Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Transgenderism - a sign of the times

Transgenderism - a sign of the times

Old Dec 5th 2019, 10:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Watchpost has a reputation beyond reputeWatchpost has a reputation beyond reputeWatchpost has a reputation beyond reputeWatchpost has a reputation beyond reputeWatchpost has a reputation beyond reputeWatchpost has a reputation beyond reputeWatchpost has a reputation beyond reputeWatchpost has a reputation beyond reputeWatchpost has a reputation beyond reputeWatchpost has a reputation beyond reputeWatchpost has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Transgenderism - a sign of the times

Originally Posted by Shard View Post
Spot on. It's much easier for the purveyors of intersectional rights to over-simplfy and bring the mob with them.
Some would describe me as a "purveyor of intersectional rights".

I would respond by paraphrasing Barack Obama: there are no intersectional rights, only human rights.

I identify with transsexuals because they are human beings and are therefore deserving of respect. That's the starting point.
Old Dec 5th 2019, 10:20 am
F.orum Ape

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Watchpost View Post
Some would describe me as a "purveyor of intersectional rights".

I would respond by paraphrasing Barack Obama: there are no intersectional rights, only human rights.

I identify with transsexuals because they are human beings and are therefore deserving of respect. That's the starting point.
Nobody is disputing that though. Absolutely nobody. That's what's bizarre about this whole discussion.
Old Dec 5th 2019, 1:15 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Spot on. It's much easier for the purveyors of intersectional rights to over-simplfy and bring the mob with them.
I'm still at a loss, tbh. This entire thread seems like a manufactured argument about a nonexistent problem.
Old Dec 5th 2019, 1:23 pm
F.orum Ape

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
I'm still at a loss, tbh. This entire thread seems like a manufactured argument about a nonexistent problem.
Often people can't see the forest for the trees.
Old Dec 5th 2019, 2:13 pm
Fair and balanced

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Nobody is disputing that though. Absolutely nobody. That's what's bizarre about this whole discussion.
yes, but no, arguments are remembered for the no at the end. My takeaway from your posts is that trans people are in Nicholas Fairbairn MP's words, the "Wreckers of Civilization"
Old Dec 5th 2019, 2:28 pm
Hail Satan!

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

It's up to you how you spend your time. You do seem very angry, and very much like a trans activist. I would have thought you would take that as a compliment given your views.

You're very keen on "gotcha" posts, which again, is totally your perogative. It doesn't progress the debate, but then that's the m.o. of trans activism: controlling the conversation, shutting down
free thought, casting aspersions.
Man, you know I love you and all but sometimes you're such a caricature of a lib it's not even funny anymore.

What exactly is a 'trans activist' in the context of how Leslie and co. in this thread are posting? I see a lot of trans allies, of which I am one, but not an awful lot of people running around telling everybody they have to be trans, or they already are trans. Kind of a weird take, but whatever. You do you.

Originally Posted by kimilseung View Post
The coming Transpocalypse is going to wipe you off the Earth, apparently, according to some.
0.6% of the population are coming for us. Ahhhhhh, run for the hills.

They're coming from the hills.

Run away from the hills. If you see hills, run the other way.

This is the libbiest of lib takes, but you're way off the mark pinning this on progressives or leftists. Idpol is firmly the territory of neoliberalism and the right. Idpol is what gave us Trump because everyone was fixated on getting the first female president, even if she was an absolute damp dishcloth of a candidate. Idpol is what's going to give us Trump in 2020 if we end up with Liz or even worse somehow Mayo Pete gets the nomination because god forbid the only person who can fix the mess that is America just happens to be an old, white guy (this one time anyway ).

This isn't about 'intersectional rights', or identity politics. This is about the fact that trans- people are people, and that's the end of the story. They deserve to be accepted and normalized in the same way any of the rest of us do. As Watchpost said above - trans rights are human rights. It's an additive process, their rights don't take away anyone else's and I can only speak for myself but all I want is for them to be included, not sidelined. People are killing themselves over this, why is it so hard to get your head around it?
Old Dec 5th 2019, 2:42 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
This isn't about 'intersectional rights', or identity politics. This is about the fact that trans- people are people, and that's the end of the story. They deserve to be accepted and normalized in the same way any of the rest of us do. As Watchpost said above - trans rights are human rights. It's an additive process, their rights don't take away anyone else's and I can only speak for myself but all I want is for them to be included, not sidelined. People are killing themselves over this, why is it so hard to get your head around it?

This.
Old Dec 5th 2019, 4:15 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gordon Barlow View Post
Amazing how this thread has blossomed, at a tangent to the way I began it. I've missed at least half of the posts because the relevant posters are on my Ignore List, and I thank God for that.
Gordon, you have been a member of BE for 7 years, surely you know by now that BE mods cannot possibly monitor every single word in every thread 24/7? That surely is common sense! You should also be aware that if you object to a post, you should hit the ‘report post’ tab, as that will alert all super mods. You do realise that BE mods have real lives and sometimes our real lives get in the way of our voluntary BE duties don’t you?

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Dec 8th 2019 at 11:46 pm. Reason: Edit to quite naming names
Old Dec 5th 2019, 6:44 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

That only shows how poorly you read my posts. Perhaps your perception has been shifted by comments from the derranged lady, who has precisely the toxic mindset I am taking issue with.

​​​​​​
Is this directed at me?
Old Dec 6th 2019, 3:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
Man, you know I love you and all but sometimes you're such a caricature of a lib it's not even funny anymore.

What exactly is a 'trans activist' in the context of how Leslie and co. in this thread are posting? I see a lot of trans allies, of which I am one, but not an awful lot of people running around telling everybody they have to be trans, or they already are trans. Kind of a weird take, but whatever. You do you.
To be fair I've seen Leslie wish for a penis or two.

Old Dec 6th 2019, 4:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
Just like the public bathroom issue. Manufactured problems praying on people's fears.

No one in their right mind uses public bathrooms.

Old Dec 6th 2019, 4:19 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anotherlimey View Post

No one in their right mind uses public bathrooms.
Especially those in airports. And shopping centres. And, well, just about everywhere really.
Old Dec 6th 2019, 4:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Ruskies are a protected class now? Pft.

Old Dec 6th 2019, 4:55 am
idealist

stevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond repute

There's a couple on this thread.
Old Dec 6th 2019, 11:11 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevenglish1 View Post
There's a couple on this thread.
That's not very nice you two

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.