Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Transgenderism - a sign of the times

Transgenderism - a sign of the times

Old Dec 4th 2019, 9:41 pm
idealist

stevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Transgenderism - a sign of the times

Originally Posted by Shard View Post
Good comments.
No amount of back slapping and arse kissing on a debate well had should mask the fact that one side has been judgmental and hateful, no matter how 'polite' .

If someone completely unknown to you was "debating" the validity of your life and how you feel you need to live it, even though your life impacted in no way on theirs, how do you think you would feel about that? You can try to appear as clever and reasonable as you like, but you don't seem to comprehend live and let live.

Old Dec 4th 2019, 9:46 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevenglish1 View Post
No amount of back slapping and arse kissing on a debate well had should mask the fact that one side has been judgmental and hateful, no matter how 'polite' .

If someone completely unknown to you was "debating" the validity of your life and how you feel you need to live it, even though your life impacted in no way on theirs, how do you think you would feel about that? You can try to appear as clever and reasonable as you like, but you don't seem to comprehend live and let live.

A lot more live and let live would do us all a world of good. I really don't understand why anything to do with gender and sex roles causes so much insecurity and fear. In this case, the transgender population is tiny, has always been a part of our species, and threatens nobody with anything. People are not being forced or even told to "question their gender", but, at last and in some places at some times, they are being told that whatever they feel themselves to be they are not wrong, bad, abnormal or ill, and others are being told to accept that fact.
Old Dec 4th 2019, 9:48 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie View Post

Sorry if my approach isn't as "positive" as LIWs but I think it's garbage.
I'm famous for being positive and generally helpful around here..
Old Dec 4th 2019, 10:54 pm
F.orum Ape

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

I'm the simple one, yet it's you who is having trouble understanding. This isn't a complex issue, it's not even an issue FFS. I think your contribution to this thread is more about your debating skills than the OP, when my daughter was doing her degree she was tasked with developing a reasoned argument as to why a table was actually a chair, have you been asked to make a ridiculous stand point sound reasonable?
Certainly a Coke commercial would have people believe it's not a complex issue. The medical, psychiatric and legal world, not so much.

Old Dec 4th 2019, 11:02 pm
idealist

stevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond repute

Certainly a Coke commercial would have people believe it's not a complex issue. The medical, psychiatric and legal world, not so much.
Again, you're missing the point which is that it's not a complex issue for you or me, unless either of us is looking to go down the gender reassignment road. You're the one making it an issue, complex or otherwise. Until the day I want to live the rest of my life as a woman, it's got nothing to do with me, that's pretty simple eh?
Old Dec 4th 2019, 11:12 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Please read:

https://britishexpats.com/forum/take...inting-929653/
Old Dec 4th 2019, 11:15 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

+1
Old Dec 4th 2019, 11:19 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Nice word twisting.
I can go back through and quote your posts exactly as you said them. They're actually much worse than the way I paraphrased. I can also quote all of the times you've called people names and accused them of this or that --- I think you called me a trans activist and not worth talking to --- but I can go look for the exact verbiage. Would you like that?
Old Dec 4th 2019, 11:22 pm
WTF?

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
I'm famous for being positive and generally helpful around here..
I noticed how controversy never seems to follow you around.
Old Dec 4th 2019, 11:26 pm
F.orum Ape

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie View Post
I can go back through and quote your posts exactly as you said them. They're actually much worse than the way I paraphrased. I can also quote all of the times you've called people names and accused them of this or that --- I think you called me a trans activist and not worth talking to --- but I can go look for the exact verbiage. Would you like that?
It's up to you how you spend your time. You do seem very angry, and very much like a trans activist. I would have thought you would take that as a compliment given your views.

You're very keen on "gotcha" posts, which again, is totally your perogative. It doesn't progress the debate, but then that's the m.o. of trans activism: controlling the conversation, shutting down
free thought, casting aspersions.

Old Dec 4th 2019, 11:36 pm
WTF?

It's up to you how you spend your time. You do seem very angry, and very much like a trans activist. I would have thought you would take that as a compliment given your views.

You're very keen on "gotcha" posts, which again, is totally your perogative. It doesn't progress the debate, but then that's the m.o. of trans activism: controlling the conversation, shutting down
free thought, casting aspersions.
Nope and nope. Nice try though.
Old Dec 4th 2019, 11:44 pm
Somewhere

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cape Blue View Post
- we don't trust children to drive, vote, drink or do a range of other things, so I'm not sure we should trust their young opinion on chopping off their tallywhacker. Medical transitioning should be reserved for 18+ in my current opinion.
That isn't what happens. There is no surgery. There is puberty suspension which is reversible. That goes hand in hand with psychotherapy.
We should be trusting the child to know who they are inside & if there is a dysphoria then that should be acknowledged and helped in whatever direction that goes.

Old Dec 4th 2019, 11:45 pm
F.orum Ape

Originally Posted by BEVS View Post
That isn't what happens. There is no surgery. There is puberty suspension which is reversible. That goes hand in hand with psychotherapy.
We should be trusting the child to know who they are inside & if there is a dysphoria then that should be acknowledged and helped in whatever direction that goes.
How long can puberty be suspended?
Old Dec 5th 2019, 12:02 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

How long can puberty be suspended?
In my daughter's case it was 5 years, but I assume it can be longer.
Old Dec 5th 2019, 12:09 am
F.orum Ape

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse View Post
In my daughter's case it was 5 years, but I assume it can be longer.
Your daughter ! Why did she decide to suspend puberty ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.