Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Transgenderism - a sign of the times

Transgenderism - a sign of the times

Old Dec 6th 2019, 10:44 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Transgenderism - a sign of the times

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
Why have all the geese been circumsized
They're not circumcised. They're just very happy to see you.
Old Dec 6th 2019, 10:46 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
Why have all the geese been circumsized
Originally Posted by caretaker View Post
I hadn't figured you for a conspiracy theorist.
Originally Posted by Leslie View Post
They're not circumcised. They're just very happy to see you.

Well out of the three of us at least we know which one can spell. And it's not me.

Last edited by Lion in Winter; Dec 6th 2019 at 11:02 pm.
Old Dec 6th 2019, 11:27 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevenglish1 View Post
I think you mis-understand me, I was just referring to the nobs on the thread
Oh Sorry about that Steve.
Old Dec 6th 2019, 11:59 pm
idealist

stevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse View Post
Oh Sorry about that Steve.
Haha, all good
Old Dec 7th 2019, 12:01 am
idealist

stevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond repute

Smaller than average? Or freakishly small?

Mine's only small when the compare it to my wife's.
Old Dec 7th 2019, 12:26 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Smaller than average? Or freakishly small?

That rings bells. Stormy Daniels with her mushroom comment.

Old Dec 7th 2019, 12:59 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
That rings bells. Stormy Daniels with her mushroom comment.

Stormy Daniels is fantastic. I miss her!
Old Dec 7th 2019, 1:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Boiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond repute

Stormy Daniels is fantastic. I miss her!
I am going to have to think about this.
Old Dec 7th 2019, 1:09 am
WTF?

Originally Posted by Boiler View Post
I am going to have to think about this.
I think that's a good idea. Get your mind off shitting all over everybody's picnics all the time.
Old Dec 7th 2019, 1:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Boiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond repute

I think that's a good idea. Get your mind off shitting all over everybody's picnics all the time.
Could you help us by explaining your relationship with Stormy, I will take that you miss her a given.
Old Dec 7th 2019, 1:47 am
idealist

Two boilers one cup
Old Dec 7th 2019, 1:49 am
WTF?

Originally Posted by Boiler View Post
Could you help us by explaining your relationship with Stormy, I will take that you miss her a given.

I'm just a fan-girl but don't let that interfere with your perving.

Stormy Daniels. What's not to love?

Old Dec 7th 2019, 2:06 am
WTF?

Originally Posted by stevenglish1 View Post
Two boilers one cup
That's really not necessary.
Old Dec 7th 2019, 3:19 am
idealist

That's really not necessary.
Yeah sorry about that
Old Dec 8th 2019, 4:16 pm
F.orum Ape

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
Man, you know I love you and all but sometimes you're such a caricature of a lib it's not even funny anymore.

What exactly is a 'trans activist' in the context of how Leslie and co. in this thread are posting? I see a lot of trans allies, of which I am one, but not an awful lot of people running around telling everybody they have to be trans, or they already are trans. Kind of a weird take, but whatever. You do you.

0.6% of the population are coming for us. Ahhhhhh, run for the hills.

They're coming from the hills.

Run away from the hills. If you see hills, run the other way.

This is the libbiest of lib takes, but you're way off the mark pinning this on progressives or leftists. Idpol is firmly the territory of neoliberalism and the right. Idpol is what gave us Trump because everyone was fixated on getting the first female president, even if she was an absolute damp dishcloth of a candidate. Idpol is what's going to give us Trump in 2020 if we end up with Liz or even worse somehow Mayo Pete gets the nomination because god forbid the only person who can fix the mess that is America just happens to be an old, white guy (this one time anyway ).

This isn't about 'intersectional rights', or identity politics. This is about the fact that trans- people are people, and that's the end of the story. They deserve to be accepted and normalized in the same way any of the rest of us do. As Watchpost said above - trans rights are human rights. It's an additive process, their rights don't take away anyone else's and I can only speak for myself but all I want is for them to be included, not sidelined. People are killing themselves over this, why is it so hard to get your head around it?
I'm getting bored of making the disclaimer that I don't have a probem with trans people, I've made the point several times on the thread. So you all can virtue signal as much as you like, and I'll join that ride, as I totally accept that some people have gender dysphoria and want to transition, and many do. I've met trans people, and they are just people to me, although I have a bit of sympathy for their predicament / mental state, whatever you want to call it. Some activists will take issue with even that position, claiming that there is no mental state, and in my view that's a demial of reality.

The 'shadowy activists' are in the universities. Students and faculty. The kind of folk that are so radicalized in their beliefs that if a big hairy bloke with bits claims to be a woman, and wants join say a woman only cruise. They will defend his/her/whatever rights and call anyone who raises doubts some kind of transphobe. It seems like there are a few extreme thinkers like that on this thread. The political element arises because the argument then goes beyond whether there is any gender dyspohira, to simple the right to assert any position no matter how counter-intuitive.

Finally, I am not happy with the idea (trend) whereby the acceptance of trans rights has reached a point where many are un-critical about whether someone has gender dysphoria or not. If a pre-puberty child claims gender dysphoria, there are bound to be some that encourage the thinking. Granted there are checks and balances in psychiatry, but nevertheless there are radical thinkers who will indulge the childs thoughts simply because they are so open to trans humanism. My point is that society should remain cautious about this kind of movement, move slowly, and see how the people who are trans have fared over there lives.

That's not to deny anyone who has generder dysphoria consideration. There are people on the right who totally reject the gender hypothesis and focus purely on biological sex. I think we have to give people who genuinely and seriously claim gender dysphoria a duty of care and help them transition. But I don't see celebrating trans life in the same we (recently) tend to celebrate gay lifestyle as prudent.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Dec 8th 2019 at 4:34 pm. Reason: ABUSE. Next time your entire post will be deleted

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.