Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Transgenderism - a sign of the times

Transgenderism - a sign of the times

Old Dec 5th 2019, 12:27 am
F.orum Ape

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Transgenderism - a sign of the times

Originally Posted by kimilseung View Post
The coming Transpocalypse is going to wipe you off the Earth, apparently, according to some.
I'll be uploaded into the cloud by then.
Old Dec 5th 2019, 12:51 am
F.orum Ape

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie View Post
You're telling me to "give it a rest" as if you feel somehow beleaguered. You've accused me of "twisting your words" and you've whined about nobody in the thread "getting you" .... those just off the top of my head. Unfortunately, we "get you". That's the problem.
OMG you are projecting. How embarrassing (for you). My quip 'give it a rest' (JG's words) in relation to your crass joke about Coke, just at the moment that Spouse decided to reveal something quite personal.

You do twist my words, if memory serves other people's words too. It comes across as fairly deranged. You follow the example of more moderate posters on the forum.

I haven't "whined" about anything, although you've read my mind on thinking "nobody on the thread gets me." I believe it's because nobody seems to be able to hold a plurality in their head. I've tried to explain this to a couple of the more cerebral posters, but even they don't get it. No problem. Most people like simple explanations and view complex things through that lens.

You say "we get you" I say, yup, thank you for casting another aspersion. If you really want to use your "gotcha" powers, why don't you go collect all the positive and supportive phrases I've made about trans people. Trans individuals. They're up there in the thread in black and white. Or would that not suit your cynical agenda?

Old Dec 5th 2019, 12:55 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard View Post
OMG you are projecting. How embarrassing (for you). My quip 'give it a rest' (JG's words) in relation to your crass joke about Coke, just at the moment that Spouse decided to reveal something quite personal.

You do twist my words, if memory serves other people's words too. It comes across as fairly deranged. You follow the example of more moderate posters on the forum.

I haven't "whined" about anything, although you've read my mind on thinking "nobody on the thread gets me." I believe it's because nobody seems to be able to hold a plurality in their head. I've tried to explain this to a couple of the more cerebral posters, but even they don't get it. No problem. Most people like simple explanations and view complex things through that lens.

You say "we get you" I say, yup, thank you for casting another aspersion. If you really want to use your "gotcha" powers, why don't you go collect all the positive and supportive phrases I've made about trans people. Trans individuals. They're up there in the thread in black and white. Or would that not suit your cynical agenda?
TLDR
Old Dec 5th 2019, 1:03 am
Fair and balanced

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
Justice vs operations.

Yes, not really a pairing.
it's also very much begging the question fallacy linked. The decision has been made, sans evidence, then the search for scraps of evidence is sought.

Last edited by kimilseung; Dec 5th 2019 at 1:10 am.
Old Dec 5th 2019, 1:08 am
Fair and balanced

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting to hear about your Nazi connections. (Joke!) I mean your Nazi black sheep relative who has far right Christian views.
Not that it matters, but I find a need to correct this. He is NOT, a Christian. He has been influenced by the the hateful attitudes of members in his immediate family who happen to be Christians.
Old Dec 5th 2019, 1:17 am
F.orum Ape

Not that it matters, but I find a need to correct this. He is NOT, a Christian. He has been influenced by the the hateful attitudes of members in his immediate family who happen to be Christians.
So he's Nazi (whatever that means, extreme Right I suppose) because of Christian ideology, but not Christian?
Old Dec 5th 2019, 1:20 am
Fair and balanced

So he's Nazi (whatever that means, extreme Right I suppose) because of Christian ideology, but not Christian?
he's a nazi, which means being a nazi, in his case a leader of a terrorist group. Because of hate ideology. I am confused at your confusion. If you care, which I doubt, any further discussion should be in PM.
Old Dec 5th 2019, 1:22 am
F.orum Ape

he's a nazi, which means being a nazi, in his case a leader of a terrorist group. Because of hate ideology. I am confused at your confusion.If you care, which I doubt, any further discussion should be in PM.
Do you mean a WW2 Nazi?
Old Dec 5th 2019, 1:24 am
Fair and balanced

Do you mean a WW2 Nazi?
may I refer the right honourable gentleman to my previous post.
Old Dec 5th 2019, 1:36 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

<snip>

It's ok, the whole problem is predicated upon people giving up sex. The risk seems low to me, and Prince Andrew has certainly been doing his bit.

Last edited by BEVS; Dec 5th 2019 at 6:02 am. Reason: remove quote of post
Old Dec 5th 2019, 5:58 am
Somewhere

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gordon Barlow View Post
. JG has begun a "Read Me" thread somewhere that she claims is intended to discourage sniping. What a pity she doesn't apply it to this thread.
There have been no reports for this thread Gordon Barlow.

If something needs a look please do report that. It helps a lot and isn't really telling tales as mods will take a look and if in doubt confer..
For myself, I've been busy in the Gallery the last couple of days so have been in and out rather than reading all posts.
Old Dec 5th 2019, 6:44 am
idealist

stevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie View Post
She told YOU to give it a rest.

You started this with me. I was responding to Gordon when you went after me. Sorry that didn't turn out the way you thought it would. In post #325 you started it back up for no apparent reason. But now you're the victim. Funny how it always works out like that.
Ah she told me to give it a rest but in this instance I'll wear it as a badge of honour. I'm guilty of having some pretty shit arguments in the past, mostly because I don't articulate all that well, and tend to get shirty about it but that's by the by, shard has shown himself up a bit of late , been an eye opener for me.
Old Dec 5th 2019, 9:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Watchpost has a reputation beyond reputeWatchpost has a reputation beyond reputeWatchpost has a reputation beyond reputeWatchpost has a reputation beyond reputeWatchpost has a reputation beyond reputeWatchpost has a reputation beyond reputeWatchpost has a reputation beyond reputeWatchpost has a reputation beyond reputeWatchpost has a reputation beyond reputeWatchpost has a reputation beyond reputeWatchpost has a reputation beyond repute

Wait, what? What is "out-manning a man" exactly?
Recognizing, correctly, that many of society's ills are due to its dominance by alpha males, but seeing the solution to that in an increase in the number of alpha females.

And which "activists"?
The ones who write for the Guardian and the Independent, for a start.

Who is classified as an activist?
It's not a classification, just a descriptor.

Which women in which society "don't want that"?
Women around me, women I studied with, colleagues, family members.. They are well educated, intelligent, competent. But they don't want a high-powered career and the associated stress. At the risk of grossly over-generalizing, most of them just want to be told what to do and to be paid reasonably for doing it.

The issue is far too complicated to be described in these terms. Even the term "traditional" needs a lot more examination. Traditional where, when and how?
The fact that the issue is very complicated is a point that I've already made.

This discussion is itself a microcosm of identity politics. I want no part of that. I identify with the human race. But I've managed to get myself dragged into it.

If the discussion continues in this vein, I'm out of it.
Old Dec 5th 2019, 9:25 am
BE Enthusiast

el collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond repute

I've gone all dizzy and need a lie down i'm lost, confused and just do not know what we are talking about now.but i have a doctors appointment tomorrow so please don't worry
Old Dec 5th 2019, 9:31 am
F.orum Ape

Originally Posted by Watchpost View Post

The fact that the issue is very complicated is a point that I've already made.

This discussion is itself a microcosm of identity politics. I want no part of that. I identify with the human race. But I've managed to get myself dragged into it.

If the discussion continues in this vein, I'm out of it.
Spot on. It's much easier for the purveyors of intersectional rights to over-simplfy and bring the mob with them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.