Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Tories in chaos

Tories in chaos

Old Apr 8th 2021, 10:01 am
Reasonable Bitch

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tories in chaos

Since it was all done clandestinely, it's conceivable nobody knew about it. Like the AZ contract that they tried to keep concealed.
Old Apr 8th 2021, 10:14 am
BE Forum Addict

la mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by amideislas View Post
Since it was all done clandestinely, it's conceivable nobody knew about it. Like the AZ contract that they tried to keep concealed.
Then why open your mouth and let everyone know you are a fool?

Just an addition. Contracts are supposed to be confidential.
Old Apr 8th 2021, 10:25 am
Reasonable Bitch

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Apparently, they deliberately kept the transfer of vaccines secret, to avoid the inevitable backlash. But of course, it was all in the interest of Global Britain's infamous anglospheric global altruism. No politics involved. No siree.

Last edited by amideislas; Apr 8th 2021 at 10:31 am.
Old Apr 8th 2021, 10:33 am
BE Forum Addict

la mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond repute

Let's face it, most of you on here, especially you Brits, hate Britain and the British people. When something goes wrong with the running of Britain, you lot gleefully go into the stratosphere with links and sarcasm that goes on for days. But when something goes right with the running of Britain, guess what, you lot negatively go into the stratosphere with links and sarcasm that goes on for days trying to put Britain down. You just hate Britain. So one can take your posts from whence they come.

As for your 'clandestine' exports: Ami, does AZ now have to give a running commentary for each export order?
Old Apr 8th 2021, 10:51 am
Reasonable Bitch

Government contracts aren't supposed to be secret. Otherwise, dubious stuff occurs. It's called "transparency".

AstraZeneca was contracted to supply the UK preferentially, although that was considered wholly unnecessary and politically dubious. AZ wasn't contracted to supply Australia. But you know, a little under the table maneuvering here and there, we can manage to come out as heroes, especially since Italy wasn't agreeable to it, as most of it was being exported to the UK. But they couldn't possibly understand the importance of the anglosphere, could they?

Anyway, its all starting to smell pretty ripe. Better sweep it off the dock before it gets too much notice.

​​​​​​So, when do you think that British altruism will finally allow AZ to fulfil its other contracts with insignificant parties? No, don't bother. By then, AZ will likely be the least significant supplier of 400 million doses.

Last edited by amideislas; Apr 8th 2021 at 11:20 am.
Old Apr 8th 2021, 11:03 am
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Annetje View Post
Is that you dave j ?
That tickled me.
Old Apr 8th 2021, 11:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Watchpost has a reputation beyond reputeWatchpost has a reputation beyond reputeWatchpost has a reputation beyond reputeWatchpost has a reputation beyond reputeWatchpost has a reputation beyond reputeWatchpost has a reputation beyond reputeWatchpost has a reputation beyond reputeWatchpost has a reputation beyond reputeWatchpost has a reputation beyond reputeWatchpost has a reputation beyond reputeWatchpost has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
And then the place they're going does the same and the court requisitions them back.
Pharmaceutical plants outside the UK are outside the UK's jurisdiction.

And then the place they're going does the same and the court requisitions them back.
Then someone else 'goes to court' over them and requisitions them.
Then we get the UN and Nato involved and then we go to war over vaccines but more people die in the meantime, then young people are being killed by war and oldies by covid, so more die.
Then the World Police wade in (America) and Biden takes all the vaccines for Americans because they're so lardy they need 4 jabs instead of 2.
Then China admit it was made in a lab and they have an antidote and in shock, BoJo drops his hot choccy on the nuke button and we launch some Trident badboys eastwards.
Russians think it's aimed at them and hit their button.
Biden is strapped to a chair and Trump is hitting every weapon button imaginable and half of Eastern Europe lights up like a firework display of rockets heading to Russia and China.
They all start to land.
World implodes and there's a bloke in Germany saying he was happy to wait an extra couple of weeks for his vaccine BOOOOOM. We're all dead.

