Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Trollish Behaviour...Off Topic Posts Moved from Pres. Trump Thread.

Trollish Behaviour...Off Topic Posts Moved from Pres. Trump Thread.

Old Nov 17th 2020, 1:25 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Trollish Behaviour...Off Topic Posts Moved from Pres. Trump Thread.

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian View Post
Who decides what is inflammatory or offensive or is it a difference of opinion.
Oh for crying out loud. You know full well it's not.

You posted something yesterday that many of us thought was absolute nonsense. We said so and why we thought it was nonsense. You came back and countered those views and a couple of people agreed with you. Nobody got abusive or insulting - even us soft southern shandy drinkers (© Former Lancastrian for those who don't know ) wouldn't have taken offence at anything said.

Old Nov 17th 2020, 1:34 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post

You posted something yesterday that many of us thought was absolute nonsense. We said so and why we thought it was nonsense. You came back and countered those views and a couple of people agreed with you. Nobody got abusive or insulting - even us soft southern shandy drinkers (© Former Lancastrian for those who don't know ) wouldn't have taken offence at anything said.

Now I want a shandy
Old Nov 17th 2020, 1:37 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Red Eric View Post
Can posts be moved / deleted from an "Off Topic Posts" thread for being off the topic that was off topic?

I've diagrammed the thread

.../helpful

Old Nov 17th 2020, 1:47 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by el collado kid View Post
  • P.S i don't know how those black dots got there???
It’s an American thing. They are protected by Article Two of the Constitution.
Old Nov 17th 2020, 1:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

KJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond repute

Well I haven't been charged yet and if I am will it be a JP/Magistrate trial or do I get a jury trial?
Who decides what is inflammatory or offensive or is it a difference of opinion that others disagree with or just simply knowing others will react because they are blinded by their own beliefs and when challenged simply accuse others of trolling. There is also the question of banter/sarcasm which in this day seems to have lost it's way.

I left the UK almost 32 years ago and have never been back since. I still have relatives in the UK. So in 1988 how many countries were part of the now EU? Was FOM a big thing then and was their standards between those countries in the EU?
In 1957 when it was formed it had 6 members and was known as the EEC aka common market. The UK joined in 1973. By the time I left I believe there were 12 countries in the EEC. There are now 27 countries of which the UK isn't one.

Obviously Brexit has divided the UK so where do we go from here? Scotland and Wales have wanted their Independence for years but have never fully achieved it but they have their own Parliaments. Northern Ireland has been a problem since the late 1960's but they too have their own Assembly.

The concept of the EU on paper looks good however has it always worked to the benefit of all member states? Myths and legends have been told about how the UK has somehow lost it's ability to retain it's own independence and that Brussels dictates which rules they have to follow. So over a period of time resentment grew and finally for some reason the UK decided to hold a Referendum and since the result there has been chaos, pandemonium and whatever else you describe it as has followed.
Leavers celebrated thinking they had cut the shackles of their EU masters and once again the UK could become Great Britain again. Remainer's were disappointed as they felt that leaving the EU was the end and dark stormy skies would hang overhead for years to come.

Of course nobody really knows how this will play out and you have both sides divided and both sides claiming they are right and the other side is wrong. I have no idea who is right or wrong nor at this particular moment do I care. From what was once an Empire the Uk suddenly finds itself irrelevant to other countries in the big scheme of things in todays modern world. Other countries have shown they can work together either as a confederation of other countries be it trading blocs or other and yet for whatever reasons elect not to have total FOM as part of these deals. Had the UK enforced these FOM restrictions like others did many years ago then perhaps the Referendum might not have been required.
When I left in 1988 the population was about 56.86 million and today it is around 66.65 million. So an increase of 10 million and still on a small island.

