risk should remind themselves that at all times " It is the economy that
matters " stupid " .
WHen are you coming back to the UK to exercise your right to a UK vote.
I vote for the party thst is best for UK plc and all those of us who live on our island and need stabilty , low inflation and the prospect ov paying our mortgages every month.

Last edited by EMR; May 3rd 2015 at 12:52 pm.
Old May 3rd 2015, 12:53 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

of the dog next door.
Living as you do on the otherside of the world oas you do it may escaped your notice that the UK is now one of the best performing economies.
Anyone who wants to vote for a party that puts this at risk should remind themselves that at all times " It is the economy that
matters " stupid " .
You can vote in the UK elections if you've been out of the country for up to 15 years providing you applied to in time and had a UK address to use (I think). Not sure why people do but it is legal.
Old May 3rd 2015, 12:59 pm
EMR
Banned

Best News of the day, Youcrap links cannot be posted at the moment !!,
Old May 3rd 2015, 1:00 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Best News of the day, Youcrap links cannot be posted at the moment !!,
I just posted one a little while ago.
Old May 3rd 2015, 2:51 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Paulry
of the dog next door.
matters " stupid " .
I vote for the party thst is best for UK plc and all those of us who live on our island and need stabilty , low inflation and the prospect ov paying our mortgages every month.
Very shallow of you if you only measure the country's wellbeing in economic terms. Besides, the UK isn't even doing very well in that regard. Look how much extra debt your beloved Porky-Pie Cameron has racked up this last 5 years.

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 View Post
You can vote in the UK elections if you've been out of the country for up to 15 years providing you applied to in time and had a UK address to use (I think). Not sure why people do but it is legal.
British expats should be allowed to vote if they want to. Living outside the country doesn't make them less British. In that regard, the UK is quite backwards. Likewise with the daft rules currently in place around British citizens returning with foreign spouses.
Old May 3rd 2015, 3:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Very shallow of you if you only measure the country's wellbeing in economic terms. Besides, the UK isn't even doing very well in that regard. Look how much extra debt your beloved Porky-Pie Cameron has racked up this last 5 years.

British expats should be allowed to vote if they want to. Living outside the country doesn't make them less British. In that regard, the UK is quite backwards. Likewise with the daft rules currently in place around British citizens returning with foreign spouses.
Ohhh Paulry!!!!! What double standards????? So expats/immigrants living in the UK doesn't make them less of their original nationality.
(The irony is it usually does-- British expats are an exception)
Old May 3rd 2015, 3:13 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

British expats should be allowed to vote if they want to.
No they shouldn't. If 'you' leave a country and no longer pay taxes or contribute in any way to the country there is no way you should have a say in how that country is run. I think the 15 year rule is quite generous but there's no way I feel I take advantage of the rule.
Old May 3rd 2015, 3:43 pm

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute

No they shouldn't. If 'you' leave a country and no longer pay taxes or contribute in any way to the country there is no way you should have a say in how that country is run. I think the 15 year rule is quite generous but there's no way I feel I take advantage of the rule.
+100

Decrying immigration when you're an immigrant yourself is mind-blowing hypocrisy, but why on earth should you be allowed to vote and influence the control and direction of a country that you don't contribute towards, except by throwing stones.

Pay some taxes and then you're entitled to a voice.
Old May 3rd 2015, 3:47 pm
EMR
Banned

Debt is only a problem in the world of global finance if the markets think that you cannot repay it.
This is measured by the interest levels a country has to pay.
The UK is regarded as a good bet.
As for your comments ref shallow, without a decent economy nothing,I repeat nothing works.
No money fir education, health, defence etc etc etc etc.

Its the economy Stupid !,,

You are welcome back with your one vote for UKIP any time you chose.

As for expat voting rights, I do not see an issue if you remain tax resident.

No representation without taxation to requote the American revolutionaries.
Old May 3rd 2015, 4:15 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

They are, but they have to register, the 15 year rule was AFAIK used because after 15 years out of the country it's a totally different place, and really they will have no idea of the daily happenings, only what the mdia allows them to see.

I do agree about the returning UK citizens however, never thought I would agree with you on this thread on anything.
Old May 3rd 2015, 4:21 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I agree. IMO I have no right to say how the country I left by choice and no longer live in is governed.
Old May 3rd 2015, 5:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wombat7 has a reputation beyond reputeWombat7 has a reputation beyond reputeWombat7 has a reputation beyond reputeWombat7 has a reputation beyond reputeWombat7 has a reputation beyond reputeWombat7 has a reputation beyond reputeWombat7 has a reputation beyond reputeWombat7 has a reputation beyond reputeWombat7 has a reputation beyond reputeWombat7 has a reputation beyond reputeWombat7 has a reputation beyond repute

Disagree - expats should not be allowed to vote. As to the issue of whether living outside the UK makes you "less British" - I think it does, if you live outside the UK, you are not experiencing what those who live in the UK are experiencing. Citizenship of a country should not give you the right to vote.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.