I mean, I might have extended the story a bit but it's as logical, sensible and realistic as yours.
Most of the time Scamp, your posts are sensible. But not this time.
Old Apr 8th 2021, 11:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Watchpost has a reputation beyond reputeWatchpost has a reputation beyond reputeWatchpost has a reputation beyond reputeWatchpost has a reputation beyond reputeWatchpost has a reputation beyond reputeWatchpost has a reputation beyond reputeWatchpost has a reputation beyond reputeWatchpost has a reputation beyond reputeWatchpost has a reputation beyond reputeWatchpost has a reputation beyond reputeWatchpost has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by la mancha View Post
Great news. Astra Zeneca sent vaccine doses to Australia. Brilliant! I think all Brits will be happy about that. I certainly am. This part of your link is most interesting, though.

'In early March, European Council President Charles Michel claimed the UK had 'imposed an outright ban on the export of vaccines or vaccine components produced on their territory'. That claim was wrong because doses manufactured in the UK had already been exported to Australia a fortnight earlier.

More EU lies? Or incompetence?
Incompetence, in a very limited and specific way.
Old Apr 8th 2021, 11:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Let's face it, most of you on here, especially you Brits, hate Britain and the British people.
And the prize for overgeneralization of the week goes to: Mr Mancha!
Old Apr 8th 2021, 11:25 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Then why open your mouth and let everyone know you are a fool?

Just an addition. Contracts are supposed to be confidential.

No, they are not. We have rules about that. British, sovereign rules.

"All new central government ICT contracts over the value of £10,000 are to be published in full and online from July 2010. All new central government tender documents for contracts over £10,000 are to be published on a single website, with this information to be made available to the public free of charge. All new central government contracts are to be published in full from January 2011"

https://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/...January%202011

And

https://www.gov.uk/contracts-finder

Last edited by Lion in Winter; Apr 8th 2021 at 11:33 am.
Old Apr 8th 2021, 11:32 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Let's face it, most of you on here, especially you Brits, hate Britain and the British people. When something goes wrong with the running of Britain, you lot gleefully go into the stratosphere with links and sarcasm that goes on for days. But when something goes right with the running of Britain, guess what, you lot negatively go into the stratosphere with links and sarcasm that goes on for days trying to put Britain down. You just hate Britain. So one can take your posts from whence they come.
Now you're just being silly.

You know what I "hate"? Unethical, self-interested, dishonest, entitled and incompetent people damaging the places, culture, people, and society I grew up with and hope to return to. I have no idea what anybody's motivations for excusing them might be, but "love of country" it's not.
Old Apr 8th 2021, 11:44 am
idealist

stevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by amideislas View Post
The UK damaged its own credibility. You're giving me too much credit. I don't have that kind of influence.

Or is it that a taboo subject, and anyone who points it out is automatically an adversary?
no as I said I give you very little credit, the only credibility you ever damage is your own. The UK may well have made a bad decision, or it may have been a master stroke, but it's done and dusted , grow up and get over it.
Old Apr 8th 2021, 12:19 pm
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Watchpost View Post
Pharmaceutical plants outside the UK are outside the UK's jurisdiction.

Most of the time Scamp, your posts are sensible. But not this time.
I was just be facetious because I don't think legal challenges over vaccines will ever come about - honestly. I think there will be enough supply from various sources that it'll all be OK. Going to 'war' is physical fighting but also in courtrooms and I think most politicians know that whoever suggests that is going to be the first in a long line of losers.
Old Apr 8th 2021, 12:30 pm
Reasonable Bitch

Originally Posted by stevenglish1 View Post
no as I said I give you very little credit, the only credibility you ever damage is your own. The UK may well have made a bad decision, or it may have been a master stroke, but it's done and dusted , grow up and get over it.
You know, this all started with me making the whole thing up. A complete lie. Despite all evidence to the contrary.

But after what, 10 pages of denial, it's now morphed into, "well, yeah, maybe it was a bit dubious, but it's done & dusted now".

Like I said previously, it's smelling pretty ripe now. Better sweep it off the dock. You know, before it gets embarrassing.
Old Apr 8th 2021, 12:32 pm
Reasonable Bitch

I was just be facetious because I don't think legal challenges over vaccines will ever come about - honestly. I think there will be enough supply from various sources that it'll all be OK. Going to 'war' is physical fighting but also in courtrooms and I think most politicians know that whoever suggests that is going to be the first in a long line of losers.
No, not likely. Nothing horrendously illegal here. Just cheeky and underhanded. But that won't soon be forgotten.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.