So while those living in the UK or planning to return to live soon you have some thinking to do and hope sanity returns and that the vast majority of the electorate can eventually come to a decision to make things better.
I'm still fairly new to all of this and don't know if your post should be on this thread and equally I don't know if I should be replying but…. The only problem I ever have with posts is when people state views as if they were facts. An opinion or view is one thing, if that view can be backed up with a fact then fine but more often than not an opinion in the eyes of the poster is fact. I give what I think is an example: You have stated that Britain is obviously divided over Brexit. I simply don't agree with that at all. And no, it's not just my view but my experience. I have yet to meet someone who feels 'divided'. People certainly have different opinions and amongst my friends are those who voted to leave and those who voted to stay but they are certainly not 'divided'. Perhaps you mean in that simple sense that in voting they were My interpretation of what you have said is that you mean something stronger, perhaps Brits are at each others throats or on the verge of civil war!!! In your post you stay several 'facts' which simply are not. And so back to trolling: Do you write what you do simply for the reaction or are you unaware that you are whistling in the wind somewhat? As I might add, I suppose I could be accused of!!!
Old Nov 17th 2020, 2:29 pm
Who - me?

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post

Exactly.

He also proclaimed himself that he wastrolling, so it's a bit of a surprise that he should get all funny about the use of the term.

I expect his abiding memory will be that he had a good laugh, got the better of everybody who made articulate responses to his nonsense, and proved that Remoaners are whingy whiners. They're a bit prone to such reinventions
Old Nov 17th 2020, 4:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

el collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond repute

Don't you all think debating is a wonderful thing and on B.E there are some master debaters just thinking out loud, sort of!!!yeah i know i'm a knob head
Old Nov 17th 2020, 4:17 pm
So long...

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
I've diagrammed the thread

.../helpful

Is it o-venn ready?

Sorry....
Old Nov 17th 2020, 7:20 pm

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Consideration for another person's point of view rather than being contentious and confrontational.. it's not that difficult a concept - The start of disagreements are often caused by the eye/mind of the beholder - their interpretation of the written word may not be the same as the intention behind what was written by the person concerned. Clarity and context! Misunderstandings and misconceptions happen as unfortunately, the written word can be prone to miscommunication because it strips away body language and non-verbal cues.. our personal experiences can also 'impact' how we read/interpret things

But then there is misinformation or false facts in a message that brings about a special case of misunderstanding or misinterpretation, as the facts may be wrong (intentionally) or out of context with the situation being written about... which to me, is trolling

Old Nov 17th 2020, 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee View Post
Is it o-venn ready?

Sorry....

Old Nov 17th 2020, 7:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Who decides what is inflammatory or offensive or is it a difference of opinion that others disagree with
The Guardian obviously.

If it was easy FB, Twitter etc would not have a problem with it.

Old Nov 17th 2020, 7:44 pm
So long...

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post

There was this one time, at banned camp....
Old Nov 17th 2020, 7:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Inspired by P***** and B*****, I've been blatantly trolling over on FoxNews website, in their article comments section. I've built up a 'library' of roughly 20 'responses' (saved in simple notepad form), and whenever I see someone post anything I disagree with, I paste in one of my canned answers. I also down-vote every nutjob post, and upvote every 'Biden' post (there are, surprisingly, quite a few). It's quite exhilarating, actually! There are, often, 5,000 upvotes for a post claiming widespread fraud and 10 downvotes ... but I soldier on . We'll see if they ban me.
Old Nov 18th 2020, 3:03 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steerpike View Post
Inspired by P***** and B*****, I've been blatantly trolling over on FoxNews website, in their article comments section. I've built up a 'library' of roughly 20 'responses' (saved in simple notepad form), and whenever I see someone post anything I disagree with, I paste in one of my canned answers. I also down-vote every nutjob post, and upvote every 'Biden' post (there are, surprisingly, quite a few). It's quite exhilarating, actually! There are, often, 5,000 upvotes for a post claiming widespread fraud and 10 downvotes ... but I soldier on . We'll see if they ban me.
This post gave me joy. Everybody needs a hobby I guess ... creativity in the Covid era.
Old Nov 18th 2020, 3:32 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

On the broader topic upthread, most BEers hold some sort of belief or opinion that I completely disagree with. The exception being robin1234. He is perfect in every way and I have never disagreed with a single thing he's posted. I'm not even exaggerating. The man is a God.

Other than robin1234, everybody else has said something nutty that left me -------> Often somebody I am friends with and agree with on many other things. I'm sure that everybody here has read some of my posts and thought I had my head twisted on backwards that day. Sometimes we fight it out and sometimes we just roll our eyes and move on. Everybody is entitled to their opinion. That's not we're talking about here --- wrong-headedness is one thing, lies are another.

This is a great thread and IMO we need to give JG credit for enabling this type of airing out. Sunshine is the best antiseptic.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.