Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

UK General Election

UK General Election

Old Jun 7th 2017, 10:45 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK General Election

Originally Posted by Red Eric View Post
If it's true that's what she's suffering from - or even if you believe it to be true - then you're even more of a disgusting **** than I've ever had you down for before.
Dick has trouble with intelligent women, they make him feel insecure (compare and contrast his repeated posting of the "Merkel in a bikini" video). Abbott is a working class woman who went to Cambridge on the basis of brains alone, articulate and outspoken on issues Dick is uncomfortable with. Hence the behaviour.

I would suggest reading this speech on civil liberties, that won awards and acknowledgement, including from The Spectator (that notoriously Red rag).

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...civilliberties
Old Jun 7th 2017, 10:57 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee View Post

Thank you. This needs reading.

Dick needs to read it.

And many others.
Old Jun 7th 2017, 11:25 pm
So long...

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post

Dick needs to read it.

And many others.
I can think of a number of posters who won't read it (or will stop reading once they realise that the article isn't going to confirm their pre-conceived opinions of Ms Abbott).
Old Jun 7th 2017, 11:27 pm
Somewhere

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

Abbott is a working class woman who went to Cambridge on the basis of brains alone, articulate and outspoken
Oddly enough something written about her showed up in my FlopBook feed this morning.
Scroll past the recipe header down to the actual content.
It is an article put together from the writer's assorted tweets and the like.
It is factual.

We need to talk about Diane Abbott

This is one intelligent tough lady.

edit....

oops. I see davelovesdee has already posted this.

Never mind. I'll leave it anyway.

Last edited by BEVS; Jun 7th 2017 at 11:31 pm.
Old Jun 7th 2017, 11:28 pm
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

Dick needs to read it.

And many others.
Brilliant - it made me ashamed at my own criticism of her. Whatever the issue now - and even if her career is over - it is a career to be proud of.

But then, haters will hate, they don't need a reason.

Last edited by macliam; Jun 7th 2017 at 11:31 pm.
Old Jun 7th 2017, 11:40 pm

Originally Posted by BEVS View Post
Oddly enough something written about her showed up in my FlopBook feed this morning.
Scroll past the recipe header down to the actual content.
It is an article put together from the writer's assorted tweets and the like.
It is factual.

We need to talk about Diane Abbott

This is one intelligent tough lady.

edit....

oops. I see davelovesdee has already posted this.

Never mind. I'll leave it anyway.

Yeah, the more the merrier. And those laughing at her should be ashamed of themselves. How someone could venerate Flange and denigrate Abbott is beyond me.

I find myself hoping that Labour give a good account of themselves tomorrow.
Old Jun 7th 2017, 11:53 pm
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, the more the merrier. And those laughing at her should be ashamed of themselves. How someone could venerate Flange and denigrate Abbott is beyond me.

I find myself hoping that Labour give a good account of themselves tomorrow.
My respect for Corbyn has grown, even if I don't agree with all his views - my contempt for May has only increased as each day passes, I hope she hits the snake and goes back to square one.

Personally, I think opposition is healthy ..... there's plenty around here!
Old Jun 8th 2017, 7:33 am
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

Read the article.

Fair play to Diane Abbott, quite a career. Are those who are truly great and 'a skilled orator, a quick thinker' that easily pulled apart though?

I'm just not convinced. I'm sure lots of politicians are extremely intelligent but lack in other areas, like all humans, but DA totally fails to inspire when in reality she has all the background and intelligence to be totally inspirational.

Also, who the is the person who wrote it? She suffers daily online abuse? For writing recipes? Have I missed something? (Genuine questions)
Old Jun 8th 2017, 8:33 am
Who - me?

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
Fair play to Diane Abbott, quite a career. Are those who are truly great and 'a skilled orator, a quick thinker' that easily pulled apart though?
It appears distressingly easy to me - I see it all the time. It does require the willing participation of a huge number of fools but they always come running when the whistle blows.

Old Jun 8th 2017, 8:40 am
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

To many, she's a committed servant and representative of the public, justifiably popular both in her own constituency and beyond, where her dedication and influence in various fields is well recognised. Worth a great deal more to the political fabric of the UK than the weak-willed bootlickers of moneyed interests who dominate at Westminster.
Some of that may be true but she has been completely and utterly hopeless during the campaign and how someone can claim she would make a good home secretary beggars belief
Old Jun 8th 2017, 8:42 am
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

It appears distressingly easy to me - I see it all the time. It does require the willing participation of a huge number of fools but they always come running when the whistle blows.

Trouble is the evidence of her TV interviews can't just be swept away by abusing the people who point it out - The truth is there for all to see.

Abbot has, beyond doubt, appeared to be an idiot on numerous occasions. You'd have to be a fool to make her Home Secretary based on her current performance, that's for sure

Last edited by Garbatellamike; Jun 8th 2017 at 9:29 am.
Old Jun 8th 2017, 8:52 am
BE Forum Addict

lutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond repute

Read the article.

I'm just not convinced. I'm sure lots of politicians are extremely intelligent but lack in other areas, like all humans, but DA totally fails to inspire when in reality she has all the background and intelligence to be totally inspirational.

Also, who the is the person who wrote it? She suffers daily online abuse? For writing recipes? Have I missed something? (Genuine questions)
It's recipes are nauseating, but yes, you've probably missed something else.
Old Jun 8th 2017, 8:58 am
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

Distressingly easy to make yourself look stupid? I don't doubt many people get nervous and stumble through things, but her problem is it's been multiple attempts and her general quality of presentation in interviews (no, not looks, what and how she says things) is really poor for someone who (in that article) clearly isn't a total idiot.

Very strange. Shame that someone so potentially excellent and distinguished...isn't.
Old Jun 8th 2017, 9:28 am
Dunroaming back in UK

Distressingly easy to make yourself look stupid? I don't doubt many people get nervous and stumble through things, but her problem is it's been multiple attempts and her general quality of presentation in interviews (no, not looks, what and how she says things) is really poor for someone who (in that article) clearly isn't a total idiot.

Very strange. Shame that someone so potentially excellent and distinguished...isn't.
well put sir!
Old Jun 8th 2017, 9:40 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Election, for me. over and done with, already voted.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.