Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

UK immigration post Brexit

UK immigration post Brexit

Old Feb 28th 2020, 7:41 am
Reasonable Bitch

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK immigration post Brexit

Meanwhile ...

It seems those pesky Europeans are on their way out, but Bipat will be delighted to find that immigration from outside the EU is at record high levels. Highest in history.

Migration to UK from outside EU hits record level, figures show

Old Feb 28th 2020, 7:49 am
BE Forum Addict

el collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond repute

Just reading these the posts on here and a thought popped into my mind.Being an expat and i decided to go back to the UK (which i definitely will not) I was wondering would i meet the requirement to allow me back in or am i entitled because i am british or as i prefer to think i am just the special one Just a thought
Old Feb 28th 2020, 7:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by amideislas View Post
Meanwhile ...

It seems those pesky Europeans are on their way out, but Bipat will be delighted to find that immigration from outside the EU is at record high levels. Highest in history.

Migration to UK from outside EU hits record level, figures show

Only if they had needed skills!
( Presume you are horrified (wrong sort of foreigner!!)
Old Feb 28th 2020, 7:53 am
Reasonable Bitch

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Horrified? Why? Amused, yes.
Old Feb 28th 2020, 8:20 am
BE Forum Addict

el collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: UK immigration post Brexit

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
Thanks, I'll point him in the right direction. He lives in unfashionable Fratton rather than Southsea, since the rents are a lot lower so he may not have seen that one. So far, he's only had food poisoning twice (because he will insist on ignoring his mother's advice about confused origins, so "Ken's Italian Pizza and Cheesy Chips" or "The Kebab and Pizza House" or my personal favourite "Wok's Wong") so he should be ready to try something new.
Oh my my my LIW if he lives in fratton ugghh rush straight to hospital and get him inoculated poor lad.PS are you from pompey to
Old Feb 28th 2020, 9:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Horrified? Why? Amused, yes.
"Horrified"---- because the wrong sort of 'foreigner' for you.
Old Feb 28th 2020, 9:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Talking Re: UK immigration post Brexit

Originally Posted by el collado kid View Post
Oh my my my LIW if he lives in fratton ugghh rush straight to hospital and get him inoculated poor lad.PS are you from pompey to
Our junior school netball team (East of Cosham) got 'beaton up', when they won a match against Fratton school!!!!!

Old Feb 28th 2020, 9:30 am
Reasonable Bitch

Originally Posted by Bipat View Post
"Horrified"---- because the wrong sort of 'foreigner' for you.
Look, we all know that's your favourite strawman argument. So far, you've been the only person I'm aware of who makes that charge. I suppose its popularity is limited simply because of the sheer ridiculousness of it.

But your apparent gloating here certainly begs another question:

Preciously, you've ranted about the "unfairness" of "preferring" Europeans over "non-EU" (Indian) immigrants (despite the fact that non-EU immigration is already dominant in the UK) and then very recently rationalised that Britain is a "small island" that needs "controls" over immigration.

So, with that as your previously stated platform, and as immigration continues to rise (albeit increasingly dominated by non-EU nationals), why are you suddenly so unconcerned about it? That's what I find amusing.

Please remind me, bipat, which foreigners are the "right sort of foreigner"?

Consider it a "liberation". You can put your ridiculous strawman projection of yourself in a bag now. You're "free".

Last edited by amideislas; Feb 28th 2020 at 9:46 am.
Old Feb 28th 2020, 9:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Look, we all know that's your favourite strawman argument. So far, you've been the only person I'm aware of who makes that charge. I suppose its popularity is limited simply because of the sheer ridiculousness of it.

But your apparent gloating here certainly begs another question:

Preciously, you've ranted sbout the "unfairness" of "preferring" Europeans over "non-EU" (Indian) immigrants (despite the fact that non-EU immigration is already dominant in the UK) and then very recently rationalised that Britain is a "small island" that needs "controls" over immigration.

So, with that as your previously stated platform, and as immigration continues to rise (albeit increasingly dominated by non-EU nationals), why are you suddenly so unconcerned about it?

Please remind me, bipat, which foreigners are the "right sort of foreigner"?

Consider it a "liberation". You can put your ridiculous strawman projection of yourself in a bag now. You're "free".
Any discussion point that you disagree with is a "strawman" argument for you!!!

Non-EU could not be said to be "dominent", when they did not have FOM!!!
My point has always been ---if you actually read it!
'Needed skills ----REGARDLESS OF ORIGIN.

Old Feb 28th 2020, 9:49 am
Reasonable Bitch

It's not a disagreement, bipat. It's an observation. What am I "disagreeing" with?

And non-EU immigration has always outnumbered EU immigration. That's not in dispute. But that dominance is widening, now the highest in history.

And are you suggesting that Europeans are "unskilled"? If so, it would be an indication of your opinion of what "the right kind of foreigner" is.

You're a hoot, bipat.

Last edited by amideislas; Feb 28th 2020 at 10:33 am.
Old Feb 28th 2020, 10:38 am
So long...

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bipat View Post
Non-EU could not be said to be "dominent", when they did not have FOM!!!
No, it's dominant because non-EU migration numbers are consistently higher than EU migration..... FoM has absolutely zero relevence to whether it's dominant or not.

My point has always been ---if you actually read it!
'Needed skills ----REGARDLESS OF ORIGIN.
Yes, and needed skills actually include skills at picking crops gained through years of experience... Which many EU workers are happy to provide under FoM. Low-skilled is still a form of skilled, and just as necessary in some areas.
Old Feb 28th 2020, 11:14 am
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee View Post
No, it's dominant because non-EU migration numbers are consistently higher than EU migration..... FoM has absolutely zero relevence to whether it's dominant or not.

Yes, and needed skills actually include skills at picking crops gained through years of experience... Which many EU workers are happy to provide under FoM. Low-skilled is still a form of skilled, and just as necessary in some areas.
I think the UK has a very unhealthy and occasionally toxic relationship with what qualifies as skilled or unskilled work. Generally unskillled work is work that requires only a brief period of basic training and no formal education to complete. Obviously picking crops would normally fall under the category and generally does around the world.

Like any job, it's highly likely that doing it for a long time brings experience and potential improvements in effectiveness and efficiency in that particular role however it isn't really a job that people should be looking to do in the long term, not least because it's going to be subject to increased automation in the future. Accepting permanent immigrants to pull crops today risks increasing the dole queue length 10 years later.

Certainly I don't personally consider care work to be an unskilled. I'm what most people would describe as highly educated and a skilled professional but I couldn't do that job in a million years.
Old Feb 28th 2020, 11:20 am
Reasonable Bitch

Criminals, too. Criminals.
Old Feb 28th 2020, 12:06 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by el collado kid View Post
Just reading these the posts on here and a thought popped into my mind.Being an expat and i decided to go back to the UK (which i definitely will not) I was wondering would i meet the requirement to allow me back in or am i entitled because i am british or as i prefer to think i am just the special one Just a thought
You'd be allowed back but only if you live in Fratton.
Old Feb 28th 2020, 12:18 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
You'd be allowed back but only if you live in Fratton.
The Little Lion lives in Fratton, and he's a damn Yank.

Of course he's also British.

And Mexican.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.