UK v EU

Old Jan 23rd 2021, 9:10 am
Who - me?

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK v EU

Originally Posted by Bipat View Post
I would disagree---unless the governments of the Visegrad group change (and Poland small majority -so they could) there could be other exits.
Leaving aside the fact that heads of government being belligerent over one or two issues isn't at all the same as the majority of the population at large having an overwhelming desire to leave the Union, there is the matter of whether the Union continues along current lines, with all member states being obliged to adopt common policies or whether in future there will be room for some to opt out in various areas. This is on the agenda for discussion during the next 6 months and whether or not it leads to the sort of change which might defuse some of the contention, it will put the recalcitrants on the spot about whether they want to be considered integral to the Union, supportive of core values and in favour of devloping closer ties in the future, or whether they actively seek a different relationship.
Old Jan 23rd 2021, 10:58 am
Dedicated European

Expatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Red Eric View Post
Leaving aside the fact that heads of government being belligerent over one or two issues isn't at all the same as the majority of the population at large having an overwhelming desire to leave the Union, there is the matter of whether the Union continues along current lines, with all member states being obliged to adopt common policies or whether in future there will be room for some to opt out in various areas. This is on the agenda for discussion during the next 6 months and whether or not it leads to the sort of change which might defuse some of the contention, it will put the recalcitrants on the spot about whether they want to be considered integral to the Union, supportive of core values and in favour of devloping closer ties in the future, or whether they actively seek a different relationship.
Old Jan 23rd 2021, 11:31 am
EU and me, happy together

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KJMW View Post
Well actually I didn't win anything. I can assure you though that a smile has never left my face from the day the majority of people voted to leave the E.U. Nothing 'flakey' about me!
Majority of those who voted....

36.7% of the UK electorate voted Leave.

Those who chose not to vote either didn't feel strongly enough to change the status quo, or believed that they didn't need to because they were content with what they had.. And those who couldn't vote because of ballot paper delays wouldn't have made a difference.

The biggest factor were those EU nationals registered to vote in the UK who were excluded from voting in the referendum.

Last edited by DaveLovesDee; Jan 23rd 2021 at 12:00 pm.
Old Jan 23rd 2021, 2:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

la mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
What is this strange trend of dropping into threads in order to tell everyone else that they are idiots, and then being offended and pushing off again? La Mancha's been doing it too. Is it something in the water?
I was following the trend from DaveJ and Yellowman and I thought it quite interesting. I didn't butt in because both posters made interesting reading without my input.. But you ask why I and others drop out sometimes? It is because a thread with interesting comments soon descends into nit-picking puerile posts which very rapidly descend into p*** taking. I say again, this thread was getting on well up to now.
Old Jan 23rd 2021, 2:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

la mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KJMW View Post
Well actually I didn't win anything. I can assure you though that a smile has never left my face from the day the majority of people voted to leave the E.U. Nothing 'flakey' about me!
Old Jan 23rd 2021, 2:49 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by la mancha View Post
. But you ask why I and others drop out sometimes? It is because a thread with interesting comments soon descends into nit-picking puerile posts which very rapidly descend into p*** taking. I say again, this thread was getting on well up to now.
For nit picking, read correction.
Piss taking? Sometimes so much of is provided it just begs to be taken.
Old Jan 23rd 2021, 2:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
For nit picking, read correction.
Piss taking? Sometimes so much of is provided it just begs to be taken.
Right there. G'bye.
Old Jan 23rd 2021, 3:09 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by la mancha View Post
G'bye.
How many times is that?
Old Jan 23rd 2021, 3:13 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

I suppose it's one way to create jobs.

"The government must quadruple the number of customs agents in the UK to ensure businesses struggling with mountains of Brexit red tape do not “buckle” under the strain, Labour has said in a letter to Michael Gove.The shadow chancellor for the duchy of Lancaster, Rachel Reeves, put it to Gove that industry figures showing that only 12,000 customs agents have been trained fell far short of the 50,000 the government accepted last February would be necessary to cope with Brexit."

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...rexit-red-tape

Old Jan 23rd 2021, 3:15 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

How many times is that?
Gawd love serial flouncer/returners
Old Jan 23rd 2021, 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse View Post
Gawd love serial flouncer/returners
You come in, you're rude to everyone, then you say you're offended, then you flounce. Repeat. (When I say 'you' I mean 'one', not you you.)

We used to get customers like that in the pub I worked in.
Old Jan 23rd 2021, 3:26 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

You come in, you're rude to everyone, then you say you're offended, then you flounce. Repeat. (When I say 'you' I mean 'one', not you you.)

We used to get customers like that in the pub I worked in.
We should start a competition thread, something along the lines of Celebrity Croakers.

Fickle Flouncers?
Old Jan 23rd 2021, 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse View Post
We should start a competition thread, something along the lines of Celebrity Croakers.

Fickle Flouncers?
I think we had an end of year poll like that, back in the day. "Best Flounce".
Old Jan 23rd 2021, 3:53 pm
Who - me?

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

I suppose it's one way to create jobs.

"The government must quadruple the number of customs agents in the UK to ensure businesses struggling with mountains of Brexit red tape do not “buckle” under the strain, Labour has said in a letter to Michael Gove.The shadow chancellor for the duchy of Lancaster, Rachel Reeves, put it to Gove that industry figures showing that only 12,000 customs agents have been trained fell far short of the 50,000 the government accepted last February would be necessary to cope with Brexit."

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...rexit-red-tape
Whaaa??

I thought we were told that not having enough trained professionals ready to cope with a host of mystery Brexit demands thrust upon the country an hour before midnight was exclusively the preserve of the Scottish government?
Old Jan 23rd 2021, 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by Red Eric View Post
Whaaa??

I thought we were told that not having enough trained professionals ready to cope with a host of mystery Brexit demands thrust upon the country an hour before midnight was exclusively the preserve of the Scottish government?
I am as bemused as you. I thought we were told that freeing the UK from the shackles of the EU would remove all the red tape.